R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   ENGINES USED AT ROAR NATS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/90155-engines-used-roar-nats.html)

HELLOkitty 11-10-2005 01:36 PM

ENGINES USED AT ROAR NATS

there were a lot of engines used....i know that the JP engine was in Mikey's car....i wonder if anyone had the NOVAROSSI PLUS 21-3?

MRX_joe21 11-10-2005 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
there were a lot of engines used....i know that the JP engine was in Mikey's car....i wonder if anyone had the NOVAROSSI PLUS 21-3?

Wuz up w/ that engine anyway? 7 port Turbo" crankshaft grinded tread w/ceramic bearing ryt?

HELLOkitty 11-11-2005 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by MRX_joe21
Wuz up w/ that engine anyway? 7 port Turbo" crankshaft grinded tread w/ceramic bearing ryt?

no clue,i am trying to get more info on it...

cdelong 11-11-2005 07:23 AM

There were a handful of PLUS 21-3's at the event. The PLUS 21-3 has a 14.5mm crank vs. the 321P that only has a 14mm crank. I can only assume from the Nova Rossi website that the standard PLUS 21-3 does not have ceramic bearings. They have a new version already- the PLUS 21-3C (C= ceramic rear bearing).

Most of Team Serpent was running the ZX21 with a few exceptions.

I have a REX 321P, and I saw a lot of those in the pits- some tuned versions, some stock.

All manufacturers were represented well- RB, MAX, Sirio were all there in the pits. Almost every engine was represented in the 1/8th 'A' Main. JP, MAX, Sirio, Mega.

HELLOkitty 11-11-2005 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by cdelong
There were a handful of PLUS 21-3's at the event. The PLUS 21-3 has a 14.5mm crank vs. the 321P that only has a 14mm crank. I can only assume from the Nova Rossi website that the standard PLUS 21-3 does not have ceramic bearings. They have a new version already- the PLUS 21-3C (C= ceramic rear bearing).

Most of Team Serpent was running the ZX21 with a few exceptions.

I have a REX 321P, and I saw a lot of those in the pits- some tuned versions, some stock.

All manufacturers were represented well- RB, MAX, Sirio were all there in the pits. Almost every engine was represented in the 1/8th 'A' Main. JP, MAX, Sirio, Mega.

i also heard that the PLUS engine is not being made anymore,they have a new engine...any ideas on this?

MBlackketter 11-11-2005 12:28 PM

Max Engines

Ralph Burch, Jared Scott, Scotty Barrara, Barry Baker

All ran Max Engines

Mark

HELLOkitty 11-11-2005 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by MBlackketter
Ralph Burch, Jared Scott, Scotty Barrara, Barry Baker

All ran Max Engines

Mark

thats cool!

rocca30 11-11-2005 02:29 PM

motors

team serpent was running mostly novarossi based motors . ryan rhodes was running jp, scottt gray was running a topps motor , paulo was running a max mega the new serpent motor from max power.

HELLOkitty 11-11-2005 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by rocca30
team serpent was running mostly novarossi based motors . ryan rhodes was running jp, scottt gray was running a topps motor , paulo was running a max mega the new serpent motor from max power.

so there is a new engine coming out thats MAX based...please tell me its true! :blush:

BChiz 11-11-2005 04:39 PM

Best .21 engine source and selection

Can someone post here the best place to buy onroad .21 race engines and who has the best prices and selections. I would need the name of the dealer and their website address. Thanks.

MBlackketter 11-11-2005 05:48 PM

New max Engines

Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
so there is a new engine coming out thats MAX based...please tell me its true! :blush:

Why don't you check with RC America. They are the guys importing them.

The engine Ralph ran was the new design!
Mark :sneaky:

cdelong 11-11-2005 06:35 PM

check the guy who started the Evolva thread- jrabbito . he's the canadian distributor for MAX engines and races in Hamilton, Ontario. John is a great guy!! he'll hook you up with all the info you need.

BChiz 11-12-2005 07:14 AM

Appreciate the replies, but what you have given me is info on only the Max engines. Who is a good source for other brands of onroad engines? Where can I buy the Serpent (Mega) brand of engines?

MBlackketter 11-12-2005 08:19 AM

?

Originally Posted by BChiz
Appreciate the replies, but what you have given me is info on only the Max engines. Who is a good source for other brands of onroad engines? Where can I buy the Serpent (Mega) brand of engines?

I wonder why some of them where running Max engines? Top? Rex?

KissRcRaceway 11-12-2005 09:43 AM

Well to answer the question of engines.. There were some very fast engines at the nats and almost all were novarossi based engines in 1/8th.

Driver Car Engine
1/8th
Swauger Mugen JP
Kimbrow Kyosho RB
Morganti- Serpent Mega Max
Rhodes- Serpent JP
Barrerra- Delta Nova rossi
Gray Serpent Top
Berry Serpent Mega MAX
Cyrul Kyosho Sirio
McNalley Serpent Mega Max
Burch Kyosho Max Power