Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman2
Team magic fans TM has released some initial information on their new upcomming 1/8th buggy. This new buggy will be like none other.if you look carefully at the picture it appears the engine is centrally located. It has a modular radio tray that quick releases from the chassis for easy car cleaning and all the radio gear is encased in a central tunnel in the radio tray.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...26173305-75783

that is really some design, I hope the buggy can accomodate pull start engine, which is a must for basher like me
and hopefully it is not rediculously expansive
real price below USD450 is prefered

Last edited by Car Breaker; 05-26-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Brake disc

Is there a perfomance difference between the stock G4s brake disk and the K-Factory K1443 light weight brake disk? Visually I only see the 5 "slots" that appear to be machined in the K-Factory unit.

I've installed the K1498 pads and see the disk pictured in the instructions, but no requirement to use it is listed. Do I need this to work with the new pads?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Hello
You dont need the KF Brake disk to use the pads but it works better with the disk!!!!
The KF Brake Disk with the pads is the best way to stop the car very fast and the Disk are very cool and not heating.
Marc
Old 05-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

can anyone give me a realistic price of this car? im very interested, im in between choosing the 710 or V one RRR, where does this car stand in pricing? also can anyone provide a hobby shop or online hobby shop that sells the car? thank you
Old 05-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by badKarma
can anyone give me a realistic price of this car? im very interested, im in between choosing the 710 or V one RRR, where does this car stand in pricing? also can anyone provide a hobby shop or online hobby shop that sells the car? thank you
G4S price range from 360+shipping to 420+shipping. the best place of getting the kit is racedayhobbies.com they have special now. G4S is the best bang of bucks out there. no one beat their Price vs. Value vs. Performance. (trust me, I had 710 before. and the price I get it is much lower then now, USD340 from LHS)

http://www.racedayhobbies.com/specials.html USD350+shipping even better then the deal i got

any place else are higher in price. I order mine from them. fast shipping and great price. best place for G4S deal

PS: No one pay me for recommanding anyone to racedayhobbies. I just tell my experience with them
Old 05-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wad
Good job guys !!
How are you guys doing?
Hi Walter, has been too long!!

Jose Luis Hidalgo (at my left in the pic) and myself ended up getting a sponsorship from Cesar Ayala (Mexico´s distributor for Team Magic).

He gave us the wonderful Team Magic chassis and JP FX engines.

We got great advice from Dennis Richie and ended up with an incredibly easy to drive car!!

The rest you can tell!!

The new chassis upgrades really rock!!
Old 05-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

BTW, for so long I seen all other parts of G4S come out, but where is the chassis, I want to know who sell it and has it in stock, just incase my miracalous crushing ability kick-in again

damn 3racing don't make new 4mm chassis for G4S.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Dennis and Nick!!

I can't wait to see the 1/8 buggy!!!

Please hurry with any updates!!

Old 05-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jose
were like you. Don't know much yet, know its comming soon. congrats to you and the guys down Mexico way. Dealers have begun placing preorders for it already sight unseen. I expect it to be pretty awsome though given the line of 777 option parts they came out with recently. TM has had this whole next level attitude going on recently.

So the discussion about setup was usefull?

Car breaker. TM is going high end, I expect the car to be up there but we shall see. Its going to be full on race buggy to take on the likes of kyosho, not a rebadged Swift. (jeeze those things are everywhere)
Old 05-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Car Breaker,

I would be very impressed if you can bend the chassis , it gains its strength with the radioplate and its new mounting positions, so you dont need a 4mm chassis........

if you had a 4mm chassis though you could be a tank and crush the opposition with your superior strength
Old 05-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by badKarma
I think what you really need to look at is the value for money factor.
The G4S is cheaper than most other top level cars, it doesn't need any option parts to make a top level car as the parts are already included.

I had someone tag me at over 40mph which sent me into the fence, I snapped a rear lower suspension arm, bent the suspension pin and snapped the upper threaded suspension arm rod (had to go looking for the drive shaft some 30feet from the accident impact point), but the good news is that there was NO other damage (apart fron the shell), so strength is in the car.

Then there is Darren (Muppet Racing) who although not always getting FTD his lap times are consistent and he has won all 3 round of the Touring Championship, so performance is there.

Then we have at my club the drivers switching from other makes to the G4S, I am from many years at Kyosho (V1R, RR, RRR & FW05R, RR) and many others from Mugen, which now leaves the G4 range as the most popular car at my club.

So simple really: The G4S works, so why look at other cars?
Old 05-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Good job NiMo. You need to be on the TEAM MAGIC infomercial

TEAM MAGIC 4 LIFE
Old 05-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up GOOD JOB

That means you need to slow down alittle bud dont show the guys all the weapons secrets
Old 05-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Had a awesome time today racing at our local club.
My first club meet with new G4s and new Profi PR12 engine.
Car improved as the day went on until a cowboy tboned me in heat3.
In 1st heat I got my fastest lap .7 faster than my personal best ,2nd heat was better by .4 seconds.By the way I won all my heats.
3rd heat I got tangled with the no2 car and had a guy tbone me ,damaged my pipe and I got a stop and go penalty but I still managed to take the win.
For final I changed the pipe to a Kfactory missile pipe which was flat compared to the AxeMotorRossi 2608 pipe.
Qualified 7th in amain my highest as I usually am in B/C mains.
In main I flamed out twice and killed a plug after that I was running ok ,needed more bottom end punch ,managed to finished 5th.
After a good day racing I am over the moon with car ,a few tweeks and all will be good.
I have 5 weeks till the nationals ,so practice makes perfect.

Thanks again to all the guys who are posting and helping us find our groove.
This forum and 3Hobby has really helped motivate me to buy the G4s and to recommend it as no1 choice for racers.

Have to say ,the car is so smooth to drive !!
Hats off to TM on a fantastic car that performs out of the box.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Motorman
Car breaker. TM is going high end, I expect the car to be up there but we shall see. Its going to be full on race buggy to take on the likes of kyosho, not a rebadged Swift. (jeeze those things are everywhere)

High end doesn't mean high price, some 1/8 scale sell it in VERY HIGH price simply because they want to make money to feed the huge team driver population. there isn't much material sauperiority of 700USD buggy to 450USD one.

the best strategy of selling is by increase market share. more people playing mean more people buying parts and hobby shop will carry more of it. it is the parts that make money not the car itself. of course, fragility is not tollerented.

400~450 is about right price. just leave the "C+A" idea for options

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.