Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Can't wait!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
hey john where did u guys move the drivers stand to?
reinaldo. go thicker on the front diff fluid as well it will help to remove some entry sterring. i know your worried about the rear end coming around but focus on numbing up the front a little. sometimes when you want one end of the vehicle to do something you need to work with the other end of the car. good luck. i did run mike novaks sc10 4x4 for almost a entire outdoor season and i really had that truck working well. the only thing was when you got hit by a losi you better hold on cause your going to loose. i started with a tessman set up. http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...pede_2011.pdfi believe this is the one i used as a baseline. also i found running about 1.5 oz on the oppisite side of the motor helped out a bit.. good luck
Yes, I've been playing a little with the front, as you have mentioned. I started with simple things like dual rate and expo to see if that helps. I'm already running 30k oil up front, which is pretty thick. I suppose I could go even thicker, but I'm thinking of suspension changes first (since they're easier than reaching the diff). I'm thinking softer front springs and less toe-in (0 deg) should make the front less responsive, but softer springs up front will make it dive more under braking. We'll see...I'm always playing around with different settings on this truck to see what works and what doesn't. Ultimately, I need to get it into my head that this is not a B44 and will never drive like one, so when I go from my buggies to this thing, it's a different mindset needed to drive it. Even with the setup as-is, I don't do so bad in 4x4 SC races. I just know it can be faster...
Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

30,000 that is pretty thick! probably too thick. thicker front oil slows down entry but adds exit steering. tow out makes the car respond quicker(twitchy) i think u said that u went up on sway bar which also gives you more steering.i did drive it a while back and it seems to unload the inside rear tire which made it diff out. maybe you could try to add more droop to the rear it may keep more weight on the inside rear. be sure to reset your ride height after adding the droop
Old 12-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm bringing the PAIN WEDNESDAY! You bums had better be ready. Alex, I'm calling you out. Larry, I'm calling you too. Punty, the show is over.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Any new pics of the new layout?
Old 12-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Nope, but you're definitely going to want to gear up.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Nope, but you're definitely going to want to gear up.
What gearing would you suggest for 17.5?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vintage Shu Cat
What gearing would you suggest for 17.5?
It depends on if you want to go FAST down the longest straight I've ever seen @ RCHR or if you want to try to clear the jumps???????????????
Old 12-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jberlenbach
It depends on if you want to go FAST down the longest straight I've ever seen @ RCHR or if you want to try to clear the jumps???????????????
Sounds like you stopped by and saw the new layout. What do you think about the layout as far as 17.5 goes?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

man i am stoked for wednesday. Bring your 2wd and 4wd and 17.5 SC out.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like you stopped by and saw the new layout. What do you think about the layout as far as 17.5 goes?
The layout looks awesome & the racing surface seems soooo much bigger by relocating the drivers stand. There is atight corner at the end of the very long straight that the sightline from the drivers stand makes look very narrow.. That will be a challenge for all, There is a double right out of a 180 corner that may be a challenge to clear from the inside line with a 17.5. there is also a triple right out of a 180 degree turn that may be difficult to single / double or double single since all 3 jumps are short, steep & close together. I can't wait to try the layout on wednesday & am hopeful it is 17.5 friendly to the 2 classes we run. I am also hopeful it proves to be vintage freindly. Cya wednesday!!!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

You'll have to determine that on the track. As long as you can clear the double by the stand, you should be good to go.

If I remember correctly, there will be no practice until Wednesday. They're letting the track get good and hard before we start beating the hell out of it.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
You'll have to determine that on the track. As long as you can clear the double by the stand, you should be good to go.

If I remember correctly, there will be no practice until Wednesday. They're letting the track get good and hard before we start beating the hell out of it.
Huh, huh, you said hard.
Attached Thumbnails Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.-beavis_and_butthead_headbanging.gif  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by eper
30,000 that is pretty thick! probably too thick. thicker front oil slows down entry but adds exit steering. tow out makes the car respond quicker(twitchy) i think u said that u went up on sway bar which also gives you more steering.i did drive it a while back and it seems to unload the inside rear tire which made it diff out. maybe you could try to add more droop to the rear it may keep more weight on the inside rear. be sure to reset your ride height after adding the droop
I'll give that a try. I was running yellow springs for a while and am now experimenting with blue springs (one unit softer, if I remember correctly). I may also try going softer on the front swaybar. We'll see what that does...
Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lamar is experienced enough to know to let it get hard before he beats it. Good thinking, Lamar

Can't wait to try the new layout. I'm on a road trip with my wife right now, so most of you will have a race's worth of practice on me for the new layout. I'll still throw down in 17.5 buggy, though

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.