Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The Mongoose is a great car if you plan to race. The G4S (not sure if RD Logics will keep the naming and go with Mongoose S or Mongoose II or something) is the next evolution of the G4 (Mongoose and G4 Evo are identical kits). The G4S comes with a lot of the upgrades that the racers added. Including the UFO clutch, graphite shock towers, redesigned radio layout for a better fit, etc etc.

If you want to race, then you can use either the Mongoose/G4Evo or the G4S and add your choice of radio(you say you're happy with your JR stuff so no drama there) engine and pipe.

The RTR car still comes with a .15 engine which some clubs will allow in their 'outlaw' class. So if you wanted to race in the normal 200mm nitro touring class then you'll need a .12 engine.

Hope this info helps you make the choice that's right for you.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Z00M
The Mongoose is a great car if you plan to race. The G4S (not sure if RD Logics will keep the naming and go with Mongoose S or Mongoose II or something) is the next evolution of the G4 (Mongoose and G4 Evo are identical kits). The G4S comes with a lot of the upgrades that the racers added. Including the UFO clutch, graphite shock towers, redesigned radio layout for a better fit, etc etc.

If you want to race, then you can use either the Mongoose/G4Evo or the G4S and add your choice of radio(you say you're happy with your JR stuff so no drama there) engine and pipe.

The RTR car still comes with a .15 engine which some clubs will allow in their 'outlaw' class. So if you wanted to race in the normal 200mm nitro touring class then you'll need a .12 engine.

Hope this info helps you make the choice that's right for you.
Great explaination could not have said it better my self.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Zoom
there will be no new Mongoose version.(according to TM) However we will be supporting Mongoose parts. We are still evaluating an upgrade kit for the goose to partial of full G4S specs. However at this point all the parts to do it are not available. The biggest issue we have with it is it requires either an owner chassis modification or a new chassis to mount the new steering post as it bolts to the bottom of the chassis in the G4S model. If we can't find a way around this it will require a new chassis and new side braces. We are working on it though.

Last edited by Motorman2; 01-27-2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the update. I guess everyone will know now when I tell them I drive a G4 instead of trying to explain the 'Mongoose'. he he.

We might have to talk about what you can do for 'us' over here given the current circumstances.

A conversion kit that includes the chassis, steering. side braces (if they're different) and the lower belt tensioner would suit most of us here. We've all got the UFO clutch and graphite everything else.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default shock set up ???

Hi all,

What pistons do you guys run in your shocks?
Do you all run the K Factory Delrin pistons ? Or the stock ones?

Does anyone run O rings around the stock pistons?
I have been running the stock pistons with O rings and they work really well.
I found that alot of the shock oil 'seaped' (?) around the sides of the pistons without them.

Your thoughts ??

Tony
Old 01-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

I run the K-Factory pistons. 3 holes front 4 holes rear. With the stock pistons, can you fit an o-ring around them? I'll have to have a look at mine. Do you think the extra friction from the o-ring on the shock body changes the oil weight you need to use?

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Default pistons.......

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, you can put a 10mm X 1mm O ring around the stock pistons. They work real well. No apparent increase in friction and they don't let as much oil by the sides of the pistons. Thats what I don't like about the K factory delryn pistons.

Try it out and see what you think.
I would say this way you make sure all the oil goes through the piston holes and not around the sides..... which would create inconsistant damper feel/operation.

What do you think?

Tony
Menace Racing & Supply
Old 01-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i special ordered a bunch of stickers for a friend of mine. unfortunately, he is not racing anymore. so if you guys are interested in some "MONGOOSE" stickers, please PM me.

i have them in red, blue, white, and black.

here's a sample photo:
Old 02-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmmm

what happened to all the mongoose drivers its quiet where are you guys
Old 02-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
I am patiently wait for for G4S convertion, in the mean time, crushing my mongoose arround knock down neighbour's kids and pet
Old 02-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Patienly waiting for the weather to break. The Ground Hog says we'll have 6 more weeks of winter. The Nitro season start in April up here. Till then, I'm carpet munching.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Everybody I know that had a mongoose/G4 are in other kits like RRR WC,Mtx4 Considering Mongoose was one of the hottest cars at my local track(revelation) to now just one or two maybe.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

when i started racing rev there was only mongoose and mugen now only mugen 3rrr but i guess thats the flow
Old 02-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Cool

when i started racing rev there was only mongoose and mugen now only mugen 3rrr but i guess thats the flow
That true.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

The mongoose/G4 just had some problems that just seemed impossible to cure. Finally Team Magic listened and listened well. After a long time of R&D, the out come is their new G4S. The kits are now in stock and the word from builders is ... better than dreamed. However we all know the track tells the story. Mine will be in tomorrow and I can't wait. So maybe a comeback?

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.