Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is a turbo SG crankshaft?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default What is a turbo SG crankshaft?

I ordered a Werks B6 for my DM1 1/7, but I think I changed my mind to a Novarossi Kappo 7 Rally. I'll just put the B6 on my LX2. My question is I'm making sure that the crankshaft on the Rally will be long enough for my 2speed clutch bell and I see it has a "turbo SG" crankshaft..... I've never heard of an SG crank that is also "turbo".

Anyone shed some light on it?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Lord

SG is the shape of the shaft, most racing engines do have this. It is a one piece shaft with a 5mm end tip to mount the clutchbell without adapters.

Turbo souds to me related to the turbo scoop in the rear wall of the crankshaft throwing arround the mixture into the crankcase.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roelof
SG is the shape of the shaft, most racing engines do have this. It is a one piece shaft with a 5mm end tip to mount the clutchbell without adapters.

Turbo souds to me related to the turbo scoop in the rear wall of the crankshaft throwing arround the mixture into the crankcase.
Makes sense to me. Hopefully this novarossi rally will settle me needs, I can't see spending $500 on an RC engine. I'd rather buy 2 $300 engines than 1 $600 engine.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://radiocontrol.wikia.com/wiki/Engines
Old 03-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I'm not seeing where the article mentions a "Turbo" SG crankshaft. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregUnd
I'm not seeing where the article mentions a "Turbo" SG crankshaft. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Greg
The "turbo" really doesn't mean anything as far as fit. It just means it has a scoop in the face of it. The only important part as far as fit goes is "SG" which nearly all motors for racing are now and the article does explain "SG" and include a photo.