Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Races

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool Races

Quick Question? when it comes to racing, heats, main, and qualifiers. I'm not sure how or what do they look for when you are racing for the qualifiers what is or is there a standard? and then i know that the fastest drivers then go into the A main and then if theres alot more drivers b main, etc. But what is involved in the qualifiers race, heat races, mains, etc. its been a long time since i have been on a track but we did it alot ALOT differently way back. i need someone to help school me, i might be out with Glenn and his club this weekend so i would like to get some pointers, i dont want to be the newby causing problems at the track because i dont know!!! know what I mean.....

Thanks
Adam
Old 04-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's pretty simple really. Heat races are run to set the order of the main. It is all done on your time so most if not all races you are racing against the clock until the main event (IFMAR style). If you run in a large class or at big events it is very likley that there will be A, B, C and so on Main's for each class. The winners of the lower mains bump up into the higher mains.

Not real hard to understand and the track will guide you through the process.

Go out and have some fun !!!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buster661
It's pretty simple really. Heat races are run to set the order of the main. It is all done on your time so most if not all races you are racing against the clock until the main event (IFMAR style). If you run in a large class or at big events it is very likley that there will be A, B, C and so on Main's for each class. The winners of the lower mains bump up into the higher mains.

Not real hard to understand and the track will guide you through the process.

Go out and have some fun !!!
In Australia, perhaps similar to IFMAR onroad Nitro

Drivers are seeded into heats, where we race the clock and not each other and rotate start positions from pit lane, then after the 6 rounds, the top 4 qualifiers are seeded into the A-Main. From there it's a bump up system of grid starts based on qualifying position for 1/16th 1/8th 1/4 and semis with top 4 progressing up wards and in semi's top three finally filling the remaining 6 positions in the A-Main final. Might have it a bit wrong in bump numbers, but a great system in my opinion. Everyone has a chance to make good if they had a hard time in their heats of quals

Electric EP use different systems.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Still not clear, is it fastest lap vs. ave lap? Is it most laps in a given amount of time? I over heard Tom Wong say he had a "17" but wished for a "19". Any idea what he was talking about?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigMiles
Still not clear, is it fastest lap vs. ave lap? Is it most laps in a given amount of time? I over heard Tom Wong say he had a "17" but wished for a "19". Any idea what he was talking about?
Its the most laps in 5 minutes. He meant he did 17 laps in 5 minutes, but wished he had done 19 laps in 5 minutes.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Its the most laps in 5 minutes. He meant he did 17 laps in 5 minutes, but wished he had done 19 laps in 5 minutes.
and to expand on that a little, to seperate the guys at the front who do the same amount of laps, the shortest time over 5 min is 1st so a 19 lapper taking 5 min 3 sec would beat a 19 lapper taking 5 min 7 seconds and so on and so forth.
So total time + laps completed set the grid order for the finals