Community
Wiki Posts
Search

car pic thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcabj
sorry i made a mistake, it was a titan blitz mazda 6 / and still haven't got time to paint it...

anyway , a bit off topic...how does this bodyshell handles...i find it a bit longer compared to my protoform mazda6....

I havent tried the mazda 6 yet. Its been raining a bit over here at the moment but the mazda 3 is very similar to the stratus 3.1
Old 02-09-2006, 12:58 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sstupid
Not much to look at. I purchased this Serpent 705 for 100 bucks, complete with radio, servos, gallon of nitro, a starter-box, and a quick-charger for the battery pack, about two weeks ago. The sstupid thing is that I knew nothing about nitro-RC cars. I brought it home, charged the battery pack, charged the starter-box, read how to start it on the internet, then went out and ran it up and down the street, only to blow the motor up. Running lean? The sleeve looks OK. It needs a new conn-rod, new piston and a new clutch. All is on order. Here's a pic of it w/ body. It's not much to look at without the body. Give me time.

What engine is that? The sleeve looks aluminum. Is it really silver and not gold-ish?

If the rod didn't hurt the piston or sleeve you could just replace the rod.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jag
What engine is that? The sleeve looks aluminum. Is it really silver and not gold-ish?

If the rod didn't hurt the piston or sleeve you could just replace the rod.
Yup, it's silver. It was a ported/polished EB-Mods Sirio engine. Unfortunately, the piston was damaged. I was told, on here, that the piston and sleeve are matched, so the motor became useless. I have replaced it with another Sirio engine. I've been told about tuning issues with Sirios, but I haven't had any problems, and it runs strong.

Here's a pic from today, after finding a place where I could run full out. I ran it for a couple of hours, since it's the first time I was able to really open it up. I can't believe how dirty these cars get. I spend more time cleaning and re-greasing the car than I do running it.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

it must be really dusty where you run.....
better stock up on the air filters....lol
Old 02-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Red face

Originally Posted by onnetz
it must be really dusty where you run.....
better stock up on the air filters....lol
Almost look like that car has been offroading.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Smile

Yup, it's silver. It was a ported/polished EB-Mods Sirio engine. Unfortunately, the piston was damaged. I was told, on here, that the piston and sleeve are matched, so the motor became useless. I have replaced it with another Sirio engine. I've been told about tuning issues with Sirios, but I haven't had any problems, and it runs strong.

Here's a pic from today, after finding a place where I could run full out. I ran it for a couple of hours, since it's the first time I was able to really open it up. I can't believe how dirty these cars get. I spend more time cleaning and re-greasing the car than I do running it.

You don't have a local track to take your car? I wont even run my car on street only at a track it is much easier on your car.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Holy mother of God!!! Where did that come from? heheehehe
Old 02-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

dam dam dam..... looks dusty... hehehe
Old 02-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
You don't have a local track to take your car? I wont even run my car on street only at a track it is much easier on your car.

Nope, no local track. Like every town has a nitro-R/C track.

Most of it seems to be black powder from the tires, but it was a little dirty there. I'm not too concerned about it being hard on the car. I bought this car cheaply to use on the steep/expensive part of the learning curve. Once I start feeling comfortable with the setup and driving, I will move on to a nicer car that I can run at a real track. I think there's one a couple of hours from where I live.
I cleaned it, since it's raining today:

Old 02-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Nope, no local track. Like every town has a nitro-R/C track.

Most of it seems to be black powder from the tires, but it was a little dirty there. I'm not too concerned about it being hard on the car. I bought this car cheaply to use on the steep/expensive part of the learning curve. Once I start feeling comfortable with the setup and driving, I will move on to a nicer car that I can run at a real track. I think there's one a couple of hours from where I live.
I cleaned it, since it's raining today:

Big difference like night & day, nice body is that a lotus? what state are you in?
Old 02-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default New Body

MTX-3 Picco 12 Mazda 6 bod Inked by me
Attached Thumbnails car pic thread-mugen-mtx-3-resized.jpg  
Old 02-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Big difference like night & day, nice body is that a lotus? what state are you in?
Yeah, that took about 2 hours of disassembly and re-greasing, but it was raining, so I had nothing else to do.

It's a lambo-body. When I bought the car, it came with 10 different bodies. I'm don't have enough skill, yet, to make the time investment in painting my own body. I've already scuffed two bodies pretty good on rough pavement.

I'm in a small town near Austin, TX. I'm beginning to think I should get an off-road truck, but I like how fast these on-road cars are.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Ok,

I decided I will keep the same color scheme on all my vehicles. Got a little more adventurous on my second multi-color paint job. This is my V-One RRR

Let me know what you think. (Good or Bad)

I am sure for my third vehicle I will get better.
I really like your paint scheme. There's something about it that's just cool as hell.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

it's very hard not to love onroad cars
Old 02-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
it's very hard not to love onroad cars
i aGREE..... its like same thing with as it's very hard not to love chix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.