Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default On-Road Fuel Nationals report

First, an immense thanks to John Lee from Sweep Racing USA. Without you I could not have done it, period. You not only provided me with incredible support but also did an amazing job in the pits. Thanks to you I have my first National race in the books. I am very grateful and this was an incredible experience for me.

I would like to thank TeamC USA for their support in the GT8 class. Special thanks to RCShox, who provided me with the perfect parts to make the car handle so great and reach great speed! With the ball bearing Ackermann bar, the light weight/low rise shock towers and the gear conversion the car is simply a beast!!!

Big thanks to my friend Courtney who loaned me his motor for me to use as a backup. I ended up using it for both my mains. Your mill ran perfectly throughout all the runs.

So I arrived on Wednesday afternoon, first controlled practice day. The day was almost over but there was one session left. I quickly started my car and practiced for a few minutes. Car felt really good and I just cruised around the track to get a feel of the layout. Fort Myers is a narrow, tight track but fun to drive on. The EXP 45 Sweep tires were super fast and the tire wear was ridiculously low.
Thursday was seeding practice. Had 3 practice sessions and seeded somewhere in the middle of the A pace. I was pretty confident in my car and driving.
Qualifiers started Friday (3 rounds) and I realized that my engine was consuming too much fuel and I couldn't do 7 minutes. So my first run was stopped by running out of fuel. Decided to stop for fuel for my second qualifier and put in a safe but slow run. Competition was very tight and my overall pace was just not there. For the third qualifier I setup my car for runtime and the run started pretty good but during the last minute I made contact with another car. My car flipped and it took time to be marshaled and I flamed. John restarted in no time but I had already lost too much time. Saturday was 2 qualifiers and lower mains. I was unable to get a good run in the first. I swapped engines, decided to use Courtneys’ stock engine. Ran it in the last qualifier and we tuned it there. I qualified in the B, scheduled to be run in the afternoon.
For the B our plan was to run a safe and clean run. I drove a clean race and the engine ran perfectly. My friend Rich D pitted with John Lee. They were doing perfect pit stops, getting me in and out in 4 to 5 seconds. We won the B with a lap on the field. 
I was beyond happy, as I had been struggling for 3 days and finally got a good run.
The Amain final was scheduled for Sunday afternoon. I started 9th on the grid. Our plan was to run clean and try to move up gradually. The race started good and pretty quick I was in 3rd. But I was driving too conservatively and ended 5th.
This was such an amazing experience and I learned a lot! Being in the B was a blessing in disguise because I got to win a race AND run the final too.
It was a great opportunity to have conversations with seasonal racers that have been racing for years and I brought some great racing tips home.

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 11-06-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,
What tyres besides Sweep are available...

Hi Marcus what rubber tyres do you use and have you used the Team C rubber tyres?

Regards Rob
Old 11-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rptech1
Hi guys,
What tyres besides Sweep are available...

Hi Marcus what rubber tyres do you use and have you used the Team C rubber tyres?

Regards Rob

I run Alpha

Tony and i have both used the teamC tires and they are pretty good, work well in medium temps and last along time, Really work well on unprepped tracks.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Marcus,
Thank you for the feed back, appreciated

What shore hardness
Do you use tyre warmers, what brand
Do you use tyre traction compound
Who is the manufacture of Alpha tyres
Old 11-26-2014, 05:21 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Marcus,
Thank you for the feed back, appreciated

What shore hardness
Do you use tyre warmers, what brand
Do you use tyre traction compound
Who is the manufacture of Alpha tyres
Soft work everywhere, ultra soft if its cold,
No need for warmers or compound, they work right out of the bag.
Alpha is the mfg, you can get them at serpent america
Old 11-28-2014, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Marcus,

Sorry what country are Alpha tyres manufactured in

Regards Rob
Old 11-28-2014, 05:41 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Marcus,

Regards Rob
I have no idea where they are made!!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hi Marcus,

Regards Rob
I believe they are manufactured in Brazil.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:31 AM
afm
Tech Master

Hi Marcus,

Regards Rob
Brasil by Marcos Silva

AFM
Old 12-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by autisticmoose8
cool looking car man
Thanks!
Old 12-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Default New TeamC GT8 for 2015

Hi all I am glad to announce that we have a new car in the works and should have a first prototype soon...
Old 01-05-2015, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Has any one tried the Serpent 0 Degree Castor block (Alu') They look as though they may fit our car .......
Any one know if they do?

Regards
BM
Old 01-05-2015, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by British Menace
Has any one tried the Serpent 0 Degree Castor block (Alu') They look as though they may fit our car .......
Any one know if they do?

Regards
BM
Even if it would fit you do not want 0 caster, car would be undriveable!
Team c front arms have zero kick up
Old 01-05-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Even if it would fit you do not want 0 caster, car would be undriveable!
Team c front arms have zero kick up
I know what you mean Marcus but I have a 5 degree kick up on the car..... so in essence it will end up still having 5 degree of caster.

Have you tried fitting them Marcus .... do they not fit? It will save me making them if they do. :-)

Regards
BM
Old 01-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by British Menace
I know what you mean Marcus but I have a 5 degree kick up on the car..... so in essence it will end up still having 5 degree of caster.

Have you tried fitting them Marcus .... do they not fit? It will save me making them if they do. :-)

Regards
BM
Hi BM! I agree with Marcus, even with total 5 degrees the car will be difficult to drive. Touring 190mm cars often have around 4 degrees of caster but even if the dynamics and fundamentals are the same in theory, they are so much lighter and react so much faster in the corners...

On another hand the new car that's currently in the works will have around 10 degrees of kickup. So a 0 degree hub will definitely be appreciated until we come up with a TeamC one! Actually I think that a 3 or 4 degree hub will be a must, for a total of 13 or 14 degree caster...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.