Wiki Posts
Search

what is the best .21 starter box and why

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default what is the best .21 starter box and why

im looking to buy a new starter box , i have a kyosho evo m3 so what should i look for in a box i have a mugen box now but it takes to long to line up the car and it gave out on me this past weekend and can you get parts for the box
Old 09-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The Mugen box is the best. Yes you can get parts for it. If you are having line up problems, you need to adjust its set-up.

What happened to yours?
Old 09-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

Mugen box with a 4cell lipo battery. Make sure your wheel is not to small. If the wheel s small in diamter and do not have a new one locally. Use 3-5mm shims on the motor unit to raise it up. Remove the top deck from the box to align the box perfectly to your chassis. Everyoen I know who has been racing for many years with Kyoshos, mugens, serpents all use the mugen box. So if you are having issues starting your car then you need to re-align the chassis or get yourself a new wheel and 4cel lipo battery.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
The Mugen box is the best. Yes you can get parts for it. If you are having line up problems, you need to adjust its set-up.
+1 Best way to set up a starter box is before you build the kit just use the bare chassis to set up the stops. I ran the Mugen box with Kyosho Evolva with no issues. Belts and rubber wheels are available for Mugen and motors are interchangable. I have never seen a listing for any other parts but I have never had a request either?

Last edited by rpoage; 09-03-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

I look for a box with a 700 series motor and single belt reduction drive. Simple and effective. Never been much of a fan of multiple 540 motors and multiple belt reduction drives.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 2056dennis
im looking to buy a new starter box , i have a kyosho evo m3 so what should i look for in a box i have a mugen box now but it takes to long to line up the car and it gave out on me this past weekend and can you get parts for the box
I've been using the Hudy Star Box with my M3 evo. Quite happy with it, always plenty of power for starting....although I am using two 2 cell lipos...and it's half the size of the Mugen box (good if you like to minimize spatial constraints for transport).

As everyone knows, you must ensure that the chassis is properly aligned with the provided pegs to have consistent, easy, fast results.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default starter box

Originally Posted by mhavlena
I've been using the Hudy Star Box with my M3 evo. Quite happy with it, always plenty of power for starting....although I am using two 2 cell lipos...and it's half the size of the Mugen box (good if you like to minimize spatial constraints for transport).

As everyone knows, you must ensure that the chassis is properly aligned with the provided pegs to have consistent, easy, fast results.
well i did not get the pegs as you call them to help out in that but im looking for a better way to set it up as well
Old 09-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here you go.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-box-lipo.html
Old 09-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASON MAC
That's a screaming deal for someone!
Old 09-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

+1 on Robert's post. I have both the Hudy and Mugen box on 4 cell lipo and either one will easily start a new .21. I spent time with a bare chassis getting the posts to align well. Now, anyone (aka my random pit guy) can simply place the car on the starter and push down to fire it up every time.