Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by British Menace
Boy.............you wait till you get that beast running.
Oooooooh are you in for a treat !!!
I got around 5 tanks through mine now and you can already feel the low down power. Nice crackly sound at idle.

I think we got ourselves a real powerplant!!

Menace

Hey menace how much pinch did yours have brand new mines not bad but can turn over by hand is that ok cause i have not put any petrol through it yet.and what collet did ya use.was it the one from g4s kit or idm motor
Icant wait to get this baby purring!!!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shano
GOT MY IDM MOTOR TODAY THANKS TO SAM AT RACEDAY HOBBIES.
I am thrilled with it already such an awsome looking powerplant
Was it the EVO 3 as per your signature or 2?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Hey menace how much pinch did yours have brand new mines not bad but can turn over by hand is that ok cause i have not put any petrol through it yet.and what collet did ya use.was it the one from g4s kit or idm motor
Icant wait to get this baby purring!!!!!
Mine had a prity reasonable pinch but yes you can still turn her over by hand. Don't worry, thats good. It's only really the Nova Rossi which have a real severe pinch on them.

I don't know weather you strip and clean your motors before you run them but I would give it a clean out before you do run her. Oil her up a little too after cleaning.

Collet wise. I had Sam send me a Picco collet and I put that one on. The one in the kit is for a Nova if memory serves. I wouldn't use the one thats on the motor as they tend to come too long for the UFO clutch. You'll have to grind down the length if you want to use that one. Or get a Picco one from Sam like I did.

Looks wicked doesn't it?

What pipe you running with it?
I got the VR12-plus on. Or the 2601 NR I may try. Until I get the IDM Piece.

All the best.

Menace
Old 05-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Champion

Hi guys...... I just bought two F8 bags. It's big boxes !! the size overwhelm my SUV trunk capacity. Now, I scratch my head how to put them together with two extra big plano.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Mine had a prity reasonable pinch but yes you can still turn her over by hand. Don't worry, thats good. It's only really the Nova Rossi which have a real severe pinch on them.

I don't know weather you strip and clean your motors before you run them but I would give it a clean out before you do run her. Oil her up a little too after cleaning.

Collet wise. I had Sam send me a Picco collet and I put that one on. The one in the kit is for a Nova if memory serves. I wouldn't use the one thats on the motor as they tend to come too long for the UFO clutch. You'll have to grind down the length if you want to use that one. Or get a Picco one from Sam like I did.

Looks wicked doesn't it?

What pipe you running with it?
I got the VR12-plus on. Or the 2601 NR I may try. Until I get the IDM Piece.

All the best.

Menace

Hey manace,I got a Picco one with the motor fits nicely.What would ya recommend cleaning the motor with.Im running my 2630 pipe atm
Old 05-14-2007, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

asw why did u go with the F8 bags ,the F10 bags are ideal for the 1/10 cars.
Well at least mine is
Only guys that buy F8 bags from me have been the electric 1/10 guys who put 2 chassis in a F8 draw.
Either way though they are awesome bags.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Well at least mine is
Only guys that buy F8 bags from me have been the electric 1/10 guys who put 2 chassis in a F8 draw.

Oh yes. Great bags. I think from what you've said I may just get an F10 to back up my F8. The car does "slosh" around inside the big draw of the F8
Old 05-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Hey manace,I got a Picco one with the motor fits nicely.What would ya recommend cleaning the motor with.Im running my 2630 pipe atm
Hey thats cool that the collet which came with the motor fits........nead to make a mental note of that.
Not trying to tell you what to do or anything but, make sure after you lock the flywheel nut down that the collet isn't flush or protruding from the flywheel. I know I've thought the collet on a couple of motors before, have been ok, only to find when you lock the nut down securely, the flywheel wasn't fully tight and it came loose in a race!!. The nut just tightened onto the collet.

On cleaning the motor................... if your going to strip it down and your able to wash dry the parts. Then Normal dish soap is fine. Remember to oil up the parts once you've dried them, before re-assembly.
If your only going to partly disassemble the motor. Then I would use the nitro cleaner from your LHS. Or the electric motor cleaner also works. Make sure you try and get all the debris "swilled" out.
I would recommend the strip-down method though!
Remember to coat everything in after-run oil after. And leave the piston at BDC.

All the best. You wont be dissopointed in this baby. WOW

This may be the best motor I've ever ran..............and I haven't got it to race tune yet?!

Menace
Old 05-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Shot Front Bulkhead System mod

it is not mine G4S.

another Korean G4S user modified his bulk bracket for hard hardness
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-dsc04462.jpg   Team Magic G4-dsc04465.jpg  
Old 05-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Nice........looks very strong but a little heavy?

Menace
Old 05-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gansei
it is not mine G4S.

another Korean G4S user modified his bulk bracket for hard hardness
Good lord, that must weigh a ton! Still, I suppose the car turns in faster now.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by razzor
Well at least mine is
I need big luggage to carry spare parts for mtx3, mtx4, g4s, mrx4r, hyper8, all in one bag. Another bag carries spare parts for my all electric cars, chargers, dischargers, etc. Thats why
Old 05-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Oh No !? What happened. Radio glitch or something?
Have you checked receantly with Raceday? I know he had a shipment in just the other day.

Sorry to hear about your crash. I had a bad one too last weekend although it seams I fared a little better then yourself on how bad I damaged the car. Only down to luck though.

Sorry I can't recomend anyone on the parts and for your mishap with the car. Good luck.

Menace
Well the first time I broke, I honestly can't tell you what the hell happened. I didn't see the car hit anything, certainly not any hard impacts, but when I pull the ill handling car in, I had popped the rear camber link, broke my left rear arm, and broke the end of the shock shaft off right at the ball stud! People that were watching me run at the track were like "how did that happen".

Then I manage to repair the shock(using a tamiya shaft and kyosho ball stud) and zip tie/glue the arm back together. So I'm ready to go back out, I'm climbing the drivers stand and get hit by a glitch that sent the car full speed into the boards! And there went my right steering block!

It wasn't a good day for the nitro yesterday.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s10dude

Thanks, looks like they have both things I need instock.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Well the first time I broke, I honestly can't tell you what the hell happened. I didn't see the car hit anything, certainly not any hard impacts, but when I pull the ill handling car in, I had popped the rear camber link, broke my left rear arm, and broke the end of the shock shaft off right at the ball stud! People that were watching me run at the track were like "how did that happen".

Then I manage to repair the shock(using a tamiya shaft and kyosho ball stud) and zip tie/glue the arm back together. So I'm ready to go back out, I'm climbing the drivers stand and get hit by a glitch that sent the car full speed into the boards! And there went my right steering block!

It wasn't a good day for the nitro yesterday.
By the sound of things it might also be that the plastic has weakened over a period of time. This I experienced when i ran Serpent nitro touring. It withstand a few heavy impacts and then one almost not to mention impact breaks the part(s).

Have not yet had the unfortunate pleasure with TM, but is will happen sometime!

The fun and games of RC!

Last edited by casimirsa; 05-14-2007 at 09:17 AM. Reason: spelling and add-on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.