Trinity becomes sole importer of Nova Rossi engines

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

I agree 100% with you brotherman
And with that good night
Old 11-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

I think one way is to voice your opinion about the big company swallowing up the little guy, for proffit, but then again isnt that what capitalism is all about.
No that's not how capitalism works, and if that's what you honestly think, then ur grossly over simplifying it. Competition in capitilism is a "spirit" not a rule. It doesnt mean that you monopolize things. Thats not capitilism at all. Fair competition is capitalism. Monopolies and false advertising and selling crap products is anything but...
Old 11-17-2002, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

i feel awful now for using so much trinity products in the past! fortunately the novarossi deal won't effect me much as i'm moving back to electrics, but it is a shame that trinity is tightening their grip in this niche market. just to help a little my next set of batteries will be from integy or SMC.
Old 11-17-2002, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

This Hobby continues to amaze me!!!
Look at what we have talked about, and we ALL feel the same!!
Even though we have the same feelings and thoughts, this will be very tough. As much as I hate to say this, MONEY is the end of all things. We as racers will never be able to affect Trinity as much as we hope, I for one will not buy anything related to Trinity, strictly because he is stifiling the little guy, but we sure as hell can do our part!
I for one have no idea why he did what he did, he never mentioned anything about Nitro products during the Election. But, it all comes down to money.
I get my foam tires from Hong Kong, long before Ernie will ever see them, my engines come Sigma trading(RB) and so far, I run a GT-4 which is imported by Yokomo, and am lucky enough to make some of my own parts.
The big thing to remember here, is that MONEY buys top racers, and that alone sells product. He/Trinity, will always feed off the new comer, they are not as informed as the seasoned racer.
Keep the spirt guys!
For those who are going to the Toys for Tots race, we just might see you there, need to get my Daughter some seat time in her new 1/8th car!
Smitty
Old 11-17-2002, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

I'm pissed and that's why I just ordered a micro RS 4
Old 11-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Express your displeasure to the company itself. It is the only way you will ever be heard!!!!

Everyone noticed how much touring tires went up recently!!

All it really means is trinity has rights to the true novarossi engines. Just buy RB"S Nova Megas and Mugens

Last edited by Motorman; 11-17-2002 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

AHhhh,
The man is still alive!!!
How are you doing? Nice to see you are still floating around!
Smitty
Old 11-17-2002, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I couldn't agree more. I work at your LHS, but I put people in OS powered cars. I don't like the companies that either blow things out of prop, or don't back there products.
Hey Smitty, next time you cone to fantasy land bring the 1/8 along so I can oggle it. I am going to get one soon. Send me a pm when we can hook up. Ron
Old 11-18-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Wouldnt buying a Novarossi Engine from over-seas, i.e. Hong Kong effectivley bypass Trinity? I guess you wouldnt get the same support then.
Mugen/Novarossi engines are distributed by Mugen right? So therefore RB's and Mugens are safe...
Old 11-18-2002, 09:13 AM

How bad can this particular thing be? Novas in the past have gone through Paris, right? RBs go thru Sigma, OSs from Great Planes, and Horizon does Piccos, and half a dozen other Picco suppliers(Orion, OFNA, Collari). The one thing it should do is make Nova parts more widely available, plus the more engines there are to choose from the more availability and lower cost they will be. Past couple years there have been engine shortages at the peak of the season, maybe not this year! Great Planes(Futaba, OS, Kyosho) and Horizon play the same game, as do several others like Sigma, and RC Imports(ever try to get a Collari part?). It's just the RC business in general. Deal with it(order from HK, etc.)
Old 11-18-2002, 03:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Don't fret too much guys, he will only get engines with the Novarossi badge. You will still beable to get mugen engines made by novarossi, rb engines and novamega engines all produced at novarossi.
Old 11-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

One of the problems that I have with Trinity that I dont see other distributors doing is making it somehow seem that they had something to do with the design or manufacture of the product they are distributing. I mean any seasoned racer knows better than to think that Trinity designs, for example, Rossi engines, but alot of new comers will see the big TRINITY POWER logo (on their website) next to the Novarossi or Rossi logo and immediatley think that the reputation of Rossi or Novarossi can be tied to the reputation of Trinity products. Which is misleading and close to false advertising. They do state clearly that they are the "distributors" or "agents" or what have you, but they like to make some of the language blurry so they can make lasting impressions on people new to the hobby. That way consumers associate NovaRossi or Rossi, or whatever company with Trinity from then on. You dont see other distibutors like Great Planes or Sigma doing that. You dont see them trying to pawn off distribution rights in the U.S., to OS and RB engines, as some kind of design or manufacture partnership by using misleading language, blurring the lines, and using logos to imbue a false association with the company's they DISTRIBUTE. I wouldnt be so bothered by this one thing if I didnt see this underlying trend in Trinity's business and political practices in general.

i.e. ripping off the V1R then claiming that it was "born" in the USA. What a joke. Why not grow some cajones like Associated and actually design and manufacture a real car born in the USA???

Last edited by calimassive; 11-18-2002 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

OUCH,
I see blood here!
Nice shot!
Old 11-19-2002, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Because Trinity isnt a producer.Ernie is the Bill Gates of the RC world.They buy smaller companies to produce there parts.Look at there aluminum parts,they are made by someone else that he made a deal with.Now he has Nova motors.Smart man I just hope it comes back and bites him someday.I will be using RB,NovaMega or Mugen motors from now on.Its good that you can get Fast tires thru Mugen.
Has anyone noticed that Trinity is always in favor of foams instead of rubber? They do not make rubber tires!
Old 11-20-2002, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow! What a hit to the private area! I don't know what this means for everyone in the hobby but I don't think it will be in our favor, cost wise.

If you guys want Nova engines, seek the other monikers: REX and TOP. TOP is distributed by Paris Racing and REX by Mugen USA. I hate those purple heads anyway. Here's some trivia: Darker colors radiate heat better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.