Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE S III

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 04:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Fifth body post

Kyosho Racer,

You talked about a fifth body post......I noticed on my previous 200mm bodies they start to crack across the top of the front wheel arches. Does the fifth post stop this ? I might get a body post and somehow secure a machine screw to it and then screw it into the servo-saver shaft.

I purchased off ebay a carbon fibre rear shock tower (was supposed to be for v-one r-rr) and a front one-way tube for $10.00. both in great condition however the shock tower does not fit...so not so much of a bargan...I will have to try and resell the shock tower. I assumed the rear end of the Siii was modelled after the "v-one R"

rob
Old 06-23-2005, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Correction: The Vone SIII is modelled after the Vone "RRR".

Almost the entire Front and rear of the car is exactally the same, its only the middle part thats different. Oh, and materials used.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bad Inferno
Kyosho Racer,

You talked about a fifth body post......I noticed on my previous 200mm bodies they start to crack across the top of the front wheel arches. Does the fifth post stop this ? I might get a body post and somehow secure a machine screw to it and then screw it into the servo-saver shaft.

rob
The fifth body post will help in cracking. If you take a dremel to the fenders cut outs, to get rid of sharpe edges, they will be less likely to start cracking on you. But that fifth body post will help in two ways. One to help keep the body from cracking at the wheel cut outs. Second, it will help the body from flexing at high speeds.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, there are 2 holes near the top of the tank where handles usually are? is it possible to install any kind of handle there?

cos it doesnt seem possible to screw from below...
Old 06-25-2005, 01:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Default GXR15

Hi Kyosho Racer....
I've struggled today with tuning this engine. It has MORE than enough power however does not come back to idle very well today.

When comming back from reving the engine still runs fast even with the carbie closed.
I found putting the spring around the top of the throat helped the idle return..It was around the bottom.

I think the slider leaks air and thats why I only have to have the carbie open a "hairs" width. If I screw out the idle screw it does stall however it only needs to be slightly open and becomes very hard to adjust.

Can the tune effect this ?...I tried screwing in the idle mix (adjust 1/8) over 1 turn then tried screwing it out (adjusting 1/8) one turn. I have ended up with the idle mix screwed out from its original setting.

In the end it was better, spring around the top, idle open ever so slightly and richer idle mixture.

Does your engine (GXR15) return to idle fast ? My old Nova returned FAST
Old 06-25-2005, 04:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default GXR15

I have been looking at my idle problem and have:

1. Found the nut on the engine block which holds the carb in place was a little loose. Although I could slightly rotate the carbie I do not know how much of a leak there would have been. There is an o-ring seal at the base.

2. whilst the carb was loose I have now positioned the carbie around a little so the linkage is now more in line with the servo throw. ie carbie seems to have a more fluid movement now and does not bind as it goes in/out.

I'll at least start it up tomorrow and see how the engine responds...however have to wait till next Saturday to give it a run around the track.

rob
Old 06-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone installed a handle on their v one s III?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default handle

How can kyosho build such a great car without a handle !......I have the 3 racing handle for my SII I will see this weekend if I can fit it. Think I woiuld only have to reshape the wire handle the mounts should fit.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

there is a Hop up part made by kyosho to put a roll bar on the car....I don't remeber the number, i would have to look it up in the morning.....
Old 07-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

kyosho has a part for it???? hmm...

it doesnt say on the manual...
Old 07-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone found the roll bar/handle for the SIII yet? i still cant seem to find one that will fit...
Old 07-11-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default spares

no luck with the handle. have had no time at the moment.

Where do people buy parts for the SIII. Has anybody found an online store with siii parts. I need a chassis ! this dame car is soooo low it went straight down my street drain, 5' drop, survived very well however the chassis must be slightly bent after that fall.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dragon
Anyone found the roll bar/handle for the SIII yet? i still cant seem to find one that will fit...
AS far as i can tell there is not one available at this current time. There may be one in the future. But looking at the car if you had a roll bar on the car with the stock body, the roll bar would hit the body....I will keep my ears open, if I here that one will be released i will post it here.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi guys
i was wondering if the 1st speed gear with the vones 3 is interchangable with the vones 2 1st speedd spur gear? not sure if my LHS stocks vones 3 parts yet as they are not alot around in australia yet i believe...
Old 08-18-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

also have you guys ever stripped the first speed spur gear yet? it seems like the problem occurs once the 2 speed kicks in... i remember just driving and all of a sudden there was a strange noise as soon as i let go of the throttle so i brang it in to have a look and saw my spur gear stripped a bit so what i did was for a quick fix was to mesh it up tightly for a few laps and then loosen it back out abit to gear the gears on the spur properly shaped again. after it was in ok condition took it out for a few more tanks and on the 2nd tank i noticed once it kicked in 2nd gear it made a weird noise after a few 2nd gear changes, it would make that stripped spur gear sound again when i let go of the throttle...

any ideas? cant be a rock cause my pinion has no signs of wear on it.

edited

and another question is

with the front side pulley the manual says to fit on 24T but there is a 23T pulley left over... is this the overdrive pulley?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.