Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

how was the turnout on wednesday night? what time did you get out? I am going to try next wednesday and should have my rb5 all set up by then(hoping it shows up today). Plan on running a 13.5 with lipo.

Mark what gearing did you run on the b4? I believe the kyosho has the same transmission ratio 2.6, and just need a starting point.

thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

We had 10 racers - which I'm very happy with since it was only our second race night!

I believe we geared it with a 24 tooth pinion.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tschenck
how was the turnout on wednesday night? what time did you get out? I am going to try next wednesday and should have my rb5 all set up by then(hoping it shows up today). Plan on running a 13.5 with lipo.

Mark what gearing did you run on the b4? I believe the kyosho has the same transmission ratio 2.6, and just need a starting point.

thanks
I've been running a 28 with the stock K car spur on my RB5, with a Novak 13.5/LRP Sphere Comp combo. I've gone as large as a 30. These motors are torque monsters - run the big pinions. On an offroad track they don't even get warm - I don't even bother with the heat sink on the ESC. At Mark's track it had plenty of punch and speed with the 28.

Gary
Old 03-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

thanks, now I will just have to find a set up. Did you change much from what you guys run at lir? if not then maybe I can just leave the car the way it comes(used from someone at your track).
Old 03-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well, I'm from northern NJ, so LIR is not exactly home for me, although that's where I've done the bulk of my electric racing this winter. I never saw the guys you bought your car from run, although I did see picks of it in the for sale thread. If it comes with the optional orange or yellow orange springs up front, and the yellow/orange or yellow springs in the rear, you should have all you need to get going. Talking to the LI mob, and seeing other setups across the country, there isn't a huge variation. Go to the RB5 thread here under electric offroad and look at Casper or Ben Ellis' setups for a good start. You'll see stuff about something called the 'mid-arm conversion, but for tight tracks like RCHR the car will rotate better with the stock rear end. One thing that folks like about the K car is that it seems to be very responsive to tuning, so its just a matter of geting a match to your style. Lots of the aces at LIR like mega-steering, quick rotating car and want the rear loose to keep the corner speed up. I'm a 55 year old fart and I need the car to have a little push and a locked down rear so I can keep up with it, and only crash 5 times a heat so I look for different things. Mark knows plenty about how cars work - I'm sure if you describe what you want it to do, he can tell you what to adjust. He certainly helped me out Saturday The RB5 is a really nice car - strong and reliable, and seems to have a good blend between steering and rear traction. Between the RB5 and running BL/lipo, I am enjoying electric this winter MUCM more than I ever expected too. I almost hope it rains once in a while this summer on the weekends...
Old 03-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

just got it. it has orange fronts and dark yellow rears. He gave me a set up sheet so I will just try it and make adjustments from there. Now I just have to get a rear t-plate cause the one on the car is cracked.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tom you can have my T-plate. Just talk to mark because he has my car.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

thanks kyle. also just talked to John and he said they got kyosho parts in. Hopefully I can make it down there tomorrow and pick one up.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

turn on your cell mark!!!!!! what time are you going to be at the track
Old 03-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

good to hear that you are still around howard. I dont think they are at the track until 5pm or so on weekdays.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

I called Howard back, I'll be down there around 4pm.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had a blast last night, even though there weren't too many 2wd buggies. I will definitely be back next Saturday with a little more motor, hopefully I will be able to start clearing that tabletop soon.

Pete Steers
Old 03-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spud2030
I had a blast last night, even though there weren't too many 2wd buggies. I will definitely be back next Saturday with a little more motor, hopefully I will be able to start clearing that tabletop soon.

Pete Steers
Yeah, It was a good time, Thanks for coming down Pete!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Does anybody have a working spare 17 inch monitor they could donate to the track? I want to try hooking up a monitor in the pits to display the racing results.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have to say that when I went to the track for the first time last week I wasn't expecting much. When I arrived I was suprised to see how nice the area was including shop, pits, and most of all track. Everything was well lit, and you could see that there was a lot of attention to detail. The shop staff were very nice and helpfull. I raced yesterday and had a great time, and everything was ran very well. I will definitely be back on every wednesday and saturday that I can make it. I would not hessitate to recommend this track to anyone that was on the fence as to weather they wanted to stop by. It's worth it !!!

Ron H.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.