Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman
ogre don't you ever sleep yea look who's talking huh 1:33 AM
O.o, don't you know that late-night is the perfect moment for Ogre to devour living flesh while they are asleep?

Well, seriously, my head/mind is just too tired to have some good rest lately, college is giving me so much headache, and money problems, and some family craps, and worrying getting a job..........I guess i'm going thru one of those downfalls during a man's life........... Sometimes reading/working on RC stuff kind of helps my mind to stay off a bit from those "silly" thoughts.....thats probably y it seems like I'm on 24/7

Anyways, sorry to invade the boards with my BS, but I do hope the G4S will make its name larger on the scene with all of you guys' hard work. Good luck~

Last edited by ogreasurada; 03-23-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Car breaker i'm not putting you under the bus bro. I think the post you made is great. I always appreciate your contributions and enthuasiasm (sic)

You got it covered just fine
thank you,

Originally Posted by SFelish
Car breaker , You are an owner of a G4S.... so all you need to know is how fast are you going to go!!! Wow bit of a rapper rhyme there... eh guys... I see a whole new career path!!!!
I wish I could know how fast my G4S could go , but my spektrum failed and send back for retune . I don't even have my engine tuned right

btw, I think I lost the screw cap of hte anthana mount, do you have the replacement for sell ? Also I probably will need to order some clutchweight and harder spring, the stocker is too saft for my 18tz even without tuning to the max
Old 03-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sfelish
You, I believe, are a bit premature in those questions. Comparing cars that have been out for sometime now to a car that is just getting in the hands of drivers.

I think the comparisons are a good idea, but comparative data at this time is not possible.

With that said, I think you will be very surprised during the course of this years racing events. The G4S is for real!

Sam
i know it was unfair of me to ask that question since the car really hasnt had much track time.
i got a g4 evo (basically i had a stock g4 and upgraded it to beyond evo) and it has had some good running but i was just wondering how much better the g4s really is???
thats why i wanted to compare it to the likes of a rrr because any car that can keep up with that level of competition must be one fine piece of machinery!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

in regards to the drag brake issue, is there suppossed to be a little bit of drag when the carb is fully closed? I know ealier post spoke of this issue, but I'm still confused. I want my car to be as free as possible off throttle, but there appears to be a slight drag (barely noticeable but there). When I adjust the brake to free it up, then it reduces my braking power. I'm currently using airtronics servo 94357 on my throttle so I have enough power. I do a lot of rolling around tight corners so it's important to be drag(queen) free.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
has anyone owned the kyosho rrr or mugen mtx4 and can compare the handling to the g4s ???
has anyone done faster laptimes with the g4s than their previous cars and if so what cars were they ???
im just trying to get peoples experiences and to try and compare the 3 cars.
thanx
RRR- I set a 21.307 time during the hot summer, this being a week after a major National where nearly every one who race (IC & EP) set personal best race times, the car had to be driven on power all the time, come off the power around a bend and it would swap ends faster than you can blink, good car but very tiring to drive on the limit, and that is in the 5 minute qualifyer.
FW05- Been my car for more than 2 years (apart from brief RRR spell), good stable car with plenty rear end grip but it was never happy on Foams and trying to run it with a Mazda shell gave it unpredictable handling characteristics so I always ran it with the MG ZS shell, best time set late last year was a 21.309.
G4S- first meeting out where the track was still green I set a 21.314, last meeting I set a 21.313 after losing 8s from an off, unfortunately that off damaged the pipe that affected the motor, I didn't notice the damage until in the main final I notice smoke from under the car.
G4S is also very solid on the road, going on/off power around a corner is no worries, even odd sized wheels is not a real problem, it has the solid rear end feel of the FW05 but with much more power on steering that lets you put the power down much much earlier (even in the corner)

So compare the high grip time 21.307 of the RRR to the green 21.313 of the G4S, and the fact that the G4S is still fun to drive after a 30 minute main, also a notible Mugen MTX3 from my club opted to go for the G4s over the MTX4, well I think I answered your post.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Dennis can you tell me if my speculations are correct about the sts d3r engines. It seems as if they are very simular to the rd logics r3 engines that you did last year. Is this a correct assumption or am I totally off base on this one.
thanks,
suradet
Old 03-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

yes they were manufactured by sts parts will interchange. It was a short lived project because sts would not build them to the specs I asked for.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

thanks Dennis. Maybe they did end up building one with your specified specs. Their new model is the d12x team edition. Have you looked at one of those? It seems to have a bit more top end than the d3r mod. I wish that you were still modding for the public, but I know how bogged down you were when active. Great to see your actually out racing. Good luck with team magic.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default Blanks956 brake issue

The brakes on the G4S are sensitive to adjustment. Make sure that they are completely off when the car is sitting there with brake servo on in the neutral position. Adjust the brake lever so that it has the correct brake throw for full on. Now start very gradually turning down the screws that adjust the brake shoe clearance. I mean with only 1/8th of a turn at a time until you reach the engagement you are looking for. Also make sure that the brake pins on the brake pulley are straight, and that the disc moves freely on the pins. Another thing to check is that the brake shoes are sanded flat, and that they are also parallel in there mounted position. Hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

I can tell you that the ceramic bearing set from Acer is worth every nickle. for 89.00 you get every bearing for the car. order the magicG4 set. It fits all g4's. It really frees up the car. Also I recommend the K1498 brake pad set with the return springs for the brakes and the ventilated disc. 0 fade and no drag. If you want to modify your stock brake pad set cut 2 large pen springs about 5 mm long and put them between the brake pads on the screws.

