v one rrr VS fw-o5r

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

v one rrr VS fw-o5r

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

I really havent tried any real subjective testing where I compare heat times with different setups. What you think feels faster is actually no change in lap times.

Its a bit difficult as we only get to time the cars during heats on race days. I think I'll get one of those personnel timers

Cheers
Old 10-23-2004, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ziggy12345
I really havent tried any real subjective testing where I compare heat times with different setups. What you think feels faster is actually no change in lap times.

Its a bit difficult as we only get to time the cars during heats on race days. I think I'll get one of those personnel timers

Cheers
Best way to test is with 1 or 2 other racers as you then have to find the lines you would not normally use.
I have gone to test days on my own and thought the car was absolute pants, only to find it was working so well I was actually overdriving it, so when the others hit the track I could walk all over them.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default V1RRR or FW05R?

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: I have problem out-sprinting the stock v-oneRRR/SIRIO Engine with my V-ONE RR Evolution/Novarossi though both handles great specially in the corners.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The car was slower at first but after some tweaking to the setup it was as fast and easier to drive. You need to toe out the front wheels with the spool in the front.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
The car was slower at first but after some tweaking to the setup it was as fast and easier to drive. You need to toe out the front wheels with the spool in the front.
Just had someone with a 710 do the same thing and he's now saying how good it feels, guess I'll have to try it myself now.

You say toe-out, I thought that was the only way to set up a car, always toe-out, never toe-in.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NiMo
... so when the others hit the track I could walk all over them.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Lost for words again
Old 10-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was using 0 deg toe in the front with the oneway then changed to +2 with the front spool.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:53 AM
Tech Initiate

this thread was just what i was looking for.

so if the fw had better suspension geometry would you rrr owners choose it over the fw?

i don't mind spending $$$ to make the fw better. i just don't want it to hit peak performance that can never match the rrr out of the box.

if that's the case, i would go with the rrr.

thanks.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by franknitty69
this thread was just what i was looking for.

so if the fw had better suspension geometry would you rrr owners choose it over the fw?

i don't mind spending $$$ to make the fw better. i just don't want it to hit peak performance that can never match the rrr out of the box.

if that's the case, i would go with the rrr.

thanks.
No the weight on the FW is too far back giving the push at power on. The only way to fix this is to reduce the rear grip.

The CofG on the RRR is much further forward

Cheers
Old 11-19-2004, 05:07 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I have not had drive train failure since building the ZT version of the FW. No stripped belts or pulleys, some of the tracks we race on have lots of belt shredding rocks. On the tighter tracks I turn inside most of the other cars. I lap faster with this car than I did with the MTX and until a RRR whoops me I'll stick with the shafty.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rjl
I have not had drive train failure since building the ZT version of the FW. No stripped belts or pulleys, some of the tracks we race on have lots of belt shredding rocks. On the tighter tracks I turn inside most of the other cars. I lap faster with this car than I did with the MTX and until a RRR whoops me I'll stick with the shafty.
Spool or one way?

Cheers
Old 11-19-2004, 05:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by rjl
i love that zac project stuff. makes me feel like i'm watching initial d or something. but $300 though? that's an rrr.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:27 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I really only run the one way.
The ZT-1 is nice but not really necessary. I do think that the center conversion is pretty well indispensible, the overdrive with less than 2mm tyre split really got the car dialled.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rjl
I really only run the one way.
The ZT-1 is nice but not really necessary. I do think that the center conversion is pretty well indispensible, the overdrive with less than 2mm tyre split really got the car dialled.
I run the centre conversion and one way and its pretty good. I also run Mugen rear hubs and rr links

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.