R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Mugen MTX-4 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/65718-mugen-mtx-4-a.html)

Carl Giordano 07-01-2005 10:56 AM

its a little MRX-4......... :D

JLock 07-01-2005 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
its a little MRX-4......... :D

Not quite, but it would have been nice if Mugen did design it the same as the big car.

Seisick 07-02-2005 05:50 AM

whoaa! finally a cad pic!
hopefully not late let's see if mugen pleases my wish list for this coming mtx4.
cvas at least on the front
3 post mount on the screw that goes over the steering bearing.
left side brace
machine aluminun mounts with 4mm hole, if not at least 3x10 on 3mm hole.
tank flatter (the pic already confirms it) and will let use 2/3 aa similiar to rrr's, which is great, 1400 mah might be used.
all this on $380 and lower! yeah! got myself a cristmas present!

dangles 07-08-2005 02:42 AM

not sure if its just me but on the rhs bulkhead there are 2 screws which screw straight down that are not holding the top plate. could this be an easy to remove diff???

penggoy 07-08-2005 08:48 AM

Can we upgrade our MTX-3 to MTX-4? or is this a completely new car and parts are not interchangeable.

Derby Bros Racing 07-08-2005 09:49 AM

yeah the front end looks like the 710 with easy to remove diffs. if that's the case, that'll be great!! i hope the rear is easy to remove also.

Riketsu 07-08-2005 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by penggoy
Can we upgrade our MTX-3 to MTX-4? or is this a completely new car and parts are not interchangeable.

Im hoping this is possible. Even if it costs $100 to do so. There are some racers that can't keep changing cars each time a new one comes in the market. Reason why I choose Mugen, cuz they make good stuff that doesn't need to be changed in a while.

gonzoY5 07-08-2005 10:27 AM

Well it has been at least 3 years since the 3 came out. I doubt there will be an upgrade if their history hasn't shown this.

Perez 07-08-2005 10:35 AM

it looks just like the old one

Riketsu 07-08-2005 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by gonzoY5
Well it has been at least 3 years since the 3 came out. I doubt there will be an upgrade if their history hasn't shown this.

Hopefully they will make new history with this one. :sneaky:

Two-speed 07-08-2005 11:39 AM

They FINALLY centered the fuel tank! I don't know why, but that always bugged me.

The only upgrade Mugen offered in the past was the MBX4-RR to MBX4-XR conversion, which were very minor changes.

Hopefully some Prospec parts will work, i.e. universals, titanium pieces, hubs, bearings, gears, clutch parts, brake disk, fuel tubing :weird: etc.

Derby Bros Racing 07-08-2005 11:41 AM

fuel tubing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seisick 07-08-2005 04:38 PM

I donīt know about you guys, but if having easy removable diff on both front and rears sacrifice rigidity and knowing how tough mugens are, I prefer not!
at least if the are like the ones on the 710s, they kind of move and canīt stand an impact like mugen

rcabj 07-09-2005 08:53 PM

this is my wild guess on what will be the changes... :blush: ;)

1. lower cg
2. rear ball diff
3. smaler clutch bell
4. smaller/lighter 2speed system
5. shorter length for the uj's
6. different gear ratio's
7. easy diff removal
8. and as obvious from the pics...centered fuel tank , also looks like the shock spriing coil a bit less... :sneaky: :D :ha:

about the battery if they change it to the normal AA type , so additional weight... :cry: :tire: :blush: :D

Riketsu 07-09-2005 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by rcabj
this is my wild guess on what will be the changes... :blush: ;)

1. lower cg
2. rear ball diff
3. smaler clutch bell
4. smaller/lighter 2speed system
5. shorter length for the uj's
6. different gear ratio's
7. easy diff removal
8. and as obvious from the pics...centered fuel tank , also looks like the shock spriing coil a bit less... :sneaky: :D :ha:

about the battery if they change it to the normal AA type , so additional weight... :cry: :tire: :blush: :D

I dont like ball diffs. I have never had problem with MTX-3's differentials. And I have have had bad experiences with ball diffs on other cars. Probably the 0.8mm gear ratios will become the standard ones. Also a tad-bit longer CVD/Dogbones so I dont have to use fuel tubing to keep it where it should be. Hopefully for the steering links they will use a large screw with nuts after it goes through the ball cup.