I don't use drag brake unless I have to. It uses up the reciever battery pack to fast and tends to overheat the brake pads, especially the stock ones. Also if your using drag brake it tends to burn out digital servos quite a bit.

http://www.goemerchant1.com/index.cg...umber=kitscerm
Old 03-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Sook.
The business keeps me so busy now that doing engine work fell by the wayside. I also have an RC project going on for the U.S. Govt now. As if I didn't have enough to do LOL. Wish I could tell you about that but I cant suffice to say if it works out maybe I can help save a few soldiers lives. Don't know if its going to work out or not but I'm taking a shot at it for them.

That whole STS thing still really cheezes me off so I'd rather not talk about that either. It took alot of personal restraint not to go off about what occured. So I bite my tongue and put one of these on my face

An almost duplicate situation occured with the Techwell engine only I was smart enough not to tell them everything they needed to know.

If I ever do another engine deal it will be completly made here in a shop of my own that way I know exactly what the finished product will be in terms of quality and design. Maybe a few years down the road.

Take care
Old 03-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Sook.
The business keeps me so busy now that doing engine work fell by the wayside. I also have an RC project going on for the U.S. Govt now. As if I didn't have enough to do LOL. Wish I could tell you about that but I cant suffice to say if it works out maybe I can help save a few soldiers lives. Don't know if its going to work out or not but I'm taking a shot at it for them.

That whole STS thing still really cheezes me off so I'd rather not talk about that either. It took alot of personal restraint not to go off about what occured. So I bite my tongue and put one of these on my face

An almost duplicate situation occured with the Techwell engine only I was smart enough not to tell them everything they needed to know.

If I ever do another engine deal it will be completly made here in a shop of my own that way I know exactly what the finished product will be in terms of quality and design. Maybe a few years down the road.

Take care
RC project with Govt I wish we have that in my place
wish you luck with your bussiness and hopefully we can see Richie engine again and side by side with big brand
Old 03-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

thanx again motorman-i figured that out 1hr before the main and after I read this post ( 1/8th turn on disc pad screws after finding the ball park figure on the brake assembly). Also, I've been strongly considering the cermic bearings because I know how important fractions of a second are in lap times. I'm sad though, because I watched an A-main expert class, which had like 8 mugen cars, 1 ofna car, 1 kyosho car, and no G4. A few of the drivers were once G4 drivers, but for various reasons they switched to either Mugen or Kyosho. For one guy (Like myself) I know the loyalty was there for the G4, as I know he is a top notch driver (walter diaz), but after a while of driving both the G4 and the Kyosho rrr, he finally went with kyosho. I'm too in love with my G4 to stop racing it but I purchased a new MTX-4. I love the technicallity of the hobby so I while compare and contrast, and post the relative differences later. (It's funny but out of all of those cars, the ofna won, which was driven by jeffery Lin).
Old 03-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

There have been few G4 cars out west actually being raced. G4's are very popular back east, back here its just the opposite people swapping RRR's for G4S's. Walter went to kyosho because they offered him a full ride. This was before the G4s came out. You have to remember that california is Mugen country just like florida is Serpent country. Sheer numbers of cars do make a difference. So you went to Rev and there was all Mugens in the main. We went to the winternats and it was almost all Serpents in the main.
what it really gets down to is the Man, the Motor, the Car in that order and having your stuff together.

Yea jeffrey won so what does that mean about the Mugen its inferior to the ofna car.(what I'm trying to say here is if you have the skills your good to go, buying the latest and greatest won't get you into the show) Jeffrey didn't make the A in florida. So what does that mean nothing.

Oh by the way, Way to kick some azz Jeff.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

I want you to go here and look at the 2005 midwestseries 200 MM results. It is 6 races at six different tracks with 2 throwouts. I also want you to look down the list at the names on that list. Look at the best of 4 points spread. It is 9 points, this race series is run at some of the premire tracks in the US.
1st was an R40
2nd was an MTX3
3rd was an RRR
4th was a Serpent
5th was a G4 Evo

so what does that say. That says buying the latest and greatest might help you but it wont buy you into the show. Only hard work will.

Look down that list you will find a name Howard Cho. The guy shows up with a G4 at the toledo race and waxes everyone liike a candle. Why? because that weekend Howard had his stuff together better than everyone else.

http://www.midwestseries.com/mws-200...00mmpoints.htm

Now go look at toledo's club point series. You see the guys name at the top Ray Juhl. He ran a G4 Evo all last year. I am sure if you look down the list you will recognize some names. Was his car that superior? no he had his stuff together better week in and week out.

http://www.oneeighthracers.com/html/raceresults.htm
Click season points standings and 200 MM

Ok I'll climb off the soapbox now.

Last edited by Motorman; 03-26-2006 at 09:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.