Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying out to a Nitro race ......

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hi all.
Thanks again for the posts and advice everyone is freely giving. All good info'. Seams like they only get nervous about the batteries, tank etc if you take your car or radio as carry on.

I hate to ask this question but has anyone had bad experiences travelling by air to a race? Especially you frequent flyer/racer's. Have you guys had many/any issues at all?

Thanks again for all the input! I am really looking forward to the Nationals at the Fort. Should be a lot of fun there.

Regards
BM
Old 12-23-2016, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I had one race where my stuff didn't get in on the same plane that I did. Also sometimes zippers seem to get damaged. Nothing too terrible and nothing that has had an effect on my mediocre race program.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Awesome Henry!! See you there!

BM not sure which airline you flying but anytime I travel in the states I try to use Southwest, just because you get 2 check in bags FREE. Plus you get a decent carry on and personal item (backpack or hand held carry case).

Most avid travelers use the Contico brand plastic lockers. They are the cheapest and most reliable /durable way to travel. They are the exact size to ship or fly. You can fit your car, starter box, Nitro accessories and parts all in one box. Only down side they don't have handles and the ones with wheels don't last.

I used the ones without wheels for years. One with car and accessories, other with tools and items that can't be taken on carry on, etc. Max weight for each is 50lbs.

The carry on bag I pack the heavy items in as there is no weight limit just dimensions of bag. (mostly cloths and or plastic parts, charger or anything fragile) remember nothing liquid, pointy, sharp, or hazardous.

My radio I carry in a case in my hand.
So I have 2 check bags a carry on bag and my radio case.
My OCD makes me take everything super packed and organized so I'm a bit excessive.

I recently upgraded to Ogio roller bags, backpack and a hard shell travelers case. All with handles and wheels. But these are not cheap by any means.

OCd??? is that what that is? LMAO!