Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northeast Racing Forum
Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT. >

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice job on the track mark and john. I think I am hanging up the towel though but I will definitely be down as much as I can to hang out with some of the best friends that I have ever made. if you need a hand on the 15th I would be glad to help out announcing or what ever. once again good luck to mark, john and both of their families
Old 03-06-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Why would you sell off your stuff and quit Howard? Just run your HB 4wd with brushless and 1 Lipo battery and not stress out about anything. If anything just practice and not race much like I do. keep it a hobby and stop treating it like a job and you'll have more fun. Trust me Howard.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Mark, track looks good. That place has come a long way from what it was. Good luck! How is the mini class looking for the opener?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Hey Mark Congrates on the shop. It looks like the NY mob is going to make it a double header. Your opener Saturday and our trophy race Sunday. I will be heading up with the crew. I hope you and your guys can follow us home and we can rock at LIR as well. Should be a great weekend of racing. Next time just give me a buzz and give me the heads up. We can work togother. I'll give you a heads up Our madness 2008 race will be April 19th and 20th. I'll see you in a week.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'll be coming down on the 19th with a mini or two.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Everything looks awesome, Mark! I'll be there on the 15th to have some fun with my 4wd and my 2wd. Hopefully we can get my B4 handling as good as yours!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool Nice Track Mark and John.

Mark and John the track looks awsome and the building does not look anything like it did. Congrats to both of you,will you be running Mini? If you are Sampi, myself and Jeff would love to come to the first race on the 15th.Let me know mark, and again Congrats.
Speedy
Old 03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nothreat
Mark, track looks good. That place has come a long way from what it was. Good luck! How is the mini class looking for the opener?
I'm not sure how the mini class is looking honestly, rally up the guys you know that have them to come down and represent the class, if thats something you really want (bring your own spare parts as I have none)

Originally Posted by LI Raceway
Hey Mark Congrates on the shop. It looks like the NY mob is going to make it a double header. Your opener Saturday and our trophy race Sunday. I will be heading up with the crew. I hope you and Thanksyour guys can follow us home and we can rock at LIR as well. Should be a great weekend of racing. Next time just give me a buzz and give me the heads up. We can work togother. I'll give you a heads up Our madness 2008 race will be April 19th and 20th. I'll see you in a week.
Thanks Rob, I'm really looking forward to working with you at LIR and Todd at RCE to bring back the fun and popularity and competition of off-road electric in the Northeast. I'm not sure if we'll be able to make your March 16th race, but we can make a point to goto your April madness race. I saw talk on the RCE forum of some of those guys thinking about doing the double header though.

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
I'll be coming down on the 19th with a mini or two.
Try to make it down the week before on the 15th as well as some of the other mini racers are planning to try and get a class going for the opening day race.

Originally Posted by spud2030
Everything looks awesome, Mark! I'll be there on the 15th to have some fun with my 4wd and my 2wd. Hopefully we can get my B4 handling as good as yours!
Thanks Pete, we'll get your car dialed in! You need to get some practice time to go with it though --- practice is more important than racing you know....

Originally Posted by speedy69
Mark and John the track looks awsome and the building does not look anything like it did. Congrats to both of you,will you be running Mini? If you are Sampi, myself and Jeff would love to come to the first race on the 15th.Let me know mark, and again Congrats.
Speedy
Thanks, its been alot of work.

I'll run an optional class if there are enough people to cover corner marshaling for the next race, currently, the track layout requires 5 corner marshals. The mini class will require 5 racers minimum. This is to maintain a smooth running race program that gets everybody home at a decent time and everybody should get decent corner marshaling during their race.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Scrubb;4241549]

Try to make it down the week before on the 15th as well as some of the other mini racers are planning to try and get a class going for the opening day race.

QUOTE]

I wish Mark. I have to work on Saturday nights and between Madness every Friday and RCHR every wednesday.....I'm pretty booked up. Guess I'll have to just jump into 1/10 scale finally. ST or 4wd buggy....that is the question.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

I wish Mark. I have to work on Saturday nights and between Madness every Friday and RCHR every wednesday.....I'm pretty booked up. Guess I'll have to just jump into 1/10 scale finally. ST or 4wd buggy....that is the question.
I would suggest 2wd buggy first, then 4wd buggy second. The stadium trucks are wider, and on a tight indoor track there is less room to race with other trucks and the racing is not as clean. The narrower buggies have more room (and cleaner racing), have a faster racing line, require less horsepower to go the same speed, and the tires are cheaper. I would recommend a AE B4, Kyosho RB5, or the X-Factory X-6 for 2wd buggy and the B44 or ZX-5 for 4wd(ZX-5 if you plan on running a stick Lipo battery).
Old 03-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Hey Mark trying to plan my trip. What time do you open how long is practice. Also what is the cost per class? If you see a guy half asleep that will be me I'm pulling the triple dip. Lir Friday. Yours Sat and Lir Sunday. seeya soon. Have you run on the track at all what tires?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

another question for ya Mark.........are ya'll going to run some sort of barriers between lanes or just leave the chalk lines. I know the corrugated bendy pipe is pretty gnarly for front end collisions and whatnot....just curious if you had given any thought to any other options.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LI Raceway
Hey Mark trying to plan my trip. What time do you open how long is practice. Also what is the cost per class? If you see a guy half asleep that will be me I'm pulling the triple dip. Lir Friday. Yours Sat and Lir Sunday. seeya soon. Have you run on the track at all what tires?
Three days in a row for racing! Nice!

We open at 9:00am, we were going to start racing at 3 pm, Racing should end by no later than 8pm, which would get you guys home around 10 pm. (me running a 5 hour program is being very slow, it will probably be shorter). $15 for the first class, $10 each additional class. We are still watering the track some so our tires have been caking up a bit. Bring a set of ifmar pins and holeshots just in case the track isn't perfect on the 15th.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

another question for ya Mark.........are ya'll going to run some sort of barriers between lanes or just leave the chalk lines. I know the corrugated bendy pipe is pretty gnarly for front end collisions and whatnot....just curious if you had given any thought to any other options.
We will most likely use the black 4 inch corrugated pipe like the other tracks use. The future will see a better situation...
Old 03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Everything sounds good mark. now I might have to check out a 2wd buggy though. First I will wait and see if thats the bigger class at your track. If is is I will probably pick up an rb5 unless you think the b4 would be better?

See you saturday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.