Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That was an unexpected finish. Larry deserved a podium finish more than I did.

I had a great time, although I was less than pleased with my 17.5 buggy performance. Had I not flipped over at the end of the 2nd qualifier, I would've easily made the A and shown John Goode how to drive
Old 11-26-2013, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Will you guys be racing on Sat?
Old 11-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eaglesrx
thanks for the info slayer. I'm thinking about a 2wd buggy rebuild and wondering if it might fit my driving style better. I didn't think mid-motor centro's would perform that well vs guys with comparable driving skill running rear at RCHR. I should have talked to some of the island guys yesterday. Awesome race everyone in the a-main put on in 2wd mod buggy.
I ran my mid motor 2.0 all day Saturday and was very unhappy. Threw my rear motor car together at the end of the day and dropped a 14.09 I think in round 2 of 17.5 Then again, I drive hard, Shlick and Francis are ALOT smoother then me!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default Video of RC Excitement's Gobbler layout

Hey Guys,

Here's a link to a video of a couple quick laps on the new Gobbler Layout for this weekend at RC Excitement. We just finished the changes on Saturday night so this layout only has one race day on it so it will be fair for everyone, yet traction is already up. If your making a weekend of it we're racing Friday at 7pm, there's open practice all day Saturday and one bonus qual at 5pm, and the Gobbler all day Sunday. That's a lot of track time!

See you soon,
Todd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVfBe...XZTFJ_mv8cCZTw
Old 11-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, I just wanted to update everyone for this weekend...
So we are doing track maintenance tonight...the track saw a lot of action this weekend and we will be working tonight to get the place all cleaned up and back to racing condition. We will be running WNW. I realize its going to be nasty weather, but as of right now we are still going to be open. Please drive carefully and check back here or on the website for updates.

For the weekend, we have the final round of our Vintage Off-Road Revival (VORR) Series coming up this Sunday Dec 1st. We will have plaques for the top 3 drivers for each class for the series. This is the last chance to run those vintage cars competitively this year guys so bring em out to race!!
Also, we are inviting all of our racers out to run all the normal classes so it should be a lot of fun like last time. That being said, we will not be racing on Saturday this week.
That's it guys, we'll see everyone Wed night and Sunday morning!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

WOOOHOOOO WNW!! No work on Thurs and for those still in... No school on Thurs either so we should have a great showing. I know I'm looking forward to it.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stickboy007
That was an unexpected finish. Larry deserved a podium finish more than I did.
Thanks bud that would have been the best race of the night hands down. Anyway moving on who's coming to get this whooping tomorrow! Lamar, Mike "big mouth" Novak? I want Lamar bring it son.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will not be able to make it tomorrow, most likely. I don't want to risk the weather, considering I'm an hour away. I will be there on Sunday, though, with my beloved vintages.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

According to accu weather, rain is supposed to end by around 5...plus a little rain can't stop the Wednesday Night Worlds!!! The place is all cleaned up from the weekend and the track is all patched and looking mint. Game On!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by willyb
According to accu weather, rain is supposed to end by around 5...plus a little rain can't stop the Wednesday Night Worlds!!! The place is all cleaned up from the weekend and the track is all patched and looking mint. Game On!
I'll be there tonight. Also, emerging from hibernation, Blake will be there as well.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Suspended

Hey guys, I know I asked once before for a showing at our trophy race over the summer. Understandably it was still outdoor season. Its winter season now so.......... I know I've heard from a few that the slicks are not favorable for some. Well here's the thing, you Don't need to buy brand new M4's to have a competitive slick. I'm sure plenty of you have a worn out set of M4 whatever's!! Break them open and refoam them with an AKA red insert front and rear, sand them down, and your set!! If anyone is running a Losi, I have a few sets to lend out!! I spoke briefly with john Sunday about rallying some troops for the trip, it'd be great to see some of you make the trip! Give it some thought guys, the slicks aren't that bad. Its December 8th and we have a thread for it in the racing section with all the info. Please guys, I'm asking for this favor.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited by TonyD.; 11-28-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

happy thanksgiving guys! see everyone at wnw
Old 11-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by The Slayer
Hey guys, I know I asked once before for a showing at our trophy race over the summer. Understandably it was still outdoor season. Its winter season now so.......... I know I've heard from a few that the slicks are not favorable for some. Well here's the thing, you Don't need to buy brand new M4's to have a competitive slick. I'm sure plenty of you have a worn out set of M4 whatever's!! Break them open and refoam them with an AKA red insert front and rear, sand them down, and your set!! If anyone is running a Losi, I have a few sets to lend out!! I spoke briefly with john Sunday about rallying some troops for the trip, it'd be great to see some of you make the trip! Give it some thought guys, the slicks aren't that bad. Its December 8th and we have a thread for it in the racing section with all the info. Please guys, I'm asking for this favor.
hey id love to know was your truck mid motor converted?
Old 11-29-2013, 03:07 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by glacius
hey id love to know was your truck mid motor converted?
No, rear motor. I didn't have any luck with mid motor up there.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.