Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My birthday wish is going to come true. Thank the RC gods that my birthday is next month and convinced the wife I need another hole in my head like I need another RC car. Might get my car ordered today if all goes as planned!

I have a Novarossi keep off 7 that should work well. Just need to decide on pipe and header combo now.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by invrtd
My birthday wish is going to come true. Thank the RC gods that my birthday is next month and convinced the wife I need another hole in my head like I need another RC car. Might get my car ordered today if all goes as planned!

I have a Novarossi keep off 7 that should work well. Just need to decide on pipe and header combo now.
For GT the most popular pipe is the 9886 with a 41019 header. If you are looking for a little more grunt than get the 41019C header.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Novarossi is redoing the jigs that make the conical headers so currently they are out of stock. It will be awhile before they make 41019-C header again. Just a FYI for you guys out there......
Old 05-26-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are any of you guys having trouble steering? Not so much as turning radius but with steering servos. I've gone thru two servos in my mains, a ko response and a rp green. Is there a servo set-up I just don't know about yet? I just never had this issue before with my k-car in the three years I've ran it.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Are any of you guys having trouble steering? Not so much as turning radius but with steering servos. I've gone thru two servos in my mains, a ko response and a rp green. Is there a servo set-up I just don't know about yet? I just never had this issue before with my k-car in the three years I've ran it.
I haven't had issues with steering but I have on throttle. I would pay very close attention to your EPA. That's how I was killing throttle servos, they would hit the radio tray and fry. Is the steering system free? I also noticed if you adjust some links too far they bind up.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Pulled the trigger! My GT is ordered! Hope to have it by thursday! I guess I will have to update my signature block.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Pulled the trigger! My GT is ordered! Hope to have it by thursday! I guess I will have to update my signature block.
Friday build day at my house! Build GT, load up the Buggy and Truggy for racing Friday night! Saturday morning its GT time! Oh man the life Lol.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
I haven't had issues with steering but I have on throttle. I would pay very close attention to your EPA. That's how I was killing throttle servos, they would hit the radio tray and fry. Is the steering system free? I also noticed if you adjust some links too far they bind up.
No binding on the linkage. Will check end points. Servos aren't cheap.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Nice... see you in LA!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Newbie question: on the set up sheets for the offset of the inserts for the front hingepins, where they are marked up or down, is that the pin location or the offset ?( if marked down, with a 3 insert, is it pin down or offset down? ) currently have 3s on front of arm with pin down/ offset lobe up, and 0s on the back bracket (front arms).

thankx
Old 05-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=KR145;13295498]Newbie question: on the set up sheets for the offset of the inserts for the front hingepins, where they are marked up or down, is that the pin location or the offset ?( if marked down, with a 3 insert, is it pin down or offset down? ) currently have 3s on front of arm with pin down/ offset lobe up, and 0s on the back bracket (front arms).

thankx[/QUOTE

I think I follow you here... When the sheet says 3up that means the hole is in the up position. 3 is the insert number and up down in or out is the hole orientation.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=TerribleTy;13296769 I think I follow you here... When the sheet says 3up that means the hole is in the up position. 3 is the insert number and up down in or out is the hole orientation.[/QUOTE]

You followed me,thankx. I was assuming that,but wanted to double check.

Going thru the diffs , putting the V2 gears in them, is there anything special to do for them or just slap the new parts in the diff and use thicker oils ?

Getting ready for our 3hr Enduro Saturday.
Should be a good way to used this class and alot of fun.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KR145

Going thru the diffs , putting the V2 gears in them, is there anything special to do for them or just slap the new parts in the diff and use thicker oils ?

Slap them in with no shims. And bump the diff oil up to aprox 400-80
Old 05-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KR145

For Timezone I'd start with 300K front 40k Rear. You can go up from there if you want but this will probably feel pretty good.

Remember no shims inside the diff, the latest version is a nice improvement and feel much better on the track. Enjoy!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
For Timezone I'd start with 300K front 40k Rear. You can go up from there if you want but this will probably feel pretty good.

Remember no shims inside the diff, the latest version is a nice improvement and feel much better on the track. Enjoy!
thankx Ty. Got the Steed Prepped. Tommorow is Judgement Day Our 3hr Enduro is on. I will be the lone Cobra against an Ofna Army

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.