Wiki Posts
Search

Salven Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Salven Radio Problems

Just read about Michael Salven experiencing radio interference problems in the Worlds semi. I thought with 2.4 GHz technology interference was a thing of the past? 1/8 onroad is the scariest type of RC racing to have glitching problems!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by raycerZ
Just read about Michael Salven experiencing radio interference problems in the Worlds semi. I thought with 2.4 GHz technology interference was a thing of the past? 1/8 onroad is the scariest type of RC racing to have glitching problems!
First, it may be possible that he is using a standard frequency, not 2.4 ghz. Regardless, it could be anything in the electronics, like a loose wire, bad solder joint in the battery, etc.

I've experienced problems that appear like glitching but really it was faulty connections in the battery. One thing I noticed perhaps is that 2.4 ghz radios are more sensitive to these kind of issues.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Glitching

Originally Posted by tomkelley
First, it may be possible that he is using a standard frequency, not 2.4 ghz. Regardless, it could be anything in the electronics, like a loose wire, bad solder joint in the battery, etc.

I've experienced problems that appear like glitching but really it was faulty connections in the battery. One thing I noticed perhaps is that 2.4 ghz radios are more sensitive to these kind of issues.
He was using 2'4 and will have the radio checked out he just lost control three times leaving the pits in warm ups but the third time to much damange to the car. Very sorry for his trouble, we always want to see a good race but so many broke in that race
Old 04-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Salven ALWAYS has radio problems. I don't know what his deal is.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Lord

It is a fairytale that 2.4ghz is interference free, it is still an FM transmitter but only the technology is different. Several specs DSSS and FHSS should run togeather but in the US 100mW is legal while Europian sets may only have 10mW so there is a chance your 10mW signal can be pushed out.

Just look arround on several RC flying forums and you will read many problems like a bad range, same transmitter ID, bad chanel selection etc.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have had the same story on practice day, my car just started to drive and i was unable to stop him... Was using Sanwa 2.4. Things happens.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Salven's RX wasn't waterproof...
Old 04-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Did he not have issues at Lostello with radio issues???
Old 04-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Salven's RX wasn't waterproof...
I wonder if anybody told Micheal that there is many poisonous snakes in Florida? Maybe he thought he was immune wearing that shirt.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wmay11
Did he not have issues at Lostello with radio issues???
Nope! he never have Radio issues in Lostallo.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

its funny some people suffer from glitches all the time and yet other never have a problem in there life, i know sounds of the wall but i really believe that something to do with your electric current in your own body has something to do with it. when i was at the pre worlds i was getting a glitch at the end of the sweeper, sometimes when i went up it happen and sometimes no, then once when it was happening my teamate yelled up move over 3 feet and it went away, the driverstand in miami has metal poles that hold the roof up and everytime i stood next to it i glitched... go figure.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
its funny some people suffer from glitches all the time and yet other never have a problem in there life, i know sounds of the wall but i really believe that something to do with your electric current in your own body has something to do with it. when i was at the pre worlds i was getting a glitch at the end of the sweeper, sometimes when i went up it happen and sometimes no, then once when it was happening my teamate yelled up move over 3 feet and it went away, the driverstand in miami has metal poles that hold the roof up and everytime i stood next to it i glitched... go figure.
What radio were you using?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default glitch

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
I race in Miami all the time and i actually lean on the poll, I use M11 with the fhss-2 and have never had a glitch lucky me I guess
Old 04-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

Carbon fibre actually produces a lot of static which in turn can cause radio problems if the reciever is not insulated properly. The worlds sounds as if it was a complete balls up. Drivers preperation suffered as a result imo.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JIM1
Carbon fibre actually produces a lot of static which in turn can cause radio problems if the reciever is not insulated properly. The worlds sounds as if it was a complete balls up. Drivers preperation suffered as a result imo.
well teh guys who were in the semi directly, had alot of time to prepare. A full day to prepare, teh bump up guys were the ones who had time very limited due to the heat in teh tanks, they were allowed ample time for the swelling to go down, and tanks then legal size. as some one wrote previously. tanks should be checked before a race, if over, then sort it out, have your warm up limited if you cant stick to the rules. would save alot of time for teh tech guys after the race, and allow more time for other to prepare their cars. i mean its the worlds, 8 mins to pre a car for your next final ? stupid !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.