Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
NTC3, MTX3 or 705 Which one is the best? >

NTC3, MTX3 or 705 Which one is the best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NTC3, MTX3 or 705 Which one is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Maybe you guys should get off the computer and go practice so you don't have to worry about what car is fragile! If you hit things then you deserve to break it.I have ran the NTC3 all summer and its fast,handles great and it won the Worlds! I am planning on getting the MTX3 for comparsion testing but I don't see it being a faster ot better car.Go practice.
Old 11-28-2002, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Hey boomer where you at revelation last weekend to witness the ass whoopin that the mugen guy's gave every body.
Old 11-28-2002, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Craig
Maybe you guys should get off the computer and go practice so you don't have to worry about what car is fragile! If you hit things then you deserve to break it.I have ran the NTC3 all summer and its fast,handles great and it won the Worlds! I am planning on getting the MTX3 for comparsion testing but I don't see it being a faster ot better car.Go practice.

Craig, we pretty much all DO go out and race our cars, that's why we have opinions. We DO practice.
Old 11-28-2002, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Sugar watered tracks

ammdrew;

How much are you paying a gallon for the VHT additive? Does it work better than Punch or Soda?

To all;

Several of my friends bought NTC3's when they first came out but are now starting to move away from them. REASON, they claim it's too hard to keep the car consistant from weekend to weekend, that the diff adjustment is way too sensitive and if it's slightly off the car just doesn't work right.
What it boils down to is, that everyone of the current RACE chassis on the market can be competitive depending on your driving style and how much effort you want to put into set-ups.

Boomer;

After the 1st of the year, Revelation may start racing on Wednsday evenings. Maybe see you there sometime.
Old 11-28-2002, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

i practice as much as i can for a guy with a fulltime job and 2 kids and just so you know i am a pretty good driver but if you race with any other people you ought to know that parts break accidents happen and when they do your at a disadvantage with a ntc3 its not like i have no basis for what im saying i have had both and in the hands of the same driver the mtx cars are far more durable

so the car wins the worlds so what that means its the best car hands down i dont think so everyone knows it has more to do with driving than anything else i think the fact there were 6 serpents in top 10 says more than who one

did you go to nats or worlds i went to nats and the associated cars were destroyed in the main and they got beat bad second place was taken by a bump up they got beat by both serpents and one of the reflexs i saw this first hand burch put a lap on all of them 7 minutes in

the ntc3 had a huge advantage on that track where setup meant little there was tons of traction it was all about speed and we all would agree the ntc3 has a huge advantage when it comes to its drivetrain
Old 11-28-2002, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

i had a ntc3 and a mtx-2 when i went to nats my mugen handled great and was fast in the infield but cars were blowing past on the straight

so i sidelined my mugen and used my ntc3 i wrecked my ntc3 when the reciever pack dumped this is my fault but that wreck cost me close to 100$

during that wreck i must have bent my chassis and proceded to burn up diff gears for the remainder of my qualifiers if i had caught this it would have saved me alot of frustration

at the end of the day i sat back and watched the best drivers in my country race for the title and it was serpent form the start barry baker had to come down and fix his own car and at the end of the race i went to tech and saw some of the most badly beaten cars i ever saw the shock towers were falling off and the cars were in really bad shape i thought to myself if they cant keep it together how can i be expected to and i got rid of my car as soon as i got back i had already spent a ton of money on the car for graphite and titanium etc and it wasnt sturdy
Old 11-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

the person i traded to had three after the trade we did and the next 2 weeks following got so frustrated he packed his cars and left because i was beating him with the mtx-2 he traded me

he has since decide not to run nitro anymore and runs an xray

everyone i know with a ntc3 is always breaking stuff and nomatter what they try the front shocktower comes loose from diff case or if they modify the case it stops coming loose and just breaks off after a wreck

if you are a good enough driver that you dont ever break well than it is the car for you because i know its a fast car and it handles well but with 9 other people on the track with me i feal more comfortable with a durable car

they all break there is noway you can race often and never break parts
Old 11-29-2002, 05:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jason102276
went to tech and saw some of the most badly beaten cars i ever saw the shock towers were falling off and the cars were in really bad shape i thought to myself if they cant keep it together how can i be expected to and i got rid of my car as soon as i got back i had already spent a ton of money on the car for graphite and titanium etc and it wasnt sturdy
Dennis Ritchey did that too. But then he went home, while still putting in a fighting chance, the sought by his onw means to beef up the NTC3... But the last we heard is that he gave up on it and went back to his faithful Mugen.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Default NTC3

All this talk about the Ntc3 being so fragile. I personally have yet to break anything besides a couple of bumbers. Lets nopt forget this is it's 1st year out. Improvements will be made on the car. It consantly tq's, and it wins. Bottom line. Wait til BAker and pavadis get a handle on the car, like burch and cyrul has OVER THE YEARS OF GAS SEDAN RACING
Old 11-29-2002, 08:35 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

in my opinion you can run any of the top cars equally, and all those realy cool features that came on the newest batch will make no difference unless you are putting the car on a clean high bite track.... i can tell you this though i bought my first impulse in 1999, and upgraded as each upgrade came out, that was the car i qualified with at worlds, got a bad bump and found the wall at the end of the straighht, and tweaked the car was not able to find the exact problem so i turned the chassie in and built a new car from my pit box, when i got home and tore the other car apart i found i had a bent lower rear arm pin, not a bigdeal, but the reason i could not get the car back to were it was, i must of overlooked at the track, anyways this is basically the same car i bought in 99, all but one arm( found a wall) chassie, radio plate, and all bearings, etc, and the car went through two nationals, a parkinglot every week in the summer, 5 or 6 hoa races etc, that is alot for a little car.. now granted i am easy on parts i would bet i could keep a ntc3 together for a long time too. and i feel all the cars are very equal and my recommendation to everyone is get the car that is being run by your top group of local drivers, not the car of the week, and not just what the fast guy is running, but what the majority are running, parts will be avalable at the track then, and you will have setup help, very useful to the new guy... and the mtx3 might be pretty good out of the box, but i bet it is not even close to were i would like it, that is nice that the mtx3 and the ntc3 run well out of the box but the reality is when you go to the show they all have the same problems and take the same amount of work to get that last bit of speed out of the car, i realy bielieve in serpent i have seen them at a national evet put down there car and help someone else, just one of us, fix a problem on there car, even help wrench on it, that is great factory support. and i have not seen any other manufacturer do that in on or offroad racing especially at the national level..
Old 11-29-2002, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

ok i wait and see

in the meanwhile i will use my new mtx-3 and continue to not break as often as the typical ntc3 racer

and all those improvement how much are they going to cost

and how are they going to improve on it anyway when they spend alot of time denying the problem like they did with the fuel tank during the time i had one they wouldnt acknowledge the problem even after many people including myself said we would gladly pay for the new tank only to arrive at nats to see all team drivers with a new tank but i thought there wasnt a problem
Old 11-29-2002, 08:41 AM
Company Representative

Default Re: Sugar watered tracks

Originally posted by popsracer
ammdrew;

How much are you paying a gallon for the VHT additive? Does it work better than Punch or Soda?

To all;

Several of my friends bought NTC3's when they first came out but are now starting to move away from them. REASON, they claim it's too hard to keep the car consistant from weekend to weekend, that the diff adjustment is way too sensitive and if it's slightly off the car just doesn't work right.
What it boils down to is, that everyone of the current RACE chassis on the market can be competitive depending on your driving style and how much effort you want to put into set-ups.

Boomer;

After the 1st of the year, Revelation may start racing on Wednsday evenings. Maybe see you there sometime.
20 a gallon, the punch or vht or whatever helps put the groove down faster, thats all so if you have less cars, less pressure the vht works better, if you have a big race and more cars, it will groove faster and that is about it.... will end up with the same groove as you would have with sugar....... just faster.. we usually race club style on wed nights so speed of the groove is essential since we almost do not even get one till the main..
Old 11-29-2002, 08:44 AM
Company Representative

just the way it works, it is more a marketing thing
Old 11-29-2002, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Sugar watered tracks

Originally posted by popsracer
Boomer;

Sounds good to me!
Old 11-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I Dont Know where Everyone Gets off Bashing the NTC3 and How it Breaks. I have had Mine since last christmas and I have only Broken 2 Tranny cases and a steering Block and Busted 1 cvd & 1 shock tower total!!!! and anyone that races with me or around Me can Clearly tell I have Hit most every piece Of PVC or Board In the FLA/GA/Alabama Area. This the Name T-bone so the Driving thing is Not a Issue .as far as the Vapor Locking yes I had some But a Easy Fix to that and the tranny cases. As far as handling yes it handles great and Very easy to work on and setup for most any track condition I liked it so well I sold My 3 Serpent Impulses as far as the durablity Of the Diff gear I have had NO problems at all Maybe this is because I do maintance on my Equiptment Weekly after racing and do try to keep my Cars in top running order so I can Smash a few more Boards The NTC3 might have a issue in 30 minutes mains But Come on how many Of you really race 30 minutes mains? 3% ? I also had never had a problem with the rear Toe adjustments when hitting the Boards Maybe Cuz a Very Quick Fix made it More Durable I dont Know . I am very happy with my NTC3 and Plan to race it some this Year But Yes I am looking to the New Mugen MTX3 mostly Cuz I have never owned a Mugen and would Like to Try one out maybe it will handle better I dont Know But I will Give it a try to Find out for my self But by no means will I park the NTC3 Cuz face it for 60.00 you can almost replace most every piece of plastic that might break (spares) and for 60.00 i could almost buy a half Dozen parts that Broke on the Impulse Steering Blocks/ Bumpers/ a arms/ axles/gears/and Many more parts that seem to Bust off in a brush with the Boards I live in Florida so Serpent parts where everyplace but after having to carry 300.00 in spare parts incase I was out of town racing I would Have what I needed incase the Boards & PVC jumped out in front of me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.