Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help With Checking If My New Engine Works

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 03:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Need Help With Checking If My New Engine Works

How do i check if the OS .15 CV-X Pullstart Engine is even working. Because I pull the pullstart and it does not even move it just stays thir. The flywheel does move but it does not start. The glow plug does work and the glow plug ignitor also works but the engine does not seem to turn on so How do i check if the Engine is working or is a working one.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

well do u know if it is getting any fule ?
Old 07-08-2002, 05:59 PM
Tech Rookie

will i prime it and then i see the fuel going in then I try to start it and it won't start
Old 07-08-2002, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

take your air filter off and open the carbie to full throttel and prime it and if u see a fule coming out of the jet u should be fine if not that the prob could be the needle valve being in tooo far

if there isnt any fule coming out of the jet unscew the needel valve till u can see fule coming out of the jet then try and start it

Last edited by Brett; 07-08-2002 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

the one way on the pullstart might be slipping, if it does it can take a really long time to start the car! when you are pulling and it pulls it easy it might be the one way, if it is, then take the pullstart assembly and clean the shaft and the one way and put some diff oil on it, to extend it's life.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:46 PM
Tech Chat Moderator

Well before you try to start it again, take off your pull starter and take out the one-way bearing. dont remove anything else from the pull starter housing cuz it isnt fun to winde the spring up. You can use denatured alchahol or anything thing that can clean oil. I think you can even use nitro fuel but that cost money . After u clean the one-way bearing assemble the pull starter to the engine and recheck your plug to see if it is "glowing". after that reinstall it and prime till the fuel gets to the carb then once more. Then try to start. If it still doesnt start, hold the throttle open SLIGHTLY. If all of that fails take to your local hobby shop . I hope this helps. I have the same engine in my t-maxx and the one-way bearing does get dirty sometimes.