Search

Serpent Cobra GT or Team C/OFNA GT-V2

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
Wow. And the war continues. Would be great if the big "K" would break out a IGT-V2 just about now after 6 yrs of dormancy. Lol !! The MP9 buggy is their baby still ... Smh... Maybe I should build a proto MP9 GT8 ???
Its all about thr Profit Kyosho has made a fortune off the old 7.5 buggy (very smart business) & adapting it to a GT and GT2 basically the same car just longer.

As your idea about a MP9 GT car the ship sailed years ago I know about half a dozen people that race GT that have "been there done that" with success.

I have to agree its a shame the original GT car (kyosho) has seen better days and doubt they will revamp it but there is always Hope

Serpent has the market for GT as of now & the Team C short chassis is getting better daily but you never know maybe we will see an XRAY in the future

Old 06-12-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
Thanks for all the input. I did get a Serpent Cobra a few weeks back and I am loving it.

I am looking forward to seeing the Team C car in action at the Timezone Gran Prix.

I will not be able to make the Timezone event but I am building a super badazz turnkey car for someone that will be there The car will be flourescent yellow ,orange ,flat black and dark red with a mclaren body on it. I have been working on it now for a few weeks and it is a carbon copy of my car except with a basic rally engine (260.00). I will post a pic of it when it is done.

Wow. And the war continues. Would be great if the big "K" would break out a IGT-V2 just about now after 6 yrs of dormancy. Lol !! The MP9 buggy is their baby still ... Smh... Maybe I should build a proto MP9 GT8 ???
I would love to make a Kyosho conversion but they are just so damn expensive/ I cant spend 700+ dollars just for R+D. I have come up with a pretty ingenious way of converting that only requires a minimal amount of machining on the stock chassis (maybe none)
Old 06-14-2013, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I will not be able to make the Timezone event but I am building a super badazz turnkey car for someone that will be there The car will be flourescent yellow ,orange ,flat black and dark red with a mclaren body on it. I have been working on it now for a few weeks and it is a carbon copy of my car except with a basic rally engine (260.00). I will post a pic of it when it is done.

I would love to make a Kyosho conversion but they are just so damn expensive/ I cant spend 700+ dollars just for R+D. I have come up with a pretty ingenious way of converting that only requires a minimal amount of machining on the stock chassis (maybe none)

Build it man. You have a lot of big K fans like myself that would love to see Kyosho back on the podiums nationwide except only at Floyd BENNET field in NYC ! The new race spec tranny from the evolva is pretty bulletproof ... I will be the 1st to buy a conversion kit from you. I already have an Mp9 and 4 IGT's with different setups lol !
Old 06-14-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Its all about thr Profit Kyosho has made a fortune off the old 7.5 buggy (very smart business) & adapting it to a GT and GT2 basically the same car just longer.

As your idea about a MP9 GT car the ship sailed years ago I know about half a dozen people that race GT that have "been there done that" with success.

I have to agree its a shame the original GT car (kyosho) has seen better days and doubt they will revamp it but there is always Hope

Serpent has the market for GT as of now & the Team C short chassis is getting better daily but you never know maybe we will see an XRAY in the future

I AGREE 100% !!!! All about the $$$$$$ ... I wold love to see X-ray build a gt8. Omg !!! I have an NT1 and love it !!!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Build it man. You have a lot of big K fans like myself that would love to see Kyosho back on the podiums nationwide except only at Floyd BENNET field in NYC ! The new race spec tranny from the evolva is pretty bulletproof ... I will be the 1st to buy a conversion kit from you. I already have an Mp9 and 4 IGT's with different setups lol !

Oh i would love to but there is that 700.00 kit price that is holding me back!
I have too many expensive projects already to fork out another grip for an R+D car, there are not a lot of locals that run Kyosho around here so i cant borrow one easily.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh i would love to but there is that 700.00 kit price that is holding me back!
I have too many expensive projects already to fork out another grip for an R+D car, there are not a lot of locals that run Kyosho around here so i cant borrow one easily.
Marcus,

I have a Kyosho Roller that I've been looking to sell. It's the perfect testing platform for ya. It has the long wheelbase stock chassis, the Max Velocity carbon fiber long chassis and Max Velocity upper deck carbon fiber pieces and currently has the Dragon Racing short chassis on it. It also comes with tons of spare parts and 3 Werks Racing pro clutch setups. Currently runs the OFNA 2 speed trans. Let me know if you're interested.

Regards,

Daniel
Old 06-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Marcus,

I have a Kyosho Roller that I've been looking to sell. It's the perfect testing platform for ya. It has the long wheelbase stock chassis, the Max Velocity carbon fiber long chassis and Max Velocity upper deck carbon fiber pieces and currently has the Dragon Racing short chassis on it. It also comes with tons of spare parts and 3 Werks Racing pro clutch setups. Currently runs the OFNA 2 speed trans. Let me know if you're interested.

Regards,

Daniel
I have a IGT already for my kid, I would like to make an MP conversion for those that already have the offroad buggy.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

I have a IGT already for my kid, I would like to make an MP conversion for those that already have the offroad buggy.

Yes Marcus...dont understand why after the MP9 has gotten so good with development, Kyosho should do an IGT3 spinoff from that chassis like everyone else (like serpent did)....smh...
Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Yes Marcus...dont understand why after the MP9 has gotten so good with development, Kyosho should do an IGT3 spinoff from that chassis like everyone else (like serpent did)....smh...
Tamiya and Kyosho do some of the craziest marketing strategies.......but they also make more money than everyone else combined