Like Tree14Likes

Serpent 977 Viper

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 09:49 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghn-sp
Hi WAD, so wich tuning options do you suggest ?

GHN
I didn't get a chance to test them yet, since I only got the car and raced it right away. I will post when I test them to see what you need.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wad
I didn't get a chance to test them yet, since I only got the car and raced it right away. I will post when I test them to see what you need.
Thanks....I will be waiting your opinion.

GHN
Old 03-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

does this car use the same springs from the 966, 23mm in front and 27mm in rear?

which receiver pack fits?

Last edited by LOW ET; 03-31-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LOW ET
does this car use the same springs from the 966, 23mm in front and 27mm in rear?

Yes, same springs & battery
Old 03-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just finished assembling my car over the weekend, looks ace!

Originally Posted by LOW ET

Space is very limited as one side you have the fuel tank and the other side the long side belt. I found 5 cell NiMH pack easier to mount as it doesn't have the balancing wire that gets in the way of either the fuel tank or the belt.

Also, to remove the battery pack from the car to charge it is a pain as the side belt and exhaust pipe need to be removed to access the battery pack. With a NiMH pack, at least I can charge the battery with it still bolted onto the car. With a LiFe or LiPo pack, I found it very difficult to get to the balancing wire with the battery on the car.

I would like to hear how some of you mount your battery packs. Took me the better half of yesterday to get the wirings out of the way.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 977 Viper-475a3b311a9ae8292c127449119e0e94.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

We were able to use a lipo in the car and we charge it in the car. We used a 6" extension that we attached to the battery and routed it around the tank and through the slots in the radio tray. When we've had to remove the battery I simply remove the two screws, drop and tilt the battery out between the chassis and the belt. Since the lipo in thin enough there is plenty of room to do so. I hope this helps. Enjoy the ride it's great.

Originally Posted by peppernick
Just finished assembling my car over the weekend, looks ace! :nod

Space is very limited as one side you have the fuel tank and the other side the long side belt. I found 5 cell NiMH pack easier to mount as it doesn't have the balancing wire that gets in the way of either the fuel tank or the belt.

Also, to remove the battery pack from the car to charge it is a pain as the side belt and exhaust pipe need to be removed to access the battery pack. With a NiMH pack, at least I can charge the battery with it still bolted onto the car. With a LiFe or LiPo pack, I found it very difficult to get to the balancing wire with the battery on the car.

I would like to hear how some of you mount your battery packs. Took me the better half of yesterday to get the wirings out of the way.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by peppernick
Just finished assembling my car over the weekend, looks ace!

Balancing of lipo receiver packs is hardly ever nescessary. So you can charge in the car via the lead close to the rx box.

Balancing can then be done during the charge when you rebuild the car at home...

That's how I do it.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Julius
Balancing of lipo receiver packs is hardly ever nescessary. So you can charge in the car via the lead close to the rx box.

Balancing can then be done during the charge when you rebuild the car at home...

That's how I do it.
We do the same. The Xceed 105001 packs works perfect.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
The stinger is on the wrong end on those Hipex pipes
No, it looks awesome!

Just something to get used to, no big deal.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi there M7H.When I screw down the fuel tank all the way,this fuel tank still can move slightly... Isn't okay??
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by victor1997621
Hi there M7H.When I screw down the fuel tank all the way,this fuel tank still can move slightly... Isn't okay??
thats ok, the tank needs to sit "loose". otherwise the fuel in it will start to form foam, because of vibrations from the engine.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The big brown truck stopped at my house yesterday. Time to let the wrenches fly.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Did anyone have a problem with the servo saver binding when you put the upper graphite piece on it? Step 35. Thanks!!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up No problems with the servo saver binding

Originally Posted by Nitrojeff
Did anyone have a problem with the servo saver binding when you put the upper graphite piece on it? Step 35. Thanks!!
Hello Jeff. No problems at all.

In fact, the servo saver was super free and spun like a top with the carbon piece screwed down. Check that you: 1)screw the lower spring holder 902135 at least .5-.75mm screwed up past the lower thread so that the alum is not below the thread, 2) inserted the 6x10mm bearings completely, and 3) that the upper black plastic bushing 903569 is inserted completely as well. There should be no issues at all.

Paulie

Last edited by Paulie Bee; 04-06-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just finally got to drive the new car and It is really impressive. Out of the box with the box stock setup and on the first full power run I am with in 2 tenths of my old car. The kit went together with ease no problems what so ever. serpent has built a really amazing car, to anyone on the fence about this you will not be disappointed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.