Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BimmerDriver
I believe Sam at Raceday Hobbies said he is selling the G4 to G4s upgrade for $180.
Yeah, thats one of the sites that I went but I didn't see the Upgrade on the site or on their ebay listing.

I'll send them an email to see if I can get a price.

Originally Posted by BimmerDriver
That does not include the UFO Clutch..
I'm not worried about the UFO clutch, the clutch from my Mongoose seems just fine to me. I'm more interested in the newly positioned (and included ) battery pack and the overall improved weight distribution that the Upgrade would provide.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Just in case you didn't know Dario Balestri is now running for TM in Italy. His mechanic is Columbini. He finished 2nd at the italian championships last week one lap behind Torini. He ran the fastest lap in the main. He probably would have won had he not had a 40 second off track excursion. Congrats Dario. I have been told Dario will be at the worlds. Torini ran a RRR. This was a fast company race and Dario put away some pretty heavy hitters.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Darksied I can't give you a price but if you call any of them they can give you one. Use the phone
Old 05-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Motorman2
Darksied I can't give you a price but if you call any of them they can give you one. Use the phone
The phone??? But thats so 'old way' of communicating.

I guess I can give that Raceday hobbies a call.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I guess I can give that Raceday hobbies a call.
Gave them a call and was asked to send an email!

So I guess I'll just wait for my original email to be returned.

Last edited by Darkseid; 05-17-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by muppet racing
quick update,

we had our latest round at Brooklands, and G4S won again as well as taking TQ by 6 seconds from Mark Green in 2nd.
2 G4S in the A final, with Roki Read in there too.

the car was amazing, as were my engines too (nova rossi plus 12-3) so another great result, i will post set up sheet on www.3hobby.net soon........

Darren.
Hi there!!....congratulations for your excellent race.
One question.....what is the effect runing with 20T, rear side pulley? overdrive too??

Tnxs!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default oh

Originally Posted by Motorman2
Just in case you didn't know Dario Balestri is now running for TM in Italy. His mechanic is Columbini. He finished 2nd at the italian championships last week one lap behind Torini. He ran the fastest lap in the main. He probably would have won had he not had a 40 second off track excursion. Congrats Dario. I have been told Dario will be at the worlds. Torini ran a RRR. This was a fast company race and Dario put away some pretty heavy hitters.
car is lookin good
Old 05-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi mfavela,

The 20T just changes the internal ratio, to make the gearing longer.
The Brookland track has a very long straight, with an almost flat out corner onto it, so the idea was to gear as long as we could, so when the tyres wore down we still had plenty of gearing.

The motors i ran would pull any gearing, and i find that although revs sound nice, i prefer a long geared car, for a start it makes it easier to drive and quicker for me(we dont have sprayed tracks) and there is a limit that we can go down to in first (limit is traction) no point in spinning wheels !

Overdrive, is just so can run smaller front tyres, to be honest i have never tried same size all round, so i cant compare the two, maybe i should !

Hope this helps.

Motorman, thats great news about Dario, do you know if he is going to the euros ?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi mfavela,

The 20T just changes the internal ratio, to make the gearing longer.
The Brookland track has a very long straight, with an almost flat out corner onto it, so the idea was to gear as long as we could, so when the tyres wore down we still had plenty of gearing.

The motors i ran would pull any gearing, and i find that although revs sound nice, i prefer a long geared car, for a start it makes it easier to drive and quicker for me(we dont have sprayed tracks) and there is a limit that we can go down to in first (limit is traction) no point in spinning wheels !

Overdrive, is just so can run smaller front tyres, to be honest i have never tried same size all round, so i cant compare the two, maybe i should !

Hope this helps.

Motorman, thats great news about Dario, do you know if he is going to the euros ?
thats what i found with my g4 running an x12, with the 20t is that the high gear kit with larger break disk pulley and belts like the kit that was available for the kyosho rr?
Old 05-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Finally found it! After some additional searching through Raceday's ebay store, I found the upgrade.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Finally found it! After some additional searching through Raceday's ebay store, I found the upgrade.
$180, is that us dollars?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itchy b
$180, is that us dollars?
Raceday is in AZ USA, of course USD
you wish it is Yan?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Z00M
And he should take me as his pit man!
And me as his camera and video-man.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_alan
Sorry for the last reply...
No worries ...

Just got back in from PHX... I didn't mention it in my last post... Trying to keep this tread G4S as much as possible, but it's the RRR...
Oh right, we don't want to get flamed in here.

Getting ready for a new addition to the family so I've had to curtail alot racing lately... You do a great job over on 3hobby.net!!! Keep up the good work...

RC_Alan
Congratulations! More RC budget cuts then. But make sure the baby is born with a Tx in its hands ... might be world champ one day!

Thanks on the comments for 3hobby.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
No worries ...

Oh right, we don't want to get flamed in here.

Congratulations! More RC budget cuts then. But make sure the baby is born with a Tx in its hands ... might be world champ one day!

Thanks on the comments for 3hobby.
If you have read my last 3-5 posts here... You'll see that happen... From folks you wouldn't think would do so... As it turns out... I was right all along... Or at least the rest of the G4S world is running what I posted when I posted it... Anyways... Thanks again and I'll see over on 3hobby... Oh you bet He'll have a tx in his hands... From day 1..

RC_Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.