Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko propo digital servos + 3PK PCM

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ko propo digital servos + 3PK PCM

Heya guys, new to the forum so here goes, i recently bought 2x ko servos, one 2343 and 2344 ones high speed and ones high torque, any advantages of getting the 3pk HRS version or will the PCM version do? I ve done a bit of research and sounds like the PCM is rather more flexible in terms of what servos can be used as the HRS is digital servos ONLY. Any inputs will be great cheers.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

h
Old 08-07-2005, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

u can only use hrs,if you have the hrs reciver,and when you have wone,
you can only use digital servo with hrs reciver,what brand dosnt matter.
other wise use pcm.
hrs i preffer its faster.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks nils. I wonder if anyones ever compared the 2 and actually come up with hard evidence that the HRS is infact substantially faster than the PCM whislt using digi servos.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Initiate

The servos doesn´t get any faster with the HRS reciever they only get a higher resolution and works smother !!!! The HRS works really fine and it has a failsafe built in it so there no idea to get a PCM reciever !!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have used HRS & PCM, I couldnt tell the difference. I preffer PCM because if your at a race & a servo dies you can replace it with whatever is available instead of having an expensive digital back up.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Roger to that mate, I ve always liked the 3PK so im definetly ordering one now. One last question i heard digital servos are noisier than standard ones but mine kinda still makes slight noises while everythings centered, is this normal?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I`d have to say the S9451`s in my car now are slightly noisier than the S3003`s i was running in another car......but if the end points are set correctly and theres no binding there`ll be minimal noise from digital servos.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:58 AM
Tech Adept

The failsafe function on 3PK works on both PCM and HRS systems. And trust me it's priceless function on the 3PK especially when you play at open tracks where there's no system of listing down your freq.

The HRS system is definitely faster in response and if you want faster steering inputs it is significant especially when 100th of a second matters in a heat or race. It's better to practice with it now if you intend to go serious racing. Just like about everything else, it comes with a price - and yes with the HRS you can only use digital servos. Stock up on a spare digital servo so that if one fails you at a race meet you'd still be able to run.

If you're a beginner you'd won't be able to tell the difference. I started with a PCM and have regretted not getting a HRS after i tried it.

Don't make that mistake.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:25 AM
Tech Champion

I'm using KO Propo 2363 ICS digital servo with Futaba PCM receiver. It's okay u know.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the nreplis guys. Ima go spectrum later on when the mtx 4 comes out, ive already got my engine, pipe radio gear sorted. I'll be using the 3pk for 2 cars, 1 elec, 1 gas, my gas will be using specktrum and the elec the pcm receiver. Is it pretty straight forward changing the modules over as ill be doin it quite frequently when i race the 2. Its just a matter of take 1 module out and the other in isnt it? Thanks guys.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

It would be better to get the same type of receiver. Either go all PCM or all Spectrum. If you are going to be racing 2 cars in the same day, the Spectrum will bet the best thing.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peanutbrains
Roger to that mate, I ve always liked the 3PK so im definetly ordering one now. One last question i heard digital servos are noisier than standard ones but mine kinda still makes slight noises while everythings centered, is this normal?
They are loud but WHO cares.

I hear people complain, "oh my digitals are loud, I hate them"

WHo cars if they are loud, they perform better and thats all I care about.

I dont listen to my servos during a race.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default PCM vs HRS

On the 3pk in pcm mode you can use the servo speed adjustments which don't work with the HRS module. Servo throw and return speed for steering and throttle only work with pcm. Both use the built in fail safe. The reason the hrs doesn't do speed controls is that Futaba actually programs the servo with the pcm packets. HRS is basically a hopped up ppm (fm) that has 3096 resolution and error checking but not packets. The servo speed stuff and the built in fail safe do not work with DSM. Anything that says pcm only or hrs only in the manual won't work with DSM. Throttle profiles stuff like that still work because they vary the pulses going to the servo instead of reprogramming it. I just switched to a M11 with dsm so I could get servo speed adjustments. I run 1/10 top fuel dragsters and having that available is really nice. You don't want too much speed on a servo when you are trying to correct something traveling over 75 mph that has as small a distance between the front wheels as a top fueler. I have one of each of those recievers for sale on this forum if anyone is interested.

Griz
Old 08-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

or just buy a m11 or m8 where u dont have to worry about pcm or hrs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.