Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was told my Mugen that the Kawahara bodies had been submitted to ROAR, but I don't know if they will be approved before the Winternats.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Btw, who else distributes/retails the Kawahara bodies besides MugenRacing?
Old 12-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default Centex Clutch Adjustment

Hi everyone!

May i know what is the suitable adjustment(e.g. type of clutch spring,adjustment nut length,type of clutch shoe and clutch bell clearance)on a huge and open track and on a small and tight track?
Old 12-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

no one other than mugen brings the kawahara bodys over seas.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I also have been told that some Kawahara body(ies) have been submitted for approval. They are not on the approved list, but it is possible that the list has not been updated. I will find out from Mugen and let you guys know.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MTX4
Hi everyone!

May i know what is the suitable adjustment(e.g. type of clutch spring,adjustment nut length,type of clutch shoe and clutch bell clearance)on a huge and open track and on a small and tight track?
Here's a good starting point:

Super hard spring
9.35mm from the top of the shaft to the nut
Gray shoes
Lightened centifugal shoes
.4mm gap

OR

JP spring
9.1mm from the top of the shaft to the nut
Gray shoes (red clutch shoes with JP aluminum bell)
Lightened centifugal shoes
.4mm gap

As for the different tracks, too many variables; length, traction, 2-speed shifting point, etc. Try these first and adjust as needed.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Drove my car yesterday for the first time. Overall I like the car. Traction was low but still the car was much more managable to drive than my V-One RRR under similar conditions. I'm going to give the car a full rundown today. It's a litle lazy compared to the Kyosho but I think that suits my driving style better cause I'm not that smooth of a driver.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Drove my car yesterday for the first time. Overall I like the car. Traction was low but still the car was much more managable to drive than my V-One RRR under similar conditions. I'm going to give the car a full rundown today. It's a litle lazy compared to the Kyosho but I think that suits my driving style better cause I'm not that smooth of a driver.
Congratulations !!!

hehehe..... the gang got bigger
Old 12-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

I checked with Mugen regarding Kawahara bodies. At this time the bodies have already been submitted for approval, but Kris does not think they have been approved as of yet. He said Mike would probably know for sure but Mike is not in today.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I gave my MTX4 a full rundown too. The car seems to be VERY stable(stratus 3.1). I will have to find a way to get more steering without breaking rear traction to compete with the RRR. The track was very low traction. I think it will be better in high traction.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Uriah:

What setup do you have on your car. I may be able to give you a few suggestions. Also, do you need more on power steering, off power, or both.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Uriah:

What setup do you have on your car. I may be able to give you a few suggestions. Also, do you need more on power steering, off power, or both.
The car had a bad off power push, and slightly loose on power. When I tried to push the car on power it breaks loose. I think this is mostly due to low traction.

I am using 37's all around.
rear hinge pins all the way down(I usually use this with low traction, up for high traction)
front pins all the way down
30K rear diff oil
kit shock springs
600 wt shock oil
no shims under camber link rear---middle hole inboard camber link
rear camber -3.5---2.0 front
-3 rear toe
-1 front toe
23 tooth pulley
I will play with it more when I get to FT Myers(high traction)

Basically a stock setup, any suggestion are appreciated.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Another time here.... (Oh noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hi all:

Long time without posting (just after WNats '04), but still see many well known ones.

Two weeks ago unpacked another time y '3' and gave some tanks and noticed there's a '4' there and said.... Need one now!

Anyway... Have some pieces for the car (in fact I'll pickup tomorrow of the store). Teflon brake pads and one brake rotor (Ennetti rotor). Heard of the blue brake pads... anyone uses them? what's on them regarding the black ones?

Sheeeesh! that thread game me some hard time reading the 95 pages of posts, taken some notes for the forthcoming build. Show pictures in next days.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Hi all:

Long time without posting (just after WNats '04), but still see many well known ones.

Two weeks ago unpacked another time y '3' and gave some tanks and noticed there's a '4' there and said.... Need one now!

Anyway... Have some pieces for the car (in fact I'll pickup tomorrow of the store). Teflon brake pads and one brake rotor (Ennetti rotor). Heard of the blue brake pads... anyone uses them? what's on them regarding the black ones?

Sheeeesh! that thread game me some hard time reading the 95 pages of posts, taken some notes for the forthcoming build. Show pictures in next days.
Hey Alfonso, long time no see buddy!! Catch you on MSN perhaps!?!
Old 12-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grinder
The car had a bad off power push, and slightly loose on power. When I tried to push the car on power it breaks loose. I think this is mostly due to low traction.

I am using 37's all around.
rear hinge pins all the way down(I usually use this with low traction, up for high traction)
front pins all the way down
30K rear diff oil
kit shock springs
600 wt shock oil
no shims under camber link rear---middle hole inboard camber link
rear camber -3.5---2.0 front
-3 rear toe
-1 front toe
23 tooth pulley
I will play with it more when I get to FT Myers(high traction)

Basically a stock setup, any suggestion are appreciated.
Have you tried 10-15k in the rear diff? That should help the off power push and on power oversteer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.