Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hi guys, i was wondering if some1 here uses os speed? i need the factory mixture needle setting coz mine was messed up while i lean low end too much that the mixture needle moved. so now large fuel consumption and not as powerful. thanks.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
unfortunately i wont be running it as its Marks motor, i am eagerly awaiting the EVO 3 maybe Mark will be a nice guy and let me run it
Old 04-09-2007, 12:30 AM

Hi all, good work for G4S drivers this weekend.. I've read about EFRA Spanish GP race and G4S victory

As I mentioned before, this sunday was my first practice with G4S..

In the pits, we were 4 or 5 G4S on the bench with Orion CRF 2007 engines. Wow

It was the first practice for all of us and lot's of people were breaking in their new engines on the bench but we were breaking in our CRF's on the track with 2-3 times full throttle per lap

guys, CRF 2007 screams.. even if during break-in it was like rocket

I started with the very basic set-up. I just put my kit together per manuel and did not have time to check settings on Hudy set-up system.

I used front gear diff and put 100.000 serpent diff oil. First mistake..

Front 100.000, rear 10.000 It was loose on the corners as expected.

Then I changed front oil to 30.000 serpent.. wow what a difference, car came alive..

Something was wrong with 2nd gear, I've adjusted it and then I found out that the main problem was the clutch, it was slipping, I took it out and saw that one of clutch bell bearing's metal shield was off, as I did not have spare for it, I put it back backwards and it was OK.

guys, I haven't seen a car which is that much easy to drive.. I was so confident with it on the track and liked the way it handled.

especially our fast guy Ozgur was keeping up with fast 1/8's with his G4S and CRF 2007.. It's the first time that he drives G4S..

We used 40 shore tyres front and rear and after 1 hour of driving wear was even!

Over all it was a good day, we made decision to lower first gear ratio and higher second gear ratio because engine wants some more ratio at the straight.. also we will decrase rear camber.

Later.

Asil
Old 04-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well done to Gansei - At least now you know you have nothing to fear from the Sahashi brothers. I know that Serpent are very impressed with the speed of these guys so your Q2 was an excellent result. Shame about the result but that's racing.

Well done also to Daz for his EFRA GP win. Sounds like it was hard work coming up though the lower mains as well. Very well deserved.

I also look forward to seeing the progress from Asil and the guys there. Should be an interesting season.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gansei
i participated serpent korea cup in suwon circuit.

the serpent works driver sahashi brothers was very fast.

i think that sahashi did very tight engine setting.

suwon circuit is very long highway circuit.

so very tight engine setting can do engine failure in 30 minutes race.

i had 2nd position in 1,2,3 Heat.

one of sahashi brother had TQ position, and other sahashi had 7th position.

my excellent pitman guy did not participated in the race (he had a trip in japan)

so i requested another guy.. but he is beginner in pitwork.. never used fuel gun.. --;;

so i teached pitman how to use fuel gun, and tested it.

but in testing.. fuel was overflowed. my receiver was wet.. --;;;

i worried about fuel overflow.. but i thought it was no problem.

in A-main Final.. i passed sahashi TQ guy in first corner.

and i had top position.. But the A-main Final race is stopped.

Because one of A-main racer AMB Personal Transponder is not checked. --;;

it was me!!!

because fuel wet in receiver... contact jack was badness.

so i changed AMB house Transponder .

A-main Race is restarted.

i run 2nd position about 3-4 minute about 1 corner difference with sahashi.

then.. sahashi 720 turn upside down by step zone.

so i passed sahashi. and got top position!!!!

But my G4s Throttle servo was stopped in 31 lap --;;

and flamed out.

But.. Throttle servo was run after several seconds.

so i started again...

But Throttle and steering servos was all stopped in backstraight end point in 56 lap.

my G4S go ahead into fence. and crashed. --;;;

front knukle arm,muffler was broken.. so i retired. --;;

receiver fuel wet problem caused my retire. --;;

and.. one of sahashi's 720 broken engine conrod.

and another sahashi's 720 had trouble engine.

so they also retired.

i will try receiver protect project.. ^^

i missed serpent korea cup race.

But kawahara cup will be held in korea in next week with ten of japanese racer.

i will try my best in kawahara cup.

you can see A-main Final Movie in this site. (about 5 minute)

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipViewB...&scrapable=yes

the second starting car is mine!
Well done mate keep the good work up youll get to pos 1 keep pushing your top racer
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
unfortunately i wont be running it as its Marks motor, i am eagerly awaiting the EVO 3 maybe Mark will be a nice guy and let me run it

man how many motors you got now totally lost count.....
Old 04-09-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default Little Hampton

did anyone rce at little hampton sunday if so what were the results
Old 04-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by uniquexme
hi guys, i was wondering if some1 here uses os speed? i need the factory mixture needle setting coz mine was messed up while i lean low end too much that the mixture needle moved. so now large fuel consumption and not as powerful. thanks.

I have one champ, HSN settings screw till you touch the bottom then two turns out to get it to run then 1 full turn out again.

LSN - flush

Hope it helps, there rather simple to tune, what seems to be the problem? not starting if that is the case try the HSN settings above.

good luck
Old 04-09-2007, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone out there has had problems with K-factory belts LOW friction SIDE and front belt stripping like 10 teeth in a row?

Seems to me the side and front belt have occurred after one race meet is this another problem with K-factory parts and can someone recomend another brand if possible

Also the EDS trans front pulley setup- no mater what i try to use to get the pulley unscrewed it wont budge, keep in mind i do understand its a left hand thread.

any good tips with out damaging the gears or sides of the gears...!

cheers
Old 04-09-2007, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Anyone out there has had problems with K-factory belts LOW friction SIDE and front belt stripping like 10 teeth in a row?

Seems to me the side and front belt have occurred after one race meet is this another problem with K-factory parts and can someone recomend another brand if possible

Also the EDS trans front pulley setup- no mater what i try to use to get the pulley unscrewed it wont budge, keep in mind i do understand its a left hand thread.

any good tips with out damaging the gears or sides of the gears...!

cheers
Bud there is nothing wrong with Kfactory belts ,check the car through for problems or you might have picked up a stone or something.
I have done a whole year of racing on 1 set of belts straight from teh box.
Changed a rear belt a couple of weeks ago and changed front belt last weekend when i rebuilt car.
We have had a problem on a customers car that was stripping front belts ,urned out ther was a hassle with the housing for the front side pulley.
it was warped and had too much slack on the front belt.

As for taking out teh side gear from the ED i have treid and was scared of breaking it and left it on so i strip from the spur gear end and take the pulley out with the shaft.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Asil are you running std transmission or ED ???
if Std you need to run 18t pinion and 46t spur for 1st gear and 24t pinion and 46 or 47 spur for 2nd gear and also 18t brake and side pulley makes a huge difference to the way car accelleratesand tops out.
Better option is definately the ED transmission though.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Bud there is nothing wrong with Kfactory belts ,check the car through for problems or you might have picked up a stone or something.
I have done a whole year of racing on 1 set of belts straight from teh box.
Changed a rear belt a couple of weeks ago and changed front belt last weekend when i rebuilt car.
We have had a problem on a customers car that was stripping front belts ,urned out ther was a hassle with the housing for the front side pulley.
it was warped and had too much slack on the front belt.

As for taking out teh side gear from the ED i have treid and was scared of breaking it and left it on so i strip from the spur gear end and take the pulley out with the shaft.

hey razzor, cheers on the ups on the belt, thou i find it weird hey as i placed the stndard belt i had in my box which was used and had only 3 teeth missing and this belt has been through many heats races and pracs....! Then i got the new k-factory belts low friction type and not so good hey, especially the side and front.

As for the pulley ED trans, me was talking about the front pulleys
Old 04-09-2007, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Have a updated/modified version of Darrens Johnsons setup sheet in excell.
If anyone interested give me a pm.Thought i could post it here but unfortunately cant.

Great way to record changes at the track instead of using setup sheet and wasting setup sheets.Once you have a good setup then save info to setup sheet.

Also congrats to Muppet aka Daz aka Darren Johnson on a awesome result in Spain ,taking the win after qualifying 4th and also to Victor Pelaez for TQ with a G4s.Victor finished 8th in the final.
Need to call Darren the "Rain Doctor" with his wet weather expertise

Still the G4s seems to be underdog with only 4 cars entered in a field of 52 drivers.So terrific result with 2 G4S cars in the A-main.

Last edited by razzor; 04-09-2007 at 04:07 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
hey razzor, cheers on the ups on the belt, thou i find it weird hey as i placed the stndard belt i had in my box which was used and had only 3 teeth missing and this belt has been through many heats races and pracs....! Then i got the new k-factory belts low friction type and not so good hey, especially the side and front.

As for the pulley ED trans, me was talking about the front pulleys
when you mention the Kfactory low friction belts are you talking about teh black ones or the yellow ones ???
If the black ones ,they are same belts that come in the G4S kits.
The Yellow ones need to be changed very often mive heard guys saying after each race meet to two meets max.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

When I canged to the ED trans, I found that I was going through a few belts. When I looked into it, it seems as though the gunk (rubber, oil, dirt etc) that used to get stuck in the plastic pulleys is now stuck in the teeth of the belts since it doesn't get stuck to the hard coated pulleys. I was cleaning the belts but it is a tedious job.

Seems to be not so bad now using the old WD40 on the belts trick to stop so much gunk from building up on the belts.

Also keep an eye on side and rear belt tension and adjust once the belts are broken in (usually after 3 or 4 runs).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.