R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Looking for a new GT car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/951345-looking-new-gt-car.html)

nosepick 07-07-2016 06:21 AM

Looking for a new GT car

So I've done my fair bit of research before starting the thread, but still can't decide which way to go.
I am looking for a new GT car, so far I have tested the Mugen and really like it but would like to avoid going Mugen and Serpent (I have my reasons). Money is not a factor and parts support is something I can deal with as I always take enough spare parts with me at the race, I'm looking for a race winning car. So besides these 2 brands what car would you race?

mcsquish 07-07-2016 07:37 AM

If it helps, it has been announced that X-ray is working on a GT, but I haven't seen a guesstimate on a release date. Since I have only run the Kyosho and one of the brands you want to avoid, (which I understand) I can't help more than that.

nitrodude 07-07-2016 07:53 AM

http://www.rctarget.com/IGT8-RED-Nitro-_p_1418.html

Have you considered the IGT8?

British Menace 07-07-2016 07:55 AM

I would either convert a buggy which ever one you like, including an Xray. Or wait for the new xray GT to be released ...... which could be a while.

Regards
BM

nosepick 07-07-2016 08:29 AM

Thanks for your suggestions guys, keep´em coming!!

Originally Posted by mcsquish (Post 14593439)
If it helps, it has been announced that X-ray is working on a GT, but I haven't seen a guesstimate on a release date. Since I have only run the Kyosho and one of the brands you want to avoid, (which I understand) I can't help more than that.

Ok will keep that in mind, unfortunately I need to have a car ready by the end of this month so the xray is also not an option...

Originally Posted by nitrodude (Post 14593461)

Yes I have considered the IGT8, it is in fact one of my first options so far. It looks like a modified Team C? would like to know who is the people behind this car and when it will be available.

Originally Posted by British Menace (Post 14593464)
I would either convert a buggy which ever one you like, including an Xray. Or wait for the new xray GT to be released ...... which could be a while.

Regards
BM

Yes I am considering this option too, but only if I can´t find a suitable car since it would be a lot of work.

tonylunatic 07-07-2016 10:57 AM

No matter what car you decide on, I can promise you will enjoy GT racing! Have FUN!!

golgi 07-07-2016 01:41 PM

I think you could pick any of the top cars and it will come down to your driving ability and tuning capabilities.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to stick with the Mugen (I have the MGT7 and am extremely impressed by it). It's priced well, extremely competitive right out of the box, and doesn't require any upgrades other than gear/shock oils to get it tuned well. And it's very cheap to maintain.

afm 07-07-2016 02:21 PM

you might want to check if the HB Gt is allready non the market

http://www.redrc.net/2016/01/hb-18th...nitro-gt-kit/…

Afm

bigjez 07-07-2016 02:51 PM

The HB rgt8 will be released in sept. per facebook reply. I currently have a igt8 have not raced it or driven it yet but in a week or so ill be running. there is a guy on here also that converted a sworkz evo 350II into a get using mugen towers and two speed tranny.

nosepick 07-08-2016 09:28 AM

Thanks guys, like I said converting a buggy to GT is my last option but I'll do it if I have no other choice. Is there any other brand we are missing here?

KR145 07-08-2016 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by nosepick (Post 14594706)
Thanks guys, like I said converting a buggy to GT is my last option but I'll do it if I have no other choice. Is there any other brand we are missing here?

Your not wanting either of the 2 best or most popular cars out ( for whatever reason ??), not wanting to do a conversion (don't blame ya there)....you say you are in to much of a hurry to wait for the new X-Ray or HB....I'm confused here...pick a car and go racing!!

For the record :
Serpent 3.0👍

T-Hawk 07-08-2016 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by KR145 (Post 14594911)
Your not wanting either of the 2 best or most popular cars out ( for whatever reason ??), not wanting to do a conversion (don't blame ya there)....you say you are in to much of a hurry to wait for the new X-Ray or HB....I'm confused here...pick a car and go racing!!

For the record :
Serpent 3.0👍

I agree with ya Kev. :weird::weird::sneaky::rolleyes::D:lol:

nosepick 07-08-2016 01:13 PM

I am currently racing an mgt7 and doing pretty well with it, won a couple of races and everything. I just don't get along with the local mugen/serpent rep and to be honest I don't like to run the same gear everybody is using at the track. Also our next national race is next month. But I agree the mugen car is pretty good no complaints there.
Does anybody running mugen tried the igt8?

miker2209 07-08-2016 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by nosepick (Post 14594987)
I am currently racing an mgt7 and doing pretty well with it, won a couple of races and everything. I just don't get along with the local mugen/serpent rep and to be honest I don't like to run the same gear everybody is using at the track. Also our next national race is next month. But I agree the mugen car is pretty good no complaints there.
Does anybody running mugen tried the igt8?

Where are you located?

nosepick 07-08-2016 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by miker2209 (Post 14595101)
Where are you located?

Outside US