Yokomo GT4

Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Yokomo GT4

I have a Yokomo GT4 and the gears are stripped. Now, since it's a much older machine, Yokomo has decided to axe support for this model and I can't seem to find/order parts from it from anywhere (I did put up a post in WTB).

So, my question is, since it's relatively close to Team Magic's/RDLogic's G4, would I be able to use the 1st and 2nd gears from those on my GT4? The engine is still stock so if I have to, I can replace the engine and replace the 1st and 2nd gears with something else that would fit. Another option I'm looking at is to refit it with different pinions and spurs that would mesh well together that would get it running.

A little background about me and my ability...I have none. I don't race and I surely do not compete with my R/C. I just use it to drive around and have fun in my backyard, front yard/street, and local schools' yards. Now, the wifey has an HPI RS3 that we bought at the same time and that's still running strong. Plus HPI still has replacement parts for the RS3.

Now back to my question...should I keep it or sell it for parts and jump to HPI or another brand?

Last edited by NuG050; 04-27-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I am from Hong Kong and my local Yokomo dealer still carry GT4 parts. If you have the parts number, I am happy to check it for you.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

1 x ZE-616 (1st gear of 2-speed)
1 x ZE-619 (2nd gear of 2-speed)

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I will check for you later this week.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NuG050
I have a Yokomo GT4 and the gears are stripped. Now, since it's a much older machine, Yokomo has decided to axe support for this model and I can't seem to find/order parts from it from anywhere (I did put up a post in WTB).

So, my question is, since it's relatively close to Team Magic's/RDLogic's G4, would I be able to use the 1st and 2nd gears from those on my GT4? The engine is still stock so if I have to, I can replace the engine and replace the 1st and 2nd gears with something else that would fit. Another option I'm looking at is to refit it with different pinions and spurs that would mesh well together that would get it running.

A little background about me and my ability...I have none. I don't race and I surely do not compete with my R/C. I just use it to drive around and have fun in my backyard, front yard/street, and local schools' yards. Now, the wifey has an HPI RS3 that we bought at the same time and that's still running strong. Plus HPI still has replacement parts for the RS3.

Now back to my question...should I keep it or sell it for parts and jump to HPI or another brand?
sent you pm
Old 04-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have some parts as well, let me know if you need something.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but I just wanted to see if someone might have an extra GT4 front shock absorber laying around that they might want to sell. I did post a WTB, by the way, but I figured I would put this out there in case someone else might see this...

I am a newbie just trying to get my first RC car back up and running (I believe this is the last part I need), so any help is appreciated! I can see this quickly becoming a new addiction (if I can keep this thing running)...