Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
That’s interesting because the 23T and 24T aren’t discontinued! Perhaps serpent think everyone uses Sanwa servos lol.
Contacted serpent directly- lack of demand. I would assume eventually the 23 and 24 tooth versions will disappear too. I'll just buy online from a shop with stocks. Found a few.
dan_vector likes this.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cilal
Contacted serpent directly- lack of demand. I would assume eventually the 23 and 24 tooth versions will disappear too. I'll just buy online from a shop with stocks. Found a few.
Told ya....
Old 11-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Not discontinued, just a re-designd 2 piece part.
It isn't discontinued and remains an option on the v3.1 car. Who told you that it is discontinued? By the way I used the stock plastic arm for quite a while and never had an issue with it but upgraded to the alu when I built a new 3.0 at the start of last season.

Desoto have them in stock:

https://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/...2&cat=0&page=1

Last edited by petersen114; 06-08-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Which inserts should I use to set my rear toe in to 2deg?
Old 11-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Which inserts should I use to set my rear toe in to 2deg?
Follow this table:

http://www.serpent.com/file.php?FileID=5165

4 IN.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Dan
evox88 and dan_vector like this.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Anybody tried the Samix carbon radio tray/upper deck? A friend has one and has said he can give it to me. Dunno if it's worth the hassle to set it up or get it right, or if it's not worth my time. I personally thought the original plastic one was pretty decent.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Anybody tried the Samix carbon radio tray/upper deck? A friend has one and has said he can give it to me. Dunno if it's worth the hassle to set it up or get it right, or if it's not worth my time. I personally thought the original plastic one was pretty decent.
If you're a bling bling kinda guy I would immediately buy it.....
Old 11-20-2017, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wkloppen
If you're a bling bling kinda guy I would immediately buy it.....
Haha!! No money involved with this one. Hand-me-down that he doesn't use.
To me I think with the battery pack or receiver pack being mounted further forwards means less weight in line with the engine. Therefore less balance? I dunno- doesn't seem like something I would need. Unless somebody has noted a performance upgrade from it?
Old 11-20-2017, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

No! The Samix carbon tray messes up the way the chassis flexes and makes the car uneven and only stiff on one side. I have it. Tried it and took it off. Not worth the hassle. Sure it looks good but trust me it isn't a good change. I have a spare new one in the bag if you really want it!
Old 11-22-2017, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey if anyone is interested in a GT 3.0, I have one for sale, its brand new assembled (never run) with tons of NIP parts. The class just died at my track, concentrating on 1/5 scale and 1/8 scale. My lost your gain. I can also do a ARTR, new motor, pipe/header and servos (all new, never used!)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-0-roller.html

Comes with: (All Parts NIP)
811 kit
Extra sprigs
Extra arms (frt & rear)
Diff Case Spacer (frt & rear)
Sway Bar (2.7 & 3.0)
Optional Disk Brake
Optional Disk Plate
Pinion (23 & 18)
Old 11-23-2017, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

No! The Samix carbon tray messes up the way the chassis flexes and makes the car uneven and only stiff on one side. I have it. Tried it and took it off. Not worth the hassle. Sure it looks good but trust me it isn't a good change. I have a spare new one in the bag if you really want it!
Must Be why he's giving it away then. I won't be taking it!
dan_vector likes this.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default Rear body support body post distance

Gents,

Does anybody know whether the rear body support, not the standard small one but the wide one, from the IGT8 has exactly the same distance between the body post holes as the Serpent GT?
reason im asking... I have a nice Fina McLaren which I don't want to f**k up with extra holes

Old 11-23-2017, 01:49 AM
Tech Elite

Must Be why he's giving it away then. I won't be taking it!
Yeah. Got to admit it does look really nice on the car just a shame it doesn’t work on track!
Old 11-26-2017, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Just put some spare diffs in the car, brand new ones, at different cst values for ease of changing from thicker to thinner diff oils. Noticed gears are 'catching' and slightly 'grinding' (not grinding literally but can feel it struggling to get through parts of the rotation). It sounds like too close together the spur and pinion. Too many shims do you think? It's not bad, doesn't sound like anything to raise alarm bells over. I just wanna get it right before I run it with these diffs. Should I race it as is, and give it time to 'break in' or should I remove a shim or two now? It's particularly noticeable when turning wheel hex with my finger (car assembled) but no 2 speed and dog bones attached, hence why I can feel front and rear both doing it. With tyres attached and I turn them it feel like not much at all (I guess more leverage due to wheel size).

What's the best way to adjust or know how tight or loose the spur and pinion are? Especially when diff is new? As for the diffs themselves I filled them to just above the gears and they sound and feel fine. So it's definitely gear mesh or spur and pinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.