2006 IFMAR 1/10th 200mm On Road World Championship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 IFMAR 1/10th 200mm On Road World Championship

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by BoCal
Francis is trying to say that you need to chill, and don't have a heart attack just because someone's opinion is different. . TomB called it as he saw it.
yes,TOM B saw it, did you?
Old 09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Most cars appeared to be getting slippery towards the end of the race. Probably because the sun was out and heating up the track which makes the England Park track more slippery. Tom B is right in his initial statement that it appeared that Tosolini had run out of rubber/foam although in fact his tyres had probably just 'gone off'
Was an excellent race though and a nail biter for all the aussies watching. Perhaps we may now see a few more pros come down under for some of our major events.
Can't wait for the electric nats in november at England Park
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98110

Cheers
Terry
Old 09-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mikemyers
Jaykay, those body-off pictures will probably be on SGrid Online (www.sgrid.com), and in RC Car Magazine. I need to get back to the USA, so I can get back to work on all this - am now in Singapore at the airport, on my way home. My goal is to provide a "what happened" report on SGrid Online, and prepare a full race report for RC Car, complete with lots of high-res photos.
Perfect, I hope you upload a lot of pictures to sgrid. RC Car Magazine is not available in Germany
Old 09-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Im Surprised not much has been said about Serpents Performance, or lack of it, at the worlds. It was certainly not from a lack of trying or support from serpent, but rather engineering and handling issues with the 720. Salven, Richard, and the rest of the guys were extremely helpful and supportive of all Serpent drivers, so full credit goes to them. The car did not do their driving abilities any justice.

A special mention goes to the young kid Kyle Branson (Team Serpent). Could barely see over the drivers stand, and at such a young age, was on the pace and drove with awesome maturity. Future world champion material.

p.s. Im aware that Tanaka drives Serpent and made the A final.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
tosolini's car had more than enough tread on them. i even went and looked at his car when he was cleaning it after the race. he was using 55 shore tyres. he used these to prevent a tyre change and to stop traction rolling.

It was definately a radio problem
55 shore? Are you sure? I haven't even seen this shore in the shops when I was buying tires. Is that what Chris told you, that he was using 55 shore to prevent traction rolling? If yes, can someone pls explain me, how you can avoid traction rolling with a way too hard tire compound? Doesn't sound logical to me, it feels like if the car has too hard tires, it should have a bigger tendancy to traction roll. Or am I thinking wrong?
Old 09-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Apparently, alot of the drivers were using 45+ shore tires because of the high traction. I was also told that some of the GRP guys were running 45 or 50 shore tires.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aaalp
55 shore? Are you sure? I haven't even seen this shore in the shops when I was buying tires. Is that what Chris told you, that he was using 55 shore to prevent traction rolling? If yes, can someone pls explain me, how you can avoid traction rolling with a way too hard tire compound? Doesn't sound logical to me, it feels like if the car has too hard tires, it should have a bigger tendancy to traction roll. Or am I thinking wrong?
yes they were the kyosho red box 55 shore tyres. i don't know if they are avalable in shops or they could have been specially made just for the kyosho team. i was told this by one of the kyosho team drivers.

softer tyres tend to traction roll more because they get too much side bite when cornring and tend to dig in and hence flip the car over.
harder tyres tend to slip a bit more when cornering instead of digging in.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:48 AM
TPR
Tech Rookie

Default 55's

Harder tyres will wear less than softer ones.
In high traction you can run small diameter tyres with less change in 60 mins than softer ones.
Large diameter soft tyres would increase the center of gavity and in the early stages of the race risk traction roll.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rody
Im Surprised not much has been said about Serpents Performance, or lack of it, at the worlds. It was certainly not from a lack of trying or support from serpent, but rather engineering and handling issues with the 720. Salven, Richard, and the rest of the guys were extremely helpful and supportive of all Serpent drivers, so full credit goes to them. The car did not do their driving abilities any justice.

A special mention goes to the young kid Kyle Branson (Team Serpent). Could barely see over the drivers stand, and at such a young age, was on the pace and drove with awesome maturity. Future world champion material.

p.s. Im aware that Tanaka drives Serpent and made the A final.
the car placed 2nd at the European Championship and i think Salven won in the Danish or French Championship using the Serpent 720 but dont know what happened to the worlds i think only the serpent drivers that participated in the Worlds can explain what really happened
Old 09-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TPR
In high traction you can run small diameter tyres with less change in 60 mins than softer ones.
Large diameter soft tyres would increase the center of gavity and in the early stages of the race risk traction roll.
Smaller diameter tires will wear faster than the larger ones.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by redsand
Smaller diameter tires will wear faster than the larger ones.
no,
Old 09-19-2006, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TPR
Old 09-19-2006, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtez
Most cars appeared to be getting slippery towards the end of the race. Probably because the sun was out and heating up the track which makes the England Park track more slippery. Tom B is right in his initial statement that it appeared that Tosolini had run out of rubber/foam although in fact his tyres had probably just 'gone off'
Was an excellent race though and a nail biter for all the aussies watching. Perhaps we may now see a few more pros come down under for some of our major events.
Can't wait for the electric nats in november at England Park
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98110

Cheers
Terry
BigTez was there... thought there would be too much noise and fumes for you

Was a great race, was a shame Dario didn't have a better run for Team Magic

BB
Old 09-19-2006, 03:55 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
no,
Yes they do wally.

smaller tyres need to rotate faster to give the car the same speed into a corner.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Does anybody know what car Surikarn was running at the worlds, or have any pics of his car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.