Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default Regarding 235

235 is run in 2wd in europe. The 200mm NT should be faster, but not buy much. At my track the 235 record is faster than the 200NT, but the the competition has not been nearly as great in NT as it were in the 235. (The 235 euros last year were held at my localtrack)
Old 07-28-2003, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Look what I just found on RCZone ...

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...hreadid=135749
Old 07-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Wink Re: Re: Re: Lower Ratio Old Clutch Bell

Originally posted by InitialD
Try rccarinternational. Well, they are actually close for the moment for a month or so. Part numbers are as below;

6592 CENTAX CLUTCH CASING 12-16T
6593 CENTAX CLUTCH CASING 13-16T
6594 CENTAX CLUTCH CASING 13-17T
6595 CENTAX CLUTCH CASING 14-16T

The last I heard, they are already out of the 13T/16T but what they told me was that they still have part number 6592 and 6595. Just shoot and send an email to them. I believe they are about EURO 20 ++ each.
Thanks "D" , I'll drop an Email, as soon as they come from his holyday season!,, Thanks Mark , but I'll try the 13-17 combo first, to see how it goes!!

Ciao!!
Old 07-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

Originally posted by Accord
Look what I just found on RCZone ...

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...hreadid=135749
Wow that's a very unfortunate incident, I have a big crash the last month, but my car doesn't come on fire like that one my car broke the fuel tank and the radio tray too, spliting all the fuel over the car ,, well maybe I'm just too lucky, huhh??
Old 07-29-2003, 12:50 AM
bt
Tech Adept

Default clutch issues still

i've asked about this before done near everything but my clutch still slurs off the line or off a corner it wont just grab and go it seems to bog slur then pickup and the tune on motor is fine any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: clutch issues still

Originally posted by bt
i've asked about this before done near everything but my clutch still slurs off the line or off a corner it wont just grab and go it seems to bog slur then pickup and the tune on motor is fine any ideas would be appreciated.
It sounds like the clutch shoe is slipping against the clutchbell... I assume there's no oil on the mating surfaces of the shoe and the bell.

I think you need to tighten the clutch spring further. It seems like the clutch is grabbing too early and not letting the engine rev to a decent RPM to get some torque from the engine. Either that, the end float of the clutchbell is set too close. Maybe 0.1 or 0.2 mm. Set to 0.4 or 0.5 mm.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: clutch issues still

Originally posted by bt
bt,

I would replace new component to troubleshoot and eliminate each suspected issue to get to the point where it is a problem.
Why don't you replace the whole clutch and see how it goes if you suspected that? If you did that and still a problem, then you know its not the clutch, it some other component, try to change other then. If you can't afford, know of a friend with similar cars, buy him drinks or maybe a McDonald Value meal, to try out his component on his car to yours just to find out your issue. I'm very sure he don't mind.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have you guys made any shield on the rear ball dif to try and keep crap out of it? I was thinking about making a labarinth cover like on the xray cause they really are smooth for a very long time.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Devin
Have you guys made any shield on the rear ball dif to try and keep crap out of it? I was thinking about making a labarinth cover like on the xray cause they really are smooth for a very long time.
Let us know if it works and take some pictures.

Or you can just replace the stock ball diff with the FPS, that keeps dirt & grime outs.

Or you can wait till serpent come up with the new optional parts that suppose to fit into your stock ball-diff to shield it from dirt and the best part is, making it externally adjustable (easily). It should be available somewhere in August, i think. See below for pictures.

Picture click here
Old 07-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What does FPS stand for? I have to take the ball dif apart and at the same time i'll try and make a cover for it. I'll take pictures when I can.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool

F.P.S stands for 'Friction Plates Spur' ....... >>Click Here<<

Nizee,
What are you doing in the Snake Pit with a MTX3!?!?!?
Old 07-29-2003, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Re: Front Upper Arm Mod

Originally posted by InitialD
Well, this is not Friday but I guess you guys would not mind

This mod shows a different hole location for the upper front arm which is 3 mm inner and 2 mm up from the original hole location.

I tested it out last weekend, it seems to make the steering better. To me, the car's front end does not step out unpredictably in the mid corner. But I thought off power steering was a little lacking. Just maybe...
Wwooooaahhhh!
Thats kinda cool D!
Dose the hing pin hit the exhuast hanger?
Also what kinda camber and grub screw do you run with that mod?
Old 07-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PUNISHER
F.P.S stands for 'Friction Plates Spur' ....... >>Click Here<<

Nizee,
What are you doing in the Snake Pit with a MTX3!?!?!?
Cool Down Boy !! It's freedom of speech and furthermore you always in my Pit or tent!!
Hmm....then i guess my suggestion & experience in 705 is not welcome here anymore!! Even though i have 2 of the best kit.
The fact that MTX3 have the best lower center gravity and laydown steering servo compare to 705, PERIOD (in touring class)!!!!
So is V1RR then R40....then...
But then again, i'm going to wait for the new Serpent with the laydown steering servo, coincident isn't it?

Hmmmm.....do u still want Serpent Discount price for Parts?

Last edited by nizee; 07-29-2003 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We have a double agent in our camp! Nizee if you want a set-up for the 705 let me know. Also the new nova s3 is awesome!
Old 07-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Pit-racer
We have a double agent in our camp! Nizee if you want a set-up for the 705 let me know. Also the new nova s3 is awesome!
Hey, i can get good deal for both Serpent & Mugen parts, though Serpent i get more, that's the reason i'm going to wait for the New Serpent NEWLY laydown design. Thanks though for the offer.

NS12 awesome??...hhmmm... I saw your engine dies frequently and also Ron at pit stop. Btw, i saw a couple of times MT-12 mod catch with you and Ron NS couple of times, and sometimes pass you on the long back straight.
I guess you still break-in the engine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.