R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Kyosho Bring The KF01 To The USA (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/792027-kyosho-bring-kf01-usa.html)

T.MARSHALL 02-26-2014 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by NitroApex (Post 13041800)
I agree with you T. Marshall why should we have to pay to have this car shipped here to the USA. I understand this is the norm even if it hurts our economy.

The middle man takes advantage of us and add insult to injury your dollars are shipped out of our market. I have never liked this business model.

Kyosho do you feel like you (as a company) are doing USA consumers a favor by providing your goods, products and services to our market?

I believe if you want to stay in this market and prosper here it may be time to invest more in our economy.

Create Manufacturing Jobs here in The USA has a nice ring to it!

NitroApex, Social Media works and change will come if you are persistant.

Kyosho, I know you are not a American company so this may or may not mean much to you.

Ask not what our country/consumers can do for you. Ask what you can do for our country/consumers for a change.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Originally Posted by F1 Jack D (Post 13042516)
Wow! I just read part of this thread. F1 racing is by far the fastest growing on road class bar none. This whole conversation reminds me of the producer that rejected the old rock group "The Beatles". He did not admit he made a little mistake and then shortly saw his competitors making the millions $$. I'm sure it won't be long before another US freindly RC company will develop and bring to the US RC racing market a far more superiour F1 Nitro car. This person that is ranting about a company's decision may soon see his competitors rolling in the $$$ :-)

Let it be!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

NitroApex 02-27-2014 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by JLock (Post 13024379)
T.MARSHALL,

You can either keep screaming into the vacuum or your can take the bull by the horns and you make a market for them here. All cap posts and ranting on the forum = getting you nowhere but frustrated. Buying a bunch and being your own distributor or building up a group or two, making a demand/market for them = getting your desired result. You get better grip on a snow-covered street with snow chains on your tires than trying to run your car on the same road on racing slicks. Good luck continuously screaming into the vacuum, the right people will never hear you.

You have been BRAINWASHED or YOU have some sort of personal interest you are looking to protect. If this is the case, YOU sir are a SELLOUT!

Originally Posted by JLock (Post 13026851)
Hate to tell you but yes, you are beating your head. Kyosho made the business decision to not import it based upon info (flyers and other inquiries) that were done around time of product rollout. They got enough feedback to make the decision not to export it to the US. If you really want it, just order it from one of the Asian or European r/c sites that are selling it. This crusade that you are on now is starting to look more like Don Quixote and the windmills.

:cry: SELLOUT?

JLock 02-27-2014 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by NitroApex (Post 13048288)
You have been BRAINWASHED or YOU have some sort of personal interest you are looking to protect. If this is the case, YOU sir are a SELLOUT!

:cry: SELLOUT?

Dude, get a grip!! I am not the one rambling on this forum to a company that really doesn't pay much attention to said forum. I have talked to one of the lead people at Kyosho America and to let you know, based on feedback from some key US markets, Kyosho made a business decision not to import this car here (not much interest was shown in any of the test markets). Like it or not, this is how business is done nowadays. Do I like the product, yes. However, if the parent company and its subsidiary decided not to bring it to me, then I will go to it (ie: RC Mart, RC Toro, or equivalent r/c site selling it) instead of screaming into a vacuum that no one can hear your screams. Just like the Spada 09, many wanted it but Kyosho decided not to import it. Those guys just went to the Hong Kong/Asian r/c websites selling it, and ordered them directly instead of get on RC Tech and continuously griping about why it is not being sold in the US.

You can keep posting and make this thread 100 pages long and it won't change a thing with Kyosho. However, you present a proposal to Kyosho for a big group buy or that you want to be the exclusive US distributor of the car and put some monies up front for purchasing inventory, then maybe Kyosho might listen to you. Today, it is about profitability and if Kyosho, like any other company, don't see a profit to be made from a product in a market, that product will not be sold in mass to said market. Work with Kyosho behind the scenes, you might get something done. Keep ranting on RC Tech, well, your typing skills may improve........:rolleyes:

scary_jerry 02-27-2014 10:34 AM

negative 25 inches air pressure.....

Originally Posted by JLock (Post 13048438)
Dude, get a grip!! I am not the one rambling on this forum to a company that really doesn't pay much attention to said forum. I have talked to one of the lead people at Kyosho America and to let you know, based on feedback from some key US markets, Kyosho made a business decision not to import this car here (not much interest was shown in any of the test markets). Like it or not, this is how business is done nowadays. Do I like the product, yes. However, if the parent company and its subsidiary decided not to bring it to me, then I will go to it (ie: RC Mart, RC Toro, or equivalent r/c site selling it) instead of screaming into a vacuum that no one can hear your screams. Just like the Spada 09, many wanted it but Kyosho decided not to import it. Those guys just went to the Hong Kong/Asian r/c websites selling it, and ordered them directly instead of get on RC Tech and continuously griping about why it is not being sold in the US.

You can keep posting and make this thread 100 pages long and it won't change a thing with Kyosho. However, you present a proposal to Kyosho for a big group buy or that you want to be the exclusive US distributor of the car and put some monies up front for purchasing inventory, then maybe Kyosho might listen to you. Today, it is about profitability and if Kyosho, like any other company, don't see a profit to be made from a product in a market, that product will not be sold in mass to said market. Work with Kyosho behind the scenes, you might get something done. Keep ranting on RC Tech, well, your typing skills may improve........:rolleyes:

I got such a kick out of the 'screaming into the vacuum' concept.....

Now, this thread started with a car availability in the USofA that isn't happening because of a 'survey'. I still can't get an answer to 'why Kyosho won't manufacture the carriers for the GT series so that they would have the same caster angle as the Cobra GT (option for 10 or 12) and the new OFNA GT X3 will have the 10 and 12 degree option also. It's not as though there are maybe 'a million or so' Kyosho GT/GT2 cars in racer's hands. The 'option' for the Kyosho is a 20 or 22 degree........WRONG.......

KYOSHO is asleep......:eek:

NitroApex 02-27-2014 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by JLock (Post 13048438)

I was told you are a SELLOUT! Now it's in plain sight! It's a shame you can't see how BRAINWASHED you are.

I totally understand the current business model you and Kyosho want to keep selling us. I'm not buying it anymore. I refuse to continue selling myself short.

It's not fare for American kids (in America) have to pay more for the same products sold to Japnese kids in Japan.

If a japanese kid can buy a KF01 RTR in japan at his hobby shop for the equivalent of $185.00 usd. The kid who lives in the USA should not have to pay $250.00 usd for the same item.

What I'm saying is the $65 difference should be split in half. The Japanese kid and the American kid both pay $217.50. It's just fare.

The problem is as a United States citizen it feels like Kyosho is using you and others like you to spit in our faces. I call this SELLING OUT!

Kyosho you have been propering in our market for quite a while WITHOUT GIVING BACK!

WE THE PEOPLE BELIEVE COMPANIES LIKE KYOSHO MUST FIND A WAY TO GIVE BACK.

Dan 02-27-2014 12:39 PM

NitroApex, WTH are you talking about? Do you not understand business models and capitalism. Kyosho is not a charity. They have to setup a business where they can be profitable, and make the margins when factoring all other costs and the export market. Kyosho have to prioritize on supporting their bread and butter cars (1/8th buggy, 1/10th offroad, MiniZ, lower end RTRs). And yes, they have some flops every now and then (Scorpion 1/7 buggy, etc).

JLock seems to be among the few here with enough common sense and telling it like it is.

The original point of this thread reminds me of a protestor. Yes, lets create awareness but not actually do anything about it! Somebody else take charge, not me!

JLock 02-27-2014 12:55 PM

Sellout/brainwashed, really?!? Kyosho just came out with the Plazma Lm electric LMP car. Through a couple of channels, I got one in my possession, car assembled, and the body almost completed (see the thread I started in the Electric Onroad section). I wanted one and so instead of ranting and raving on the forum, I got one through the channels I had. Working in corporate America for over 20 years has taught me a lot about business politics, back-channels, and how to get things done in business. Is doing business this way right, no, but it is the game that is being played everyday in the business world. You learn the rules of the game, master them, then find ways to beat the rule makers at their own game.

So, you keep saying that I am brainwashed and a sellout. Funny that if I really want a product that Kyosho offers, I have less of a time getting it than you. It isn't about who talks the loudest, it is who works the system the best. Funny that you don't know me but believe what someone told you that they think I am. Keep thinking that while I play with my r/c toys and have fun.

NitroApex 02-27-2014 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13048944)
NitroApex, WTH are you talking about? Do you not understand business models and capitalism. Kyosho is not a charity. They have to setup a business where they can be profitable, and make the margins when factoring all other costs and the export market. Kyosho have to prioritize on supporting their bread and butter cars (1/8th buggy, 1/10th offroad, MiniZ, lower end RTRs). And yes, they have some flops every now and then (Scorpion 1/7 buggy, etc).

JLock seems to be among the few here with enough common sense and telling it like it is.

The original point of this thread reminds me of a protestor. Yes, lets create awareness but not actually do anything about it! Somebody else take charge, not me!

You to have accepted the status! You too have been BRAINWASHED. This is WTH I'm talking about.

If a Japanese kid can buy a KF01 RTR in Japan at his hobby shop for the equivalent of $185.00 usd. The kid who lives in the USA should not have to pay $250.00 usd for the same item.

What I'm saying is the $65 difference should be split in half. The Japanese kid and the American kid both pay $217.50. It's just fare.

NitroApex 02-27-2014 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by NitroApex (Post 13048991)
You to have accepted the status! You too have been BRAINWASHED. This is WTH I'm talking about.

If a Japanese kid can buy a KF01 RTR in Japan at his hobby shop for the equivalent of $185.00 usd. The kid who lives in the USA should not have to pay $250.00 usd for the same item.

Yes Todd started this thread to see if there would be any interest from Kyosho to introduced the KF01 to the USA market at a fair market price.

It looks to me like Kyosho thinks it's too costly to make a go of it and futher more wants the citizens of the (as you so eloquently put it) USofA to pay for creating, growing and nuturing this market only to swoop in when the getting is good and rape us.

A few of my croies and I think this has been going on for too long.

Jlock, if you don't like what being said or (in your case) ranted on this thread stay off it before people start thinking you care more about Kyosho than you do about a few citizens of USA who want more out of there US dollars.

Dan 02-27-2014 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by NitroApex (Post 13048991)

This just shows you how you do not understand world trade at all. Do you not know about currency exchange rates, import tariffs, etc.?

There are costs associated with bringing products to another country. If Kyosho made everything cost the same in all countries, then they may not make the margins needed to be a profitable business, or lose money. These margins are needed for continued business and investment in R&D. You act like they are a huge corporation. Nope, just a manufacturer in a small niche hobby market.

NitroApex 02-27-2014 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13049231)
This just shows you how you do not understand world trade at all. Do you not know about currency exchange rates, import tariffs, etc.?

There are costs associated with bringing products to another country. If Kyosho made everything cost the same in all countries, then they may not make the margins needed to be a profitable business, or lose money. These margins are needed for continued business and investment in R&D. You act like they are a huge corporation. Nope, just a manufacturer in a small niche hobby market.

Blah, blah, blah, you spin wizard of course I understand. I know exactly how much profit Kyosho made last year. Do you? If you don't find out! If you do stop trying to sell us your BS. We ain't buying it!

T.MARSHALL 02-27-2014 02:49 PM

Can we all just get along. :)

http://blog-imgs-34-origin.fc2.com/z...x/DSC06207.jpg

NitroApex 02-27-2014 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL (Post 13049328)

Just getting started T. I can't believe you haven't hit these cowards and keyboard warriors with the MARSHALL LAW! :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire:
Like a eighteen wheeler! Don't me let get a head of steam going.

Jlock I know why you are on Kyosho's SACK!

T.MARSHALL 02-28-2014 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by NitroApex (Post 13049799)
Just getting started T. I can't believe you haven't hit these cowards and keyboard warriors with the MARSHALL LAW! :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire:
Like a eighteen wheeler! Don't me let get a head of steam going.

Jlock I know why you are on Kyosho's SACK!

Marshall Law was years ago Champ!:lol: Member this... At the end of the day... We can always say maybe Kyosho does not deserve our money. I have not reached that determintion yet. At this point I'm still a Kyosho fan. :)

T.MARSHALL 02-28-2014 01:22 PM

+ YouTube Video