Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaotickc
So whats the 1pc. engine mount of choice here guys?
Kawahara
Old 05-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The Kyosho mount fits perfectly and is a good quality piece.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaotickc
So whats the 1pc. engine mount of choice here guys?
The new SKYLINE one piece mount.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Your MTX-4 use which brand name tire , shore & which off set wheel ?

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well guys went to kissimmee raceway and I had some fear for the 2nd gear spur. Sure enough after a few tanks the 2nd gear spur became very silvery and was pretty much near wearing completely out.

Not good and very unhappy about this. I figure if anyone would survive this it would be me due to all my option parts ive purchaed to help this as well as the car being so lightweight. Im pretty sad too my jlr red dot ended up tuning out like a piece of crap and im pretty sure something is wrong with the gastank.

Not a good day at all for me. I almost feel like getting out of the hobby for awhile. Especially after a few other events that have been happening to me this week.

Id probably go and get that nt1 , but it sounds like its also a dud. Leaving me really no where to go. Ill see how long I can deal with this 2nd gear spur issue. Looks like im about to go buy a bulk pack of spurs.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Looks like im about to go buy a bulk pack of spurs.
thats all what i do i get the 3racing ones for like $2:50 each i know every one says that they are no good stick with the stock mugen one but the way i see it is if your striping gear's anyway its better off striping the cheapos in stead of the top dollar spurs
Old 05-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

id just like to add that ive never had a striping problem for no reason every time ive striped a gear it's something ive done or a result of some thing else ie,

Havnt put thread lock on the engine mounts and the engine has lifted off the mount from the engines torque.
Striped a rear belt and as a result striped the spur.
Crashed.
Didnt set the mesh properly.
and i run a 17/59 first and 23/52 second its not the ideal combo

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 05-22-2007 at 04:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
id just like to add that ive never had a striping problem for no reason every time ive striped a gear it's something ive done or a result of some thing else ie
Let me ask...are you running a 0neway or a spool? I too am having this same problem of stripping 2nd( I am running a spool). But......I must say I went through about 8 tanks or so with a oneway and it never came close to looking like it was stripping. I wonder if these cars get too much traction on some tracks....and the spurs is the weakest point and lets go??

Just an idea....
Old 05-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

I run a spool as well.

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 05-22-2007 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Im running spool. It seems big grippy tracks eat up spurs like candy. Only thing thats treating me well is my Futaba FASST system. Thats the only thing thats keeping me sane right now.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Well guys went to kissimmee raceway and I had some fear for the 2nd gear spur. Sure enough after a few tanks the 2nd gear spur became very silvery and was pretty much near wearing completely out.

Not good and very unhappy about this. I figure if anyone would survive this it would be me due to all my option parts ive purchaed to help this as well as the car being so lightweight. Im pretty sad too my jlr red dot ended up tuning out like a piece of crap and im pretty sure something is wrong with the gastank.

Not a good day at all for me. I almost feel like getting out of the hobby for awhile. Especially after a few other events that have been happening to me this week.

Id probably go and get that nt1 , but it sounds like its also a dud. Leaving me really no where to go. Ill see how long I can deal with this 2nd gear spur issue. Looks like im about to go buy a bulk pack of spurs.
Have you tried the new hardened pinions our new MTX4R has probably had about 2 litres of running and the pinons still look brand new put for a few stone nicks. Went through about 4 old spurs in the MTX3 yesterday though - but I know that was a worn pinion ad it cleaned out the old stuff.

I've heard one other theory too that if your clutch is slipping the heat can cause the stripping.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShrekNZ
Have you tried the new hardened pinions our new MTX4R has probably had about 2 litres of running and the pinons still look brand new put for a few stone nicks. Went through about 4 old spurs in the MTX3 yesterday though - but I know that was a worn pinion ad it cleaned out the old stuff.

I've heard one other theory too that if your clutch is slipping the heat can cause the stripping.
I guess im going to have to give them a try. Im sure they should help. Im also pondering if another 2 speed system from another car might work....
Old 05-20-2007, 08:21 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone have setups or setup suggestions for a small, technical, very bumpy asphalt track with medium or a bit better traction?

The bumps make it tough, and I've had the most luck with no swaybars as a result. Any other ideas for dealing with the bumps?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Purple springs , lower # shock oil , bigger tire diameters.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

id try Fukuda's SPL setup
this is the track

Originally Posted by JKA
Anyone have setups or setup suggestions for a small, technical, very bumpy asphalt track with medium or a bit better traction?

The bumps make it tough, and I've had the most luck with no swaybars as a result. Any other ideas for dealing with the bumps?
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.