Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
ENGINES USED AT ROAR NATS >

ENGINES USED AT ROAR NATS

ENGINES USED AT ROAR NATS

Reply

Old 11-10-2005, 01:36 PM
  #1  
Buyer Beware
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default ENGINES USED AT ROAR NATS

there were a lot of engines used....i know that the JP engine was in Mikey's car....i wonder if anyone had the NOVAROSSI PLUS 21-3?
HELLOkitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:18 PM
  #2  
Tech Adept
 
MRX_joe21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Valley Crew
Posts: 189
Default

Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
there were a lot of engines used....i know that the JP engine was in Mikey's car....i wonder if anyone had the NOVAROSSI PLUS 21-3?
Wuz up w/ that engine anyway? 7 port Turbo" crankshaft grinded tread w/ceramic bearing ryt?
MRX_joe21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:15 AM
  #3  
Buyer Beware
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Originally Posted by MRX_joe21
Wuz up w/ that engine anyway? 7 port Turbo" crankshaft grinded tread w/ceramic bearing ryt?
no clue,i am trying to get more info on it...
HELLOkitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:23 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
cdelong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,805
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

There were a handful of PLUS 21-3's at the event. The PLUS 21-3 has a 14.5mm crank vs. the 321P that only has a 14mm crank. I can only assume from the Nova Rossi website that the standard PLUS 21-3 does not have ceramic bearings. They have a new version already- the PLUS 21-3C (C= ceramic rear bearing).

Most of Team Serpent was running the ZX21 with a few exceptions.

I have a REX 321P, and I saw a lot of those in the pits- some tuned versions, some stock.

All manufacturers were represented well- RB, MAX, Sirio were all there in the pits. Almost every engine was represented in the 1/8th 'A' Main. JP, MAX, Sirio, Mega.
cdelong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:39 AM
  #5  
Buyer Beware
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Originally Posted by cdelong
There were a handful of PLUS 21-3's at the event. The PLUS 21-3 has a 14.5mm crank vs. the 321P that only has a 14mm crank. I can only assume from the Nova Rossi website that the standard PLUS 21-3 does not have ceramic bearings. They have a new version already- the PLUS 21-3C (C= ceramic rear bearing).

Most of Team Serpent was running the ZX21 with a few exceptions.

I have a REX 321P, and I saw a lot of those in the pits- some tuned versions, some stock.

All manufacturers were represented well- RB, MAX, Sirio were all there in the pits. Almost every engine was represented in the 1/8th 'A' Main. JP, MAX, Sirio, Mega.
i also heard that the PLUS engine is not being made anymore,they have a new engine...any ideas on this?
HELLOkitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
  #6  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 235
Default Max Engines

Ralph Burch, Jared Scott, Scotty Barrara, Barry Baker

All ran Max Engines

Mark
MBlackketter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:32 PM
  #7  
Buyer Beware
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Originally Posted by MBlackketter
Ralph Burch, Jared Scott, Scotty Barrara, Barry Baker

All ran Max Engines

Mark
thats cool!
HELLOkitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:29 PM
  #8  
Tech Addict
 
rocca30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: fl
Posts: 589
Default motors

team serpent was running mostly novarossi based motors . ryan rhodes was running jp, scottt gray was running a topps motor , paulo was running a max mega the new serpent motor from max power.
rocca30 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:51 PM
  #9  
Buyer Beware
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Originally Posted by rocca30
team serpent was running mostly novarossi based motors . ryan rhodes was running jp, scottt gray was running a topps motor , paulo was running a max mega the new serpent motor from max power.
so there is a new engine coming out thats MAX based...please tell me its true!
HELLOkitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:39 PM
  #10  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Owensboro, Ky.
Posts: 86
Default Best .21 engine source and selection

Can someone post here the best place to buy onroad .21 race engines and who has the best prices and selections. I would need the name of the dealer and their website address. Thanks.
BChiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:48 PM
  #11  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 235
Default New max Engines

Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
so there is a new engine coming out thats MAX based...please tell me its true!
Why don't you check with RC America. They are the guys importing them.


The engine Ralph ran was the new design!
Mark
MBlackketter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:35 PM
  #12  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
cdelong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,805
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

check the guy who started the Evolva thread- jrabbito . he's the canadian distributor for MAX engines and races in Hamilton, Ontario. John is a great guy!! he'll hook you up with all the info you need.
cdelong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:14 AM
  #13  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Owensboro, Ky.
Posts: 86
Default

Appreciate the replies, but what you have given me is info on only the Max engines. Who is a good source for other brands of onroad engines? Where can I buy the Serpent (Mega) brand of engines?
BChiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:19 AM
  #14  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 235
Default ?

Originally Posted by BChiz
Appreciate the replies, but what you have given me is info on only the Max engines. Who is a good source for other brands of onroad engines? Where can I buy the Serpent (Mega) brand of engines?
I wonder why some of them where running Max engines? Top? Rex?

Last edited by MBlackketter; 11-12-2005 at 10:00 AM.
MBlackketter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:43 AM
  #15  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 353
Default

Well to answer the question of engines.. There were some very fast engines at the nats and almost all were novarossi based engines in 1/8th.

Driver Car Engine
1/8th
Swauger Mugen JP
Kimbrow Kyosho RB
Morganti- Serpent Mega Max
Rhodes- Serpent JP
Barrerra- Delta Nova rossi
Gray Serpent Top
Berry Serpent Mega MAX
Cyrul Kyosho Sirio
McNalley Serpent Mega Max
Burch Kyosho Max Power
Baker Serpent Max Power
Scott Serpent Maxpower

Outlaw
1 Cyrul, Josh Kyosho Sirio
2 Thomas, Brian Mugen JP
3 Unger, Mark Serpent Nova rossi
4 Carbonell, Art Mugen JP
5 Velazco, Maxy Kyosho MugenX-12
6 Maestrey, Robert Serpent Mega Picco
7 Dietrick, Lance Serpent Mega Picco
8 Apolaro, DJ Serpent Mega Picco
9 Morganti, Paulo Serpent Mega Picco
10 Campbell, Ken Kyosho Murnan X-12
11 Angulo, Rafael Serpent Mega Picco
12 Dotson, Nick Kyosho Murnan x-12
KissRcRaceway is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service