Wiki Posts
Search

New Car kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Arrow New Car kits

Let's talk about the new kits that come out in the market today...

By the way, I would like to ask your advice and tips which would be the best car for a beginner that is already competitive as his skills improve..

I would be glad to hear your advices and tips... I greatly appreciate it coz i know that there are experienced rc racers out there..

Tnx in advance, brothers...
Old 08-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: New Car kits

Kyosho V-one-RRR.

the link is here.

Originally posted by japong

By the way, I would like to ask your advice and tips which would be the best car for a beginner that is already competitive as his skills improve..

I would be glad to hear your advices and tips... I greatly appreciate it coz i know that there are experienced rc racers out there..

Old 08-05-2004, 01:51 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: New Car kits

Originally posted by japong

Complicated issue, but lets start by making a list (hope i'm not missing one). These are 1/10 Nitro cars. No special order.

Cars currently on the market:

BELT DRIVEN:

Serpent 710
HPI R40
Mugen MTX3
Kyosho V one RR-Evo
Team Magic G4
Yokomo GT4 LW

SHAFT DRIVEN:

AE NTC3
Kyosho FW05
OFNA LD3
OFNA CD3

Cars to hit the market soon:

Kyosho V one RRR (belt)
Hobao / OFNA FP4 (belt)
Tamiya TG10 MK2 (shaft)

Cars to hit the market end of the year or in 2005:

PRP Concept XT (belt)
Mugen MTX4 (belt)
Yokomo GT?? (belt)

So as you can see the offer is quite broad, but I would get any of the cars listed considering, your budget of course, if you wan't to go shaft or belt driven, parts availability around your area, and what most drivers at your track race, because you'll have tech support when things get tough.

My 2 cents

AFM
Old 08-05-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Go with a car that alot of people around you tend to drive. If everyone at your track is driving one car, then you should probably go with it, but generally you'll find a mix of 2-5 brands that are popular at each track. If it were to come down to two, Serpent and Mugen to be the most popular. At my track its Serpent, Mugen, Associated, HPI, Kyosho, Team Magic. You seem to get good feedback from racers who are using the same car. My mistake I got when I started racing was no one drove the car I had, so I kind of had to figure it out on my own.

I assume you'd go for a touring sedan, not 8th scale, so here's my suggestion.

From my experience, I had a good impression after I changed over to the Serpent 710. Although these cars are extremely complex, Serpent does a lot to educate you on how to work on and setup a car in their setup books and on their website.

I guess you could say the same about the MTX3, or NTC3, but i don't think either company does as much as Serpent does to help you along the way. Whatever you choose, try to find one you'll be happy with in the long run, it might be worth it to spend extra, or else you'll just end up spending more later on.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

beg you pardon?

Originally posted by tomkelley
...I guess you could say the same about the MTX3, or NTC3, but i don't think either company does as much as Serpent does to help you along the way...
Old 08-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry I don't meant to ignite an argument here or be offensive to anyone, but the guy wanted a suggestion and I gave him my opinion. That said, I give my honest opinion that my statement comes from my own experience after having owned 2 other cars before going to Serpent, and thats what my experience has been like. They weren't negative experiences before, but I was just really satisfied after having spent my time with the new car. So, I'm refering to the total package of online manuals, setup guides, trackside tech support at bigger races, and discussion areas availabe on mytsn. I do think both MTX3 and NTC3 I think they are both excellent cars and good for any beginner too, both companies do excellent job of supportting their product and racers.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:19 PM
afm
Tech Master

Go with a car that alot of people around you tend to drive. If everyone at your track is driving one car, then you should probably go with it, but generally you'll find a mix of 2-5 brands that are popular at each track............................................. ........
My mistake I got when I started racing was no one drove the car I had, so I kind of had to figure it out on my own.

................................. about the MTX3, or NTC3.......... i don't think either company does as much as Serpent does to help you along the way........................
I don't agree with your last statement.
I've recently (2 months) changed my good old Yokomo GT4 for a Mugen MTX3 Prospec, and i've never got so much information on a car as i've got for the MTX3.
It was so easy to tune and set -up and I'm enjoying every minute on this car as i've never did.
There is a lot of parts, hop-ups and information everywhere, that even if the official web pages don't have it as Serpent does, you don't miss it.

My 2 cents

AFM
Old 08-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

no harms done. case closed.

cheers,

Sorry I don't meant to ignite an argument here or be offensive to anyone, but the guy wanted a suggestion and I gave him my opinion. That said, I give my honest opinion that my statement comes from my own experience after having owned 2 other cars before going to Serpent, and thats what my experience has been like. They weren't negative experiences before, but I was just really satisfied after having spent my time with the new car. So, I'm refering to the total package of online manuals, setup guides, trackside tech support at bigger races, and discussion areas availabe on mytsn. I do think both MTX3 and NTC3 I think they are both excellent cars and good for any beginner too, both companies do excellent job of supportting their product and racers.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

man why does everyone have to get all uppity whenever somebody disagrees with their OPINION?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

people are supposed to accept and disagree over other people's opinions, thats why rc chatrooms were invented in the first place, to share, and discuss the rc hobby. nobody should get upset over another one's opinion, instead they should state that they disagree and then give some reasons why, mho lol.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

exactly serpent60. ok you drive serpent, i drive mugen. so what. whatever works for you. I myself love the mugen. it is definatly about 10 steps up from the ntc3 that i was driving. and i know that the serpent can get along as well as the mugen.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Arrow Tnx to you guys..:-)

It is really good and fun in the rc world... Even we have our own opinion, that's ok as long as we dont piss with somebody.. I agree with u serpent60!!

By the way, my frends told me to just buy the kyosho v1s but considering its worthiness to race after practicing with it, the cost in upgrading it is almost buying already a good car.. My other frends suggested to just buy the kyosho fw05r, advantages, shaft type and i think its less maintenance compare to belt type cars..

As of now, i'm still reading a lot of articles from magazines, internet and tips from u guys...
By the way, brothers, tnx for all your tip, advices and insights...
I can still wait because it is still rainy days in our place...