Wiki Posts
Search

Hobao GPX4 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,
I have tested my GPX-4 Pro with some mods I made and and the car handles fantastic and is quite fast. I used Xray NT-1 rear hubs and ceramic bearings and CVD's and NT-1 front hubs and CVD's and ceramic bearings I also modified the NT-1 rear shock tower to fit the GPX-4 and I used a Mugen clutch and spur gears I also used an RB-R3 Murnan/Novarossi 2630 pipe. I have a set of Serpent 720 shocks to try and I will let you know how that goes.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Hi,
I have tested my GPX-4 Pro with some mods I made and and the car handles fantastic and is quite fast. I used Xray NT-1 rear hubs and ceramic bearings and CVD's and NT-1 front hubs and CVD's and ceramic bearings I also modified the NT-1 rear shock tower to fit the GPX-4 and I used a Mugen clutch and spur gears I also used an RB-R3 Murnan/Novarossi 2630 pipe. I have a set of Serpent 720 shocks to try and I will let you know how that goes.
Hey Taffyjnr:

Good to see you are still using your GPX4. Interest to know how you compare it to the NT1 and why are you using NT1 bits on it?

Thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Undies
Hey Taffyjnr:

Good to see you are still using your GPX4. Interest to know how you compare it to the NT1 and why are you using NT1 bits on it?

Thanks
Hi,
I had them spare as I have an NT-1 as my primary car. I used the NT-1 parts to try and get rid of some/all of the slop/movement in the geometry to be able to set it up to be more consistant. I have been very surprised how well is goes and can match my lap times I do with my NT-1.I have some serpent 720 shocks to try on it next see how that goes OK.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Hi,
Here are some pics of the rear end mods.
Attached Thumbnails Hobao GPX4 Pro-gpx4d.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-gpx4e.jpg  
Old 10-20-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Hi,
Is anyone else still running this car??
Old 10-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Hi,
Here are some pics of the rear end mods.
How have you found the car since you made your changes to the rear end? I have thought about getting one of these, but since the aussie dollar has taken a nose dive it is less appealing.

Thanxs
Old 10-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Hi,
The changes have made the car much easier to drive and it has freed up the driveline very nicely. I am now looking at modifying the Hobao oneway to convert it to a locker/spool to help with tuning. I am also going to give the serpent shocks a run on it this weekend to see how they go.

I might have my GPX-4 Pro up for grabs shortly as I am going to focus on 1/8th scale.........
Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Wink Less torsion flex please

Hey guys, I run a GPX4 (not the Pro) and have had some good results with the car and it's easy to work on. However, I find that the top chassis is a bit soft and can be compressed... even if only marginally when placing the car from your hands to the track.

This causes the distance between the throttle servo and the engine to change, and thus affecting the engine idle by causing a tweak against the carby from the idle.

Has anyone else noticed this??? And if so, has anyone come up with a solution to stiffen the area between the radio plate and the rear gear box area of the car? I would be glad to hear any suggestions, thanks.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Hi,
Any news on the new car yet??...............
Old 03-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Adjustable Front One-way to solid

Hi All,
I finally had time to work on one of my front one way housings to make it an adjustable solid. I took pictures of my work below. I put a slight flat spot on both out drives and tapped a hole in the housing just after the inner one-way on both sides. I tested it and it seems to work. Of course i used thread lock to keep the set screw from coming out. Now just simply unscrew the set screws and you have a one-way, just like the newer cars. The only mod is to drill out and add a set screw. Some more mods to come.

Thanks,
Ken Dubb
Attached Thumbnails Hobao GPX4 Pro-gpx4-pro-frt-one-way.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-gpx4pro-frt-one-way-car.jpg  
Old 03-25-2009, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Nice work...........
Old 10-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Rookie

hello. i just got my gpx 4 pro and am lookin forward to racing it

Can anyone recommend a good place/club to race in sydney metro. also a place where they race 1/8 infero type cars. I am a novice

Last edited by fastnfurious; 10-21-2010 at 12:00 AM. Reason: test
Old 11-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default gpx4 pro awsome

guys these are a good little car , one 1st place trophy for the championship first time i have raced , also there are soo many hints and tricks to these cars and yes you have to put up with soo much crap about them from mugen and kyosho drivers etc but imho for the price you cant go wrong unless your paid to drive rc "works or similair " the only thing ive done to mine is put the billet alloy centre shaft support and rear billet alloy support ,tilted the front support a very small amount to slacken the front belt tension use a v-one rrr rear belt diffrent springs and i set the brake really soft also set the controler so the brake is realy slow to 90% and only the last 10% full brake , the other thing i like about these is they havent changed them for ages unlike other mobs that bring out new cars evey year so the old ones are useless cos there not the latest . anyway enjoy it and develop it to the max .oh and while all others are using sirio and nova rossi etc i used a good ole os .12 and it still kicked ass
Old 04-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile GPX4...

Hi, everybody...

Is there anyone running this car yet?

I've seen many great tips on this thread, it will help me a lot to increase the car performance...

I've bought a RTR version one month ago, and I'm very happy with the car handly!

I've been running rubber tyres, but i'm want to buy some foam tyres... what brands of tyres are recommended?

I'm thinking to convert my car in the PRO version, buying the spare parts oh the PRO version at RC Mart... what do you think?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default anybody

no one else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.