Wiki Posts
Search

New to Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default New to Nitro

i am not sure if there was a thread on this already sorry if i'm doing a double post.

ok now the problem i bought the engine used but in good working condition i sent it out cause it was getting hard to tune on bottom end so i sent it out to get re pinched got it back. i but it all back together put some after run oil to help lube it. so now when i turn the flywheel it gets locked up and is extremely hard to turn. i just thought cause it was fresh re pinched so i was able to get 1 tank on it was running at 213 degrees is this normal that its so hard to turn i have to use a screw driver to force the the piston down.

engine is Team orion crf mte.21

thanks again for any info and sorry if i re posted or double on a post
Old 09-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by kslimm0714
i am not sure if there was a thread on this already sorry if i'm doing a double post.

ok now the problem i bought the engine used but in good working condition i sent it out cause it was getting hard to tune on bottom end so i sent it out to get re pinched got it back. i but it all back together put some after run oil to help lube it. so now when i turn the flywheel it gets locked up and is extremely hard to turn. i just thought cause it was fresh re pinched so i was able to get 1 tank on it was running at 213 degrees is this normal that its so hard to turn i have to use a screw driver to force the the piston down.

sorry i posted on the wrong form thought it was off road will move it over
Old 09-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sorry i posted on the wrong form thought it was off road will move it over
I don't Know that motor, I do run nitro. If you have a heat gun or hair dryer heat the motor. I would run at least 500cc through it at about 200 deg. then start to lean it out.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Pre-heating your engine is important, but make sure you haven't mess up your engine's needle settings... check out this thread and look for the post by Infanterene http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...ion-mte-4.html... Orion CRF Alpha Mike Truhe Edition - MTE

Also, you can always take it to you local hobby shop and ask them to set the needles for you so you can tune it/break it in again ... Re-pinching is just like starting with a new engine... Take your time and don't rush it. Good luck ..

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 09-29-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: more info