Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please noobie needs help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 11:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Please noobie needs help!

Hello guys, so I got an ofna dm1 pro touring 1/7 nitro rc car, it's all good brought new battery packs for the car servos and everything, but now there's a problem,

A couple of weeks ago I was driving my rc car for about 5mins car fuel is full battery is fully charged, but when I was accelerating my car power turned off, so it wasn't responding to my remote, and it just kept accelerating, I've changed battery's to a good battery I got from rc shop ni ch something like that, and same thing happen, I checked and I found out the the power to the car cuts off but my battery is full, and the car always keeps accelerating after the car power turns off, engine is still running but the power to the Servo cuts out, when I check the car, button is still on but power is not going to car, but if I turn it off and on then it's on again? Any help please? Rc shop doesn't even know what's wrong with it
Old 07-27-2015, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

What radio system using, type of battery used(# of cells) & mh?
Old 07-27-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Initiate

I suggest you try to troubleshoot one problem at a time until you identify the problem. First, pull out each plug from your receiver and check that each pin is well seated in each plug/connector. I suspect you will need to change your receiver and try another on/off switch. These types of problems are complicated and no one here can pinpoint the problem without seeing and testing your car. It's possible it could be a transmitter issue.
Will that radio work with another car? If it does then I would suspect the receiver/on - off switch.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Agree with Willy. unplug the steering servo. Check the throttle servo with TX & RX on. If the Throttle servo operate normally. Some like the control board of the Steering servo went bad. It draws too much amps that it effects the whole system. Steering servo I'd suspect. Steering servo must be metal geared servo. HT or HS optional.