Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the best racing car ever!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 12:14 PM
Suspended

Default the best racing car ever!

im on the market for a new touring car. im looking for something built for racing, has lots of aftermarket parts available (US). no engine! right now, im leaning towards kyosho V one RR, team associated's NTC3, trinity reflex NT. feel free the add more cars to the list. the only thing thats holding me back from getting a V one RR is the lack of hop up support. and its not easy to acquire parts for it where i live. or can someone give me a good hobby shop close to my place, im at long beach, california about 15 minutes from crystal park raceway. NTC3 is nice coz it has lots and lots of parts available for it, but i think its not quite a good racing car. remember, i need ur honest opinions not coz u have one its good! thanks.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:39 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Probably best to wait a bit and look at the new MTX3 when it arrives.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Probably best to wait a bit and look at the new Serpent 705 when it arrives.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm pretty conviced there isn't a best. They're all so close it's best to decide on parts support or personal preferance.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

V1rr is an awesome car. Hop ups are readily avaliable. Kawahara, K factory, and Integy make a ton. As far as spare parts avaliablity, yeah the NTC3 beats it hands down in that department. But that's why you you can order things online. Not the same as being able to purchase direct from your LHS I know, but once u get to know the car u'll know what spares to buy beforehand. Furthermore, in Asia, V1rr and MTX-2 are the most popular cars, thus have alot of international support and of course the MTX-3 will most likely join that list, so you might want to check out the MTX-3 as well, but either way, the V1rr is a sick car. I've heard the Reflex is a good car too, but only cause its a knock off of the V1r.

Ultimatley I agree with Myst. I've been told over and over again by more experienced peeps than me that there is no such thing as the BEST car, and I'm inclined to agree. All the top cars are pretty dang good. It's a tough choice. I'd just get the car your most comfortable with owning and then worry most about learning that car's ins and outs and learning how to tune and drive your car. That's most important. I'm just starting to learn that stuff myself.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-08-2002 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:35 PM
Tech Rookie

from what i have seen is that it is alot better to support your local lhs i don't know how it is where you live but here in hawaii the lhs arn't struggeling but the support is greatly apreciated. as far as a car there really isn't a bes aas stated bove but with alot of the cars there will be specific thing that you will like and dislike alot. like for isnstance the ntc3 i beleive that you will either love it or hate it because it is so different from all the belt cars. i have a MTX 2 and havent reaced it yet but really like what i have heard form other and worling on it is pretty easy which is something that you should consider when buing a car.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

It's all good and dandy to support you're LHS, but sometimes all you're local lhs carries is one or two quality cars. My local hobby shop basically only supports the NTC3 and that's about it and everyone drives one here, so I think its ok to go outside the box every once in a while. No biggie. I have a V1RR and its not supported by my local lhs, but I've found online sources to be more than adequate. I dont think my lhs will miss one less NTC3 driver out of 200 or so. I personally found it nice to not follow the trend. To each his/her own though. The way I look at it, my local hobby shop should try to support me as well; its not just a one way street.

Last edited by calimassive; 11-08-2002 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

I got a Mugen Seiki MTX 2 they r very good car and strong and they also have lots of parts for it like my LHS carry mugen so its easy for me but wait to see the new MTX 3
Old 11-08-2002, 09:57 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

All cars have their strengths and weaknessses. It is best to support the LHS and local track. If you are purchasing your first race car it would be best to get the most popular car at your local track. If you are just street bashing, get the car that is supported locally with spare parts backup. There is nothing worse than waiting for parts when all you want is to enjoy your purchase.
If this is your very first car then I would suggest the VoneS as a good starting point, they don't break as much as any other sport car I have ever seen.
Above all this should be fun and having a car in the cupboard is not!
Old 11-08-2002, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

The truth about pro cars is that anyone of them can win a race. Sometimes you see people getting caught up in which will turn a lap consistently .01 of a second faster than the other. Chances are that won't matter. Now days, the main points are durability, parts availibility, adjustability and personal taste (lots a 'bility's ) Cost is also a determing point to some. Some things are more important to others. Calimassive put his personal tastes above anything. I put cost and parts above everything else when I chose an MTX2. sure its old, but its cheap.

Therefore, I will only give a list of cars I think could be considered a pro level kit worthy of your consideration:

Mugen MTX2
Mugen MTX3
Serpent Impulse pro
Serpent 705
Associated Nitro TC3
Kyosho VoneR
Kyosho VoneRR
Kyosho VoneS (it can still go fast even though its a 'sport' kit"
Trinity Reflex NT
Yokomo GTR4

I'm not going to tell you what you should get, but cars such as the Impulse pro and the MTX2 might be harder to justify as they are going away forever shortly. Also the VoneS might not be the best choice if you want the best b/c Kyosho obviously offers better kits.

I'm just trying to point out that performance is not the determining factor in everyone's purchase of a car because no one has found a car that everyone in the world would agree to be as the best car.
Old 11-09-2002, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

Nicely put, Im2Lazy...
Old 11-09-2002, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Why thank you, cali (insert a relatively heavy english accent).

Also I forgot to add the new GS Racing Vision to the list, it looks pretty good as well, but I never really seen one.

And another consideration for the racer who must race away from a Hobby shop, it would be beneficial to choose a popular car so that you could buy parts from someone else with the same car. for example, the Nitro TC3 is everywhere and my friends sometimes run into a spot of trouble ( run-in ) but they can find many replacement parts without having to make a fast-as-hell hobby shop run.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

All those nitro TCs are great cars. Pick one that your nearest LHS has the most parts.
Old 11-09-2002, 05:40 PM
Tech Rookie

check out the neo tnt pro w/pillow ball suspension.
www.ahc1931.com
Old 11-09-2002, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

I heard about that one around 2--2 1/2 years ago...Its sounds awesome, but it is a little old and it is unbelievably hard to find parts for. It was originally planned to come with a centax, but I don't know if it really does. Do you know?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.