Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Darkseid
I've been looking at getting the RDLogics Mongoose...or Team Magic G4 or whatever the name for it is now. I'm looking to replace my R40 with it.

I had a few questions though.

-Is this car still having the steering rack problems that it was when it first came out? Something about not being smooth or getting hung up or something.

-Anybody come up with a way to protect that exposed reciever from impact?

-Where do you guys get parts from. I don't mind doing mail order, so thats not an issue. I just need to know that I can find G4 or Mongoose parts if/when I need them.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

-Darkseid
The new steering is slightly hit the front belt but I never experienced a broken front belt. Last race I even got bored and replace it with the new one Never looked someone broke the receiver also on the track. Although we're covering the receiver but only from the fuel and dirt.

Last edited by daniz24; 07-24-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all the help! I can feel the Cars Potential but the Clutch has a Few bugs to Work out. Seems like I better get the Clutch bell Play to .1 .2mm Compared to the 1/16 Inch that I have Now. Hopefully This wll keep the Weights from Hanging up, Hoefully my weights were getting Slung out too Far. I will let you guys Know.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Just to confirm ... the short serpent springs fit OK ? ... on all 4 corners ?

thanks !
yep! serpent short springs fit perfect all around.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:07 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
thats odd, I woner why mine doesnt have any...

would it be safe to drill two of my own with a small drill bit?
Mine doesn't have holes either, I just take everything out when I need an adjustment.
If you want to make the hole, that's fine but make sure you don't damage the part on the bell that touch the clutch shoe.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:15 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
for the throttle linkage, where you need to use a flanged bearing, I used a regular one is that ok?

also are the front shocks suposed to be so stiff? and be stiffer then the rear shocks?
I think that you need a flanged bearing, to make sure put everything together and make sure that you can't take it out from the top.
The front shocks and the rears are the same, all four shocks should feel the same, then if you already put them into the car and the car feel stiffer in the front, it's ok.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Darkseid

Rd Logics carries all the parts for the Mongoose. They also made a financial commitment to support the car. If your driving an R40 now you will love the responsivenes to the car. The current steering rack system in the car is okay. It requires some maintenance beyond a standard bell crank system, but it shouldn't hold you back from buying the car. The car really shines on high bite fast tracks. It's low center of gravity makes it feel like your driving a carpet car on asphault!
Old 07-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Uneke
yep! serpent short springs fit perfect all around.

Do you know any online store who sell this springs ? ...

thanks,
Old 07-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Spring sets

RD Logics Sells a complete spring set for the car. They work great!! They may not be listed on there website but they carry them. I'm sure they will be less than a serpent complete set. I don't think serpent even sells them as a complete set.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, here's a setup i thought you could check up
dunno shocklength though, the TRF's are at the same length as the standard dampers though.
*edit* Forgot the gearing, it's 20-24 and 52-47
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
G4%20Blank.pdf (395.5 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by Tommy Bergfeldt; 07-25-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the answers guys.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone here use the rear ball diff?Im not really a big fan of gear diffs.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Fordman500... I used the rear ball diff last year because of the ease of tuning, overall performance was a tad bit down because of the extra weight... I know it says light weight, but it weighs more then the stock gear diff... If you don't like swapping out diff oils and diffs altogether, then give the ball diff a try... For me though, perfer the gear diff... Always have a couple on hand depending on track conditions...

RC_Alan
Old 07-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply RC!!

Heres my problem.I filled the gear diff with 10,000 like you told me.I came back to it the next day and there was a puddle of diff oil on my table.I took it apart and everything seemed ok.The screws were tight and the gasket was intact.Im not sure whats going on.Like I said though Im not a big fan of the gear diffs anyway.As far as the weight goes,Im no where near the level of driving that a little more weight will make a difference.I just really dont want to mess around with swapping oils.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Suspended

From the Sedan Nats:

Photos can be seen in the gallery at http://www.jpsportspics.com/gallery/05sedan_nats
Old 07-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jpilone
From the Sedan Nats:

Photos can be seen in the gallery at http://www.jpsportspics.com/gallery/05sedan_nats

Whose car is that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.