2005 ROAR Fuel Nats Nov 3-6

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Nope! Terry Brown
Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From What I hear, Everything is just Fine in Kiss. The track is only An hour away from me. But Freddy V. Had posted the the track was fine on another forum. ( because we have a state race this weekend in Kiss) .

I drove the track This past SAT. Very nice layout. Simular to the Toledo Ohio Track. After this weekend we should have some serious traction going for the Nats.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down South Florida

It's a mess here in South Florida. No power, no gas, no phone.... Lets hope we can get some of the essentials back so we can drive up to race on the weekend.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

ok....now I'm confused......the track layout similiar to Toledo? I heard that the layout was going to be changed, but the pictures posted are of the layout when we were there in February. Has the layout been changed or not? and why would pictures be posted of the old layout if thats the case???

Thank you,

Scott Kimbrow
Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Joaquin, Best of luck on a speedy recovery!
I hope all is better ASAP!

See you in Kissimee!

Terry / TX
Old 10-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Scott,

It appears that the pics (above like 6-7 posts or so) are the layout for the Nats. I think I can see Paolo, who I know was practing this past weekend. From what I hear they didn't change the track dramatically. The end of the straight was changed slightly and going onto the straight was tighened up a bit since it was almost a striaght shot before. It does somewhat resemble the Toledo track.....
Old 10-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Scott:

Like berry said, that is the actual layout, I took the photos last sunday afternoon.I couldn't take more pictures becuase I didn't charged the batteries.

Hopefully I will be back on friday.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Well guys the track is perfect..We were not effected at all by the storm.. I was at the track adding more traction today and will put on more tommorrow. Paolo was there on the weekend testing along with about 30 other drivers. The track is longer by about 80 ft. The lap times were in the mid 17s before and now they seem to be in the mid 20s for sedans.. 1/8th cars before ran as fast as 14.99 by Ralph B. and now the cars are in the 17s.......

The end of the straight has been changed and the left hander after the straight is totally different. The right side of the track is longer by about 50 ft. The centers S turn in the middle of the track is the same.. The last change was to the chicane before the straight , which is now tighter.. There is no more straight shot through there essentially not allowing a car to enter the straight with lots of speed.. Track flows well!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 04:13 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KissRcRaceway
I was at the track adding more traction today and will put on more tommorrow.
Nice to heard that the track is good!!
How do you add traction to the track? Are you using something special?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for clearing up my confusion........Can't wait to get there next week!

Scott
Old 10-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default state race

I hope that most of you consider not running the state race this weekend since everyone from west palm beach south does'nt have electricity nor will have for a couple of weeks. I understand that the national race is a different situation and should go on as scheduled. But so many forgass racers do live south and are dirrectly affected by the storm. this may cause alot to skip and make the series less competative. I know that most of our phones have not worked since the storm so if anyone has comments to address this please do so. Peter
Old 10-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I’m ready to race.. Generator will still be in Hollywood at dads house... but I will be at the races...se ya all there .. By the way you get one drop use it if you have to
Old 10-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Suspended

glad to hear you're ok Peter. I'm in orlando now for work since we're shut down in deerfield till we have power (no power at my house either).

Unless I hear any different, the state race will go on as scheduled in Kissimmee. maybe it'll be good to get out of Pompano for a weekend Peter, bring some gas cans up with you to bring plenty back home..

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
I hope that most of you consider not running the state race this weekend since everyone from west palm beach south does'nt have electricity nor will have for a couple of weeks. I understand that the national race is a different situation and should go on as scheduled. But so many forgass racers do live south and are dirrectly affected by the storm. this may cause alot to skip and make the series less competative. I know that most of our phones have not worked since the storm so if anyone has comments to address this please do so. Peter
Old 10-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Suspended

As posted before, i'm now in Orlando... My work is putting me and my family up in a Sheraton near the airport. My wife's car was almost out of gas and my Tbird was full, so we packed up the 'bird and there wasn't room for me.. so I rode my harley up here! (it was full of gas too). I'll probably be here for two weeks at least.

I got shot during from my porch during the worst part of the storm!

http://www.jpsportspics.com/gallery
Old 10-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Everyone is welcome here is the kissimmee area.. There is electricity everywhere and gas and Outback and Chilis.. I know you are having a tough time down there but bring your families with you and get out... I hope all things effecting everyday life go back to normal soon.. Orlando/Kissimmee remember what it is like without power, phone, AC, Food and gas....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.