Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
You can look at the results linked to the racing at CP Aug 20 post.
B'main car #4 on lap 13 was a 16.2 that woul be me Brad Toffelmire.
As far as living at Rev that is funny I live in Phoenix.

As far as everything else you spewed..........Blah ..Blah.. Blah it is about as useful as you car setup advice.
Some people need to get a life... Cut the track and get a 16.2 lap.... Good job... Beg for a set and I give him Josh Cyrul's set up and it didn't work for him... Go figure... I'm happy you're 2nd in command to the team mgr... I want to see how fast you are blah blah blah... Some people are just plan Grow up... My PM works as well.... Oh, like your last one to me... Please don't tell anyone I PM'd you about the car... I don't want anyone to know I don't anything and I'm Can you please give me a setup... Nuff said... And on behalf of RD_Logics, TM and the entire Mongoose family... End of story... Now let's get back to happy racing and happy posting...

RC_Alan
Old 09-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default RC-Alan

RC Alan quote " And no, you didn't run a 16.2 sec lap at CP... That's a fact" Alan.... I think you need to get your facts straight before making posts. You're also coming across as the "official spokesperson" for RD Logics and Team Magic. I find that abit presumptious and egotistical.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RayJ
RC Alan quote " And no, you didn't run a 16.2 sec lap at CP... That's a fact" Alan.... I think you need to get your facts straight before making posts. You're also coming across as the "official spokesperson" for RD Logics and Team Magic. I find that abit presumptious and egotistical.

RAyJ... YBSLOW and I have already settled the matter.... Issue closed. As and you saying I'm coming across as an official spokesperson for RD_Logics and TM... Come on... I am who I am and I know what I know... Again issue closed. Once again, let's get back to happy racing and happy posting...

RC_Alan
Old 09-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HTML Code:
TM & RD really should look into this problem and the material used in making the S-Class gears... These are .08 gearing
Alan I had a discussion with Nick at TM several months ago and he assured me they would make an upcomming material change.

I can tell you for a fact that corner curbs and dots kill second spurs. I went a whole season on 2 spurs and then at a recent outing killed six. after alot of head scratching we discovered that it was the curbs and dots I was getting on from time to time hurting the spurs

Another thing people may not know is the rear engine mount bolts share the same hole as the rear mount holes to the chassis. It is easy to put a screw in the rear of the engine that is to long, this won't let the chassis mount screws lock down to the chassis and its only about .010 to long. It looks like it seated against the chassis but it does not letting the engine shift while driving it. Look for this problem if your stripping spurs.

ps the gearing is 1.0
Old 09-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

whats up brad and alan, I was reading your discussion on gearing and can tell you leo and brad might be running similar roll out. brad is running a higher gear ratio but with 61mm tires. When leo ran last year he was running the gearing alan mention which is taller but leo was running paper thin tires because the bite was high last december.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

thats alot for screws though does towerhobbies have the same kinds for cheaper
or some other place?
Old 09-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Screwzzzzzz

I used to get screw kits from Rc Screwz for my other cars but have not been to their site for sometime.
They used supply kits for most kits, however, there are few things that will save you some money and one of them, it that , if they do not have the kit made up for the car kit then you can submit the specs and they will give you a discount for letting them know the specs.

I went to what I thought was there website, however, it appears to be down right now and not working properly.

Perhaps you could try some keywords and see if you can find them.

I noticed that Losi still advertises their products, so it appears that they still have sets for different types of cars, trucks etc....

Boca Bearings does the same type of thing if your interested in getting bearing kits made up. You just have to let them know all of the different sizes and they will build kits for all.

The address I have for the screw kits is http://www.RCScrewz.com

try it, or perhaps you can find a link to a new site they may have ????

Scott
Old 09-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

It looks like they have their site back up and I see that they have a new set for at the least a Team Magic g4 screw kit for 20.00 !!!!!!

http://www.rcscrewz.com/

On the left side of the site , select , Stainless Steel Screw Kits !!!!

Then Select 1/10th Nitro Cars and Trucks.

Then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and you will see the Team Magic g4 car !!!!! $20.00 not bad !!!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

It looks like they have their site back up and I see that they have a new set for at the least a Team Magic g4 screw kit for 20.00 !!!!!!

http://www.rcscrewz.com/

On the left side of the site , select , Stainless Steel Screw Kits !!!!

Then Select 1/10th Nitro Cars and Trucks.

Then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and you will see the Team Magic g4 car !!!!! $20.00 not bad !!!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
whats up brad and alan, I was reading your discussion on gearing and can tell you leo and brad might be running similar roll out. brad is running a higher gear ratio but with 61mm tires. When leo ran last year he was running the gearing alan mention which is taller but leo was running paper thin tires because the bite was high last december.

E X A C T L Y!
Old 09-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

but are the screws in the set allen or philips?

and those dont even have all the right screws, you need the self tapping screws for those which go into plastic
Old 09-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default ????

Do you have a Phone ???? Call em and ask them !!!!!

743-844-1742 They probably have both types !!!

Or at the very least let you know who might !!!
Old 09-18-2005, 03:28 AM
Tech Initiate

does anybody know if the 18t pinion will fit the ufo clutch bell ???
Old 09-18-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 18t on ufo

Originally Posted by g4raycer
does anybody know if the 18t pinion will fit the ufo clutch bell ???

yes it will.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Interest in G4.............

HI Motorman,

I'm starting to run my G4 ...... and by the way, I really like the car!

I would like to start stocking the parts and the car at our new store in Davenport IA.
As there has been ALOT of interest in it!!

Would that be possible?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.