Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirtdog07
Hey guys, I decided to get back into the hobby after 8 years removed. I still have my truck(Team Losi XXT MF2) that was only run acouple times and electronics/radio. When I started looking online I found Connecticut now has a good number of tracks and 2 are right by me, you guys and Wolcott Raceway. While also looking online I found out that there's 2.4GHz radios now, brushless motors/esc are the normal and it seems that the stadium truck isn't. Does my old stuff have any value or is it best just to start over? I can post some pics if that helps. Are you guys gonna be racing tomorrow, if so I was planning on stopping by to check it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
If you wanted to race again I would get a 2wd short course truck or 2wd buggy. Those are the most consistent classes. The other classes seem to flare up and die down rather quickly. The cooler weather means more people racing so your stadium truck might have it's own class again.

RCHR is great at letting everyone race, if you wanted to run your Losi. Probably throw you in with 17.5 short course, you can start knocking the rust off your driving skills before you commit to a new vehicle. Also give you the chance to try a few peoples rides see what class interests you.

Probably easier to start over just from a parts support point of view. Your gonna break sooner or later, parts for newer cars will be much easier to get.

As far as the value of your gear ebay would be your best price guide. Most people regret selling their old stuff at some point. lol. You may not be able to post pics, I think RC Tech makes you wait until you have several posts. Easier to bring it by the track, Mark or John would be able to help you determine what you have and what it's worth.

Yes they do race on Saturdays, turnout has been a little light lately but it will pick up.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speaking of Saturday. Who's down for some racing today?

"Ducky"
Old 12-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak162
Speaking of Saturday. Who's down for some racing today?

"Ducky"
I'm in, should be there around 10.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Wish I could go. I will be there Wednesday for sure. To all who were involved in the track... Nice Job guys!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Once I'm done with the kids bands performance and eye appointment ill be there maybe 12ish
Old 12-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dirtdog07
Hey guys, I decided to get back into the hobby after 8 years removed. I still have my truck(Team Losi XXT MF2) that was only run acouple times and electronics/radio. When I started looking online I found Connecticut now has a good number of tracks and 2 are right by me, you guys and Wolcott Raceway. While also looking online I found out that there's 2.4GHz radios now, brushless motors/esc are the normal and it seems that the stadium truck isn't. Does my old stuff have any value or is it best just to start over? I can post some pics if that helps. Are you guys gonna be racing tomorrow, if so I was planning on stopping by to check it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
As Rick said, i definately recommend going with a short course truck. There is always a class for it and most people start with short course because the trucks are a little more forgiving compared to a 4wd buggy or a 2wd buggy. It is a fun class as well and there are many people who race them who can help you out a little bit with tuning and set ups for it. I would suggest starting off with the Team Associated SC10 RS. It is a race spec truck with everything you need including their new and advanced speed control, steering servo, motor and 2.4 controller and receiver combo. It only requires a battery and charger which is always in stock at the track. (not to mention that you receive 4 free races at the track when you purchase a kit!) Hope this helps and goodluck.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by novak12
As Rick said, i definately recommend going with a short course truck. There is always a class for it and most people start with short course because the trucks are a little more forgiving compared to a 4wd buggy or a 2wd buggy. It is a fun class as well and there are many people who race them who can help you out a little bit with tuning and set ups for it. I would suggest starting off with the Team Associated SC10 RS. It is a race spec truck with everything you need including their new and advanced speed control, steering servo, motor and 2.4 controller and receiver combo. It only requires a battery and charger which is always in stock at the track. (not to mention that you receive 4 free races at the track when you purchase a kit!) Hope this helps and goodluck.
I would agree to some extent... I had purchased a SC-10 RS and ended up spending quite a bit to get it up to par and competitive. I personally would just go for the Factory Team and get the electronics separate that way you don't spend the cash twice for the same vehicle. Again if you go to RCHR especially this Weds you will get a good look at what is competitive on the track.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vintage Shu Cat
I would agree to some extent... I had purchased a SC-10 RS and ended up spending quite a bit to get it up to par and competitive. I personally would just go for the Factory Team and get the electronics separate that way you don't spend the cash twice for the same vehicle. Again if you go to RCHR especially this Weds you will get a good look at what is competitive on the track.
Only suggestion i would have is to change the shock oil and change the servo out of that truck and its pretty good. When i first got into rc racing thats what i got but it was just the rtr and still use it today.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Hey anyone have a good shock set up for the 22 mine is set up for outdoor last week felt like I was driving on ice any help would be great (and no I'm not buying n associated)
Old 12-17-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiBoy13
Hey anyone have a good shock set up for the 22 mine is set up for outdoor last week felt like I was driving on ice any help would be great (and no I'm not buying n associated)
What tires were you running, and what's your current setup?

Mark, do you have the slipper drive cups for the 44.1 in stock?

Last edited by t0p_sh0tta; 12-17-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
What tires were you running, and what's your current setup?

Mark, do you have the slipper drive cups for the 44.1 in stock?

I'm running v1 barcodes with aka inserts 27.5 shock oil all around 56 piston in rear no limiters white spring 55 piston front 2mm limiters and red spring
Old 12-17-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Full size pack, or shorty? What compound are the Bar codes? I run green when wet/cold, and blue as it hardens/warms up. I was actually running pink BKs/tapers on Saturday, and they weren't bad. Why the 56 out back? I'd start with 55s out back. The 27.5 is a good starting point, and make sure your rear hubs are all the way forward.

If you're still looking for more forward bite, remove weight from the front end (brass kick-up, alloy camber block, etc.).
Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Yea I have a set of those tires and hubs are foward and the 56 is bc it was set for outdoor but cool il change my shock set ups hope that works
Old 12-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

You want to get more weight to transfer to the rear when you you're on the throttle. Softening up your rear shocks (oil & piston) will help a lot. I don't know what you currently have for anti-squat, but you may want to to up on that as well.

Here's a cool tuning cheat sheet that I just found.

http://protable.org/index.php/Setup_Quick_Reference
Old 12-17-2012, 07:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
You want to get more weight to transfer to the rear when you you're on the throttle. Softening up your rear shocks (oil & piston) will help a lot. I don't know what you currently have for anti-squat, but you may want to to up on that as well.

Here's a cool tuning cheat sheet that I just found.

http://protable.org/index.php/Setup_Quick_Reference
Great link

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.