Best Radio for Nitro CArs??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Radio for Nitro CArs??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think there is no diffrent bethin radio itīs the guy holding It me have 3pkīs soon with futaba 2.4g
Old 12-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Rookie

when i started off in R.C cars i went with the KO Advantage stick radio as i fly Nitro Helis and didnt want to move away from the stick radio a rather expensive decision as full featured stick radios are quite expensive... Cheers
Old 12-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

I bought my Sanwa Super EXZES from the UK and it was very reasonably priced ,and has all the features of the M8 radio.
I would have prefered a Futaba 3VC but they are pricey.
Have finally got Spektrumized and dont regret it although if I had waited a bit ,the Futaba 2.4 system would be the radio to get.
2.4 ghz is teh way of the future ,id recommend looking at these first before contemplating buying a radio.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I say get the 3PK its an all around great radio and they've been around forever, plus the system is very easy to navigate through,you can adjust the wheel positioning as well. Go with the crystals they are 100% reliable, these days pretty much everyone has spektrums so the chance of someone having the same frequency is very slim. Buy a high end radio regardless, because you get what you pay for and in this hobby you need good gear, you know that if you buy a cheaper system eventually you will upgrade anyway. just my .02
Old 12-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

I have the KO Helios with a spektrum system and i wasnt fond of it, kept having glitch problems.
now im using the JR Z1 , same case as the KO, but it has a synthesized module and receiver, im very happy with this radio, ive since installed the drop down wheel and it allows me to change the position making it more ergonomically friendly.