Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

3. I was surprised to see that the two speed is not adjustable without taking it apart (the spur covers the holes). Did I do something wrong?

4. Paolo's clutch setup says 2 alum shoes 2 carbon and soft springs. Use soft springs on all shoes?

Thanks,

Troy[/quote]

2 speed needs a hyper fettled tool to hit the hole right plus a tiny bit of dremeling in the right spot on the gear and drum.

#4 = yup.................

Jacko
Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
3. I was surprised to see that the two speed is not adjustable without taking it apart (the spur covers the holes). Did I do something wrong?

4. Paolo's clutch setup says 2 alum shoes 2 carbon and soft springs. Use soft springs on all shoes?

Thanks,

Troy
2 speed needs a hyper fettled tool to hit the hole right plus a tiny bit of dremeling in the right spot on the gear and drum.

#4 = yup.................

Jacko[/QUOTE]

You can use harder spring on aluminum shoe but not on carbon shoe. They are too light
Old 05-18-2013, 05:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
Almost done, I am down to shocks and electronics. I am very happy with the quality and fit but have a couple of questions. I made the following upgrades as I built the kit: Alum two speed bulkheads, steel vented discs kit, hard steering spring, +2 rear hexes, -1 front hexes, and alum servo arms. I also have all the springs and the anti-roll bars from Paolo's setups.

Do I need the 0 degree alum steering blocks?
Are there plastic 0 degree steering blocks available?
Is there anything I am missing?

As far as the build:
1. If I fully tighten the front diff housing it seems to clamp down and bind the diff. If I back of a bit it's free but when I screw the front end to the chassis is starts to bind it a bit as well. Solution? Just break it in and check?

2. With Paolo's setup the turnbuckles and rod ends seem to be at there limit. The 0 degree front hubs would help this. Just leave it or are you modify them?

Thanks,

Troy
Troy

as for the binding in the diffs.. i had the same issue. i had to go in and take out the shims that the insturctions tell you to put in between the bearing and the front and rear gear drives. In the book its one of the first things you do. With the new diffs you dont need the shims and it makes the mesh off a bit that causes a bit of binding. I think they changed the insturctions but some of the kits still have the old photos. I just built the kit too so i had the same problem.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent Cobra GT-shims.jpg  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

im looking for more turn in! my track is tight turns no real long sweeping turns. im running the 0* front knuckles with 10* c hubs and 0 bushings in the hinge pin braces....anything i can do thanks
Old 05-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1966ss
im looking for more turn in! my track is tight turns no real long sweeping turns. im running the 0* front knuckles with 10* c hubs and 0 bushings in the hinge pin braces....anything i can do thanks
1-Lay down the front shocks.
2-try using the 2.3 front sway bar

That will help you to get more steering or turn in.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What about track with? Wide rear narrow front promotes turn in correct? Or am I'm wrong?
Old 05-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1966ss
What about track with? Wide rear narrow front promotes turn in correct? Or am I'm wrong?
Yes... By making te car narrow in the front the car will react faster.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just came back from the Midwest Series Race #1 in Toledo, OH. My Serpent Cobra GT performed flawlessly over the weekend. TQ'ed and 1st place finish for the GT class.

Last edited by bassman2; 05-21-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Got to see Andy and the Cobra in action this weekend. Very impressive. Time for a new body on that ride though.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bassman2
Just came back from the Midwest Series Race #1 in Toledo, OH. My Serpent Cobra GT performed flawlessly over the weekend. TQ'ed and 1st place finish for the GT class.

.Hey Andi, great racing with you hopefully I can have my issues solved before the byrons race, I was coming for you in the main, but to bad I fried my steering servo, but I do now why now and that wont happen again. see you at the next race.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrod
.Hey Andi, great racing with you hopefully I can have my issues solved before the byrons race, I was coming for you in the main, but to bad I fried my steering servo, but I do now why now and that wont happen again. see you at the next race.
What flavour servo dumped and what will you replace it with now that Andy's bought all the Radio Post 2207Ms ?? (hahahaha)

Jacko
Old 05-22-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Ah and here I was looking for Andy and the KOPROPO Grand Prix, glad to see you are doing well man. Serpent put on one heck of a show down in LA, driven by the master himself Paulo the Cobra easily had the field. He had to come into the pits late in the race to have Paulie D clean the windshield and grill too lol. Although the GT class was very light in LA it was still fun.

We also had one heck of a durability demonstration by my dad Marv Jacobs. Contact was made with the straight away boards and it sent them out in front of him 3/4 of the way down the straight. With no where to go and no time to react the Cobra was airborn tumbling and then sliding to a stop. In the pits I was preparing for war expecting to have to replace parts. He limped it in with a single body clip left in place. 5 seconds later he was on the track with a full tank and a new body clip. The final stop I got all 4 clips on and we finished the race 5th. Nothing wrong with the car just a little character on his already full of character body

You cant touch the Cobra GT
Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What would it take to convert a Serpent s811 2.0 to a Cobra GT?

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by masher81

Thanks!
It's easier to buy the kit.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by masher81

Thanks!
It better to buy the kit since even the chassis is different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.