Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by InitialD
You mean in step 3.2 or 3.4? Step 3.2 metal ring will be on the right side of the diff. Step 3.4 will be the metal ring on the left which is the same side as where the external diff adjuster will be installed...
Sorry my fault (type error) It's 3.4

Great. After turning the rear wheel to lock in (tighten) or lock out (loosen) the rear ball diff, I assume you need to lock the cap screw so that the settings will not run?
I was only refurring to the external diff - adjuster. You have to set-up the rest as normal. So yes you have to lock the cap screw

Do you still need to use the small pin to lock the diff screw like what is done in step 3.3 to tighten or loosen the diff?
Only to adjust the slip dif (like the FPS dif)

Thanks for all the reply. I guess you're the closest we can get to a Team Serpent driver in Holland !
Thx, but you can also ask your question at www.MyTSN.com and then maybe Julius / Rob or an another Team Driver may anwser it (works for me)
Old 09-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default what would you do if...

You had an old worn out GPM hopped-up impulse worth absolutely nothing on ebay on your shelf of stuff plus, you realize you are also sitting on a 200 mm Porshe 962 body and one very potent CMB .21 on-road engine that currently has no home in any of your other rides? hmmmmm
Old 09-19-2003, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

with the body on...
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-superimp1small.jpg  
Old 09-19-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

no body on
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-superimpsidesmall.jpg  
Old 09-19-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

engine mounted from underside
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-superimpundersmall.jpg  
Old 09-19-2003, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Pros: faster than any other R/C car I have ever seen, acceleration is just unreal and it sounds like an 1/8 scale car, plus I got some use out of stuff that was just going to lay around for ever. Cons:1 fuel tank lasts about 3 minutes, and tire wear is relatively high to say the least, at least when you use all the available power.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by fmolzer
Pros: faster than any other R/C car I have ever seen, acceleration is just unreal and it sounds like an 1/8 scale car, plus I got some use out of stuff that was just going to lay around for ever. Cons:1 fuel tank lasts about 3 minutes, and tire wear is relatively high to say the least, at least when you use all the available power.
Frederick, too much time in your hands? Those are cool wicked pics Do you run with the 1/8th guys?
Old 09-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Default New Vented Brake Disc (9606)

Ummm, saw it at the LHS today and my hand got itchy. Expensive nonetheless. About USD 14 for a pair of disc. Still I thought it was cheaper than in the EU... If you have a car, you can probably get a friend to share it with you.

The new disc is having a 33 mm diameter while the old one (801345) is at 32.7 mm for what it's worth... A little more surface area.

The pic attached shows the difference between the two. I actually did not notice it but it looks like I used brakes quite a bit while still using one way front. The old disc is blueish black in colour probably due to much heat and friction!

Will test it out this weekend. Currently, I do not have the new Serpent brake pads. I'm using Mugen teflon brake pads plastered on Serpent brake plates.

p/s: Apologies for the slight shake in the pic. Had to off the flash to get the correct exposure.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-new_brakedisc.jpg  
Old 09-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Centax Clutchbell Tool Holder (909593)

While it's still technically Friday the other parts of the world, I'll take the chance to post the new clutchbell tool holder and the difference between the new and old one.

On the left is the old one (909592). The new one (909593) has a shorter handle. Not so convenient for big hands. I prefer the old tool as it is longer and easier to grip and put a force on it. Still keeping it because of the Centax I on the old Impulse PRO !
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-centax_clutchbell_tool_holder.jpg  
Old 09-19-2003, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: New Vented Brake Disc (9606)

Ummm, saw it at the LHS today and my hand got itchy. Expensive nonetheless. About USD 14 for a pair of disc. Still I thought it was cheaper than in the EU... If you have a car, you can probably get a friend to share it with you.

The new disc is having a 33 mm diameter while the old one (801345) is at 32.7 mm for what it's worth... A little more surface area.

The pic attached shows the difference between the two. I actually did not notice it but it looks like I used brakes quite a bit while still using one way front. The old disc is blueish black in colour probably due to much heat and friction!

Will test it out this weekend. Currently, I do not have the new Serpent brake pads. I'm using Mugen teflon brake pads plastered on Serpent brake plates.

p/s: Apologies for the slight shake in the pic. Had to off the flash to get the correct exposure.
Shake comes from your excitement!!
Old 09-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: New Vented Brake Disc (9606)

Originally posted by markp27
Shake comes from your excitement!!
Yup... From a 1 second exposure time !!

Sorry, no time to whip up the tripod... Have to fix all the stuff and redo the shocks before tomorrow ! Arrrh
Old 09-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Got my folks coming for a week - will have my first run in a couple of weeks
Old 09-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

InitalD, yeah, just too much time and a never ending urge for more power... First I meant to build it like a drag car, converting to 2WD and putting impact rear tires on it, but then I tried it with the touring car tires and realized it handled really good, so I went for the 962 body instead, I am hopeful that the 1/8 scale guys would let me play in their class next race at our local track the shoe, my little creation should be legal in everything but weight It is just incredibly fast though. Tomorrow I will try to run it at our 1/4 scale banked oval track and will make an attempt to set a new trackrecord, I'll let you know how it goes...
Old 09-19-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: A really good question!

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
You can't find any magazine reviewing the 705 is because these magazine are like 2-3 months DELAY as usual.

For example, look at the race report, they are reporting something like last year x'mas period.........for their schedule, you should a lot of 705 report like sometime April or May, but again, 705 is NOT something like you can pick one up your local hobby shop, you might be lucky to get one at ebay for no less then $360.

If you are die-hard serpent racer in Chicago area, join us this summer with your 705/PRO/IMPACT at Hobbytown OakPark and Tinley Park Chicagoland RC raceway........there are quite a lot of 705 there already, but of course, NTC3 are everywhere.

This season is like NTC3 vs 705 in these 2 track

For more info, check out www.chicagorc.com, sign up and register to be a member, then check out all those track in the website.
I know this is an old quote...but..

Now that I'm going to have a 705 within the next couple weeks, we need to get together and get a list of all the people with 705's, and I'm gonna have to come out and race with you guys.

E-Mail me or catch me on AIM @ RLich8.

Roy
Old 09-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry, I will miss the FRIDAY pics, but tommorrow I will post some pics of my new rear diff trick. I have devised a method of removing the diff of the car with hardly any dissasembly, 4 screws and no mess. I can now remove my rear diff from the rear of the car in about 30 seconds (yes I said 30 seconds.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.