Search
Like Tree30Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT3 (MP9 TK14)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by transplantlife
Regarding the kyosho GT3

Has anyone tried different springs like serpent, xray, mugen?? Just wondering as I'm to GT onroad.

Thanks🏁
I don't remember the car make the shocks and springs came from but a friend was using some 'red colored' (not RED brand)
shocks and springs on his Kyosho GT with some success on our local 'short' sized track. It was very evident though that at a large on-road event at a nice big track he was experiencing some weird performance problem. He was encouraged to 'switch back to your stock Kyosho pieces'. DIFFERENCE was 'night and day'. Car ran like it was supposed to. I always found 'stock' Kyosho springs with experimenting with shock oil weights were productive. Standard started at 1,000 weight and found it's way
to 800 or 600 with many drivers.

The most important change would be making the installation of the new Kyosho steering carriers to reduce the ridiculous
caster angle. Until that,.........'no joy'. If Kyosho would make them 'standard' in GT2 and GT3 cars and bring back GT1 car, they might find a few Kyosho cars show up on podiums again !!
MikaR likes this.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a brand new gt3 in the box sealed. It needs to go. Contact me.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Kyosho GT3

Originally Posted by 1966ss
I have a brand new gt3 in the box sealed. It needs to go. Contact me.
I'll take it... how much?
Old 02-17-2021, 10:35 AM
Tech Rookie

What is your typical setup for the diffs? Oil weight?
Old 08-23-2021, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is kyosho no longer continuing this platform?
Old 09-23-2021, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Don't own a kyosho but I think the new Xray GT 22 kit has new front 6 degree caster blocks that look like they may work with the GT3? https://circusrc.com/2021/04/xray-gt...ic-gt-car-kit/

I fixed my caster issue on the HB GT by flipping the B block on the front suspension to pivot the lower arms forward. I had to dremel the block once upside down a little to clear input drive for diff. Was an easy job though. I have my HB GT down to 6 degrees and can even go to 2 degrees with different stearing block. You would think manufactures would listen to what customers are asking for to help improve their product. Anyone who has been running GT for a while knows the caster issue!
Old 11-18-2021, 07:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MikaR
right, I see. it does not look so bad but maybe a bit off. I think we used some shims behind the pinion 2nd gear.
what size shims did you use to space out the Avoca gears? Also size of inner bearing